John Aglialoro (born November 27, 1943) is an American businessman and film producer.
Aglialoro (left) with Harmon Kaslow
|Born||November 27, 1943|
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
|Alma mater||Temple University|
Aglialoro has been profiled by Forbes and Fortune magazines and was praised in a Forbes blog post.. Recently, Aglialoro and his wife were recognized and honored as 2018 Distinguished Citizen Award Recipients by the Freedom Foundation. He has also been recognized as part of the "100 Most Influential Libertarians".
Early life and educationEdit
Aglialoro served as CEO of Cybex International, a fitness equipment manufacturer, from 1997 until 2016 when it was sold to Brunswick Corporation. He is also chairman and CEO of UM Holdings Ltd., which he co-founded in 1973. As of 2019[update] Aglialoro is a borough commissioner for Tavistock, New Jersey, a borough with a population of 5 in 2010. He had previously served as the borough's mayor.
After almost two decades after acquiring the movie rights from the Estate of Ayn Rand, and having several notable producers option the rights, Aglialoro took it upon himself to see that Atlas Shrugged would finally go into production and independently financed its production and distribution through Atlas Productions, LLC. Since the novel is more than 1200 pages and separated into 3 parts, Aglialoro determined that filming each part separately would allow him to cinematically deliver more of its powerful message. Aglialoro produced Atlas Shrugged Part 1 with Harmon Kaslow and shared screenplay credit, too. On April 15, 2011, the film version of Atlas Shrugged: Part I, premiered in 299 selected cities throughout the United States and ultimately played on nearly 700 different screens during its USA theatrical run earning nearly $5M in box office receipts. With the participation of additional executive producers, Aglialoro continued the trilogy by producing Atlas Shrugged: Part II which debuted in October 2012 on nearly 1200 screens. The third and final part of the novel was produced and written by Aglialoro under the title: Atlas Shrugged Part III: Who Is John Galt?, which debuted on September 12, 2014, in more than 200 theaters. Aglialoro received awards for the movies including a Saturn Award, an award from the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation , Anthem Film Festival and others. Following the theatrical release of the Atlas Shrugged Trilogy, Aglialoro has been approached by a number of producers interested in partnering with him on a remake as a feature or multi-part feature including twice Academy Award Winner (Best Picture – Godfather; Best Picture – Million Dollar Baby), Albert S. Ruddy.
Aglialoro married Diane Walter and had two children, Justin and Holly. Later, they had a divorce. John then got married to Joan Carter. Previously, Joan had 2 children as well, Mark and Liesl. Now they have eight grandchildren.
- John Aglialoro Profile Forbes
- Top 25 richest execs – 10. John Aglialoro. CNN.
- John Tamny A Name to Know In 2011: Atlas Shrugged Producer John Aglialoro Forbes, December 12, 2010
- "Freedom Foundation".
- Gillespie, Nick. "Atlas Shrugged Producer John Aglialoro on Ayn Rand's Enduring Impact". Reason, September 8, 2004. Retrieved August 7, 2019. "In my old hometown Collingswood, New Jersey, I would get on a bus, take a few mile trip to an ice station, get crushed ice, a 50-pound bag, put it on my back, put it in the bus, take it back, put it on a wagon, get some flavors, and in front of the mayor's office of Collingswood, New Jersey–he allowed me on our main street–I sold snow cones. That was the beginning of it."
- Franks, Serena. "Atlas Shrugged Film Event @ Camden County College", Gloucester Township, NJ Patch, March 26, 2012. Retrieved August 7, 2019. "The CCLR is pleased to present Atlas Shrugged, produced by Camden County native, John Aglialoro, who graduated from Collingswood High School and Temple University."
- Letter from the CEO Cybex International
- "Home page, Borough of Tavistock". Retrieved July 18, 2019.
- "IMDb – Atlas Shrugged Part 1".
- "Box Office Mojo – Atlas Shrugged Part 1".
- "Box Office Mojo".
- "IMDb – Atlas Shrugged Part 1".
- "Atlas Shrugged Movie Blog".
- "ACTUAL ARTICLE TITLE BELONGS HERE!". The Hollywood Reporter.
- 2004 United States Poker Championship: No-Limit Hold'em Championship Bluff Magazine October 31, 2004