Joffrey Lauvergne (born September 30, 1991) is a French professional basketball player for Fenerbahçe of the Turkish Basketball Super League and the EuroLeague. He was drafted 55th overall by the Memphis Grizzlies in the 2013 NBA draft, who then traded his rights to the Denver Nuggets.
Lauvergne with the Fenerbahçe in 2018
|No. 77 – Fenerbahçe|
|Position||Center / Power forward|
|League||Turkish Basketball Super League|
|Born||September 30, 1991|
|Listed height||6 ft 11 in (2.11 m)|
|Listed weight||260 lb (118 kg)|
|High school||INSEP (Paris, France)|
|NBA draft||2013 / Round: 2 / Pick: 55th overall|
|Selected by the Memphis Grizzlies|
|2016–2017||Oklahoma City Thunder|
|2017–2018||San Antonio Spurs|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
After two years in INSEP (2007–2009), Joffrey Lauvergne arrived in Chalon-sur-Saône in 2009. With Élan Chalon he won a French League in 2012, two French Cups in 2011 and 2012, and Leaders Cup in 2012. Lauvergne averaged 5.4 points and 3.4 rebounds per game in the French League. He was waived by the team on 25 November 2012.
On December 28, 2012, Lauvergne signed a two and half year contract with Partizan Belgrade. After breakthrough half-season he was having in Partizan, he was drafted 55th overall by the Memphis Grizzlies in the 2013 NBA Draft, who then traded his rights to the Denver Nuggets. It was also announced that he will stay some time overseas before joining the NBA.
Later in the summer of 2013, Lauvergne confirmed that he will stay with the club for another season, despite the financial problems the club was facing. In his second EuroLeague season, with lot of trust from head coach Duško Vujošević, he has made big steps forward in his development, becoming one of the best rebounders in the league averaging 9.3 rebounds in 10 regular season games. His games haven't gone unseen, as Denver Nuggets general manager Tim Connelly has said that they really liked the progress he has made through the season. When team captain Dragan Milosavljević got injured, Lauvergne was appointed as new team captain. This made him first foreign captain in history of the Serbian team. Over 24 games in the EuroLeague, he averaged 11.1 points per game, while also leading the league with 8.6 rebounds per game. Along with his teammate Bogdan Bogdanović, he was selected to the Ideal Team of the 2013–14 ABA League season. Partizan finished season by winning its 13th consecutive title, defeating arch rivals Crvena zvezda by 3-1 in the final series.
Day after leaving Partizan, he left the farewell letter praising his old teammates, coaching staff, fans and Serbian people in general. He also stated that he was feeling like part of family, almost like at home, surrounded with love and care from the people in the club.
On June 23, 2014, he signed a two-year deal with the Russian club Khimki. According to the Serbian daily press Večernje novosti, Partizan also received US$600,000 in the name of buyout from Khimki, as Lauvergne was still under contract with Partizan.
On February 4, 2015, Lauvergne parted ways with Khimki. Over 27 games, he averaged 9.4 points, 4.4 rebounds and 1.1 assists per game.
On February 19, 2015, Lauvergne signed a reported two-year deal with the Denver Nuggets. Three days later, he made his NBA debut, recording 8 points and 3 rebounds in the Nuggets' 119–94 loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Oklahoma City ThunderEdit
On August 30, 2016, Lauvergne was traded to the Oklahoma City Thunder in exchange for two protected 2017 second round draft picks. On February 3, 2017, he scored a season-high 16 points in a 114–102 win over the Memphis Grizzlies.
San Antonio SpursEdit
On July 18, 2017, Lauvergne signed with the San Antonio Spurs. On February 13, 2018, he scored a career-high 26 points to go with a season-high 11 rebounds in a 117–109 loss to the Denver Nuggets.
On July 4, 2018, Lauvergne signed a two-year deal with the Turkish club Fenerbahçe. Lauvergne had 12 points on 4-from-7 shooting, along with 4 rebounds in his EuroLeague debut versus Gran Canaria. Over 22 EuroLeague games in 2018–19 season, he averaged 8.5 points, 3.6 rebounds and career-high 1.8 assists per game.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The EuroLeague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season. He also played in domestic competition, and regional competition if applicable.
|Led the league|
National team careerEdit
Lauvergne is a member of the senior men's French national basketball team. He won the gold medal with France at the EuroBasket 2013. The following summer, he won the bronze medal with France at the 2014 World Cup. His role in the team increased, and he averaged 9.2 points and 5.3 rebounds over nine tournament games.
|2014 World Cup||9||9.2||5.3||0.4|
|2016 Summer Olympics||5||9.4||3.6||0.6|
- "Nuggets Acquire F Darrell Arthur From Memphis Grizzlies". NBA.com. June 27, 2013. Retrieved April 14, 2014.
- "Elan Chalon waives Joffrey Lauvergne". Sportando. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "VALENCIA gets Lauvergne on short-term deal". eurocupbasketball.com. November 28, 2012. Archived from the original on January 7, 2013. Retrieved September 11, 2013.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "Lovernj novi crno-beli!". kkpartizan.rs (in Serbian). December 28, 2012. Archived from the original on December 31, 2012. Retrieved June 28, 2013.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- Sherman, Roger. "NBA Draft 2013: Denver Nuggets selects Joffrey Lauvergne with No. 55 pick". sbnation.com. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "Joffrey Lauvergne confirms he will stay with Partizan Belgrade". Sportando. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- Dempsey, Christopher. "Nuggets have rising prospect in Europe's Joffrey Lauvergne". The Denver Post. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "Lovernj novi kapiten Partizana". b92.net (in Serbian). Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- Gancedo, Javier. "Joffrey Lauvergne, Partizan NIS Belgrade". Euroleague.net. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Joffrey Lauvergne 2013-2014 Statistics". Euroleague.net. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "The ideal five of the 2013/14 season selected". abaliga.com. Archived from the original on 21 April 2014. Retrieved 21 April 2014.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "ABA: 'Večiti' i Šarić u timu lige". b92.net (in Serbian). Retrieved 21 April 2014.
- "Ništa novo, Partizan je šampion!". b92.net (in Serbian). Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Žo: Dragi prijatelji, ovo pismo je za vas". kkpartizan.rs (in Serbian). Archived from the original on 28 June 2014. Retrieved 24 June 2014.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "Lovernj: Bio sam deo porodice". b92.net (in Serbian). Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- "JOFFREY LAUVERGNE JOINED BC KHIMKI". bckhimki.ru. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- "Lovernj ide u Himki!". B92.net (in Serbian). June 23, 2014. Retrieved June 23, 2014.
- "Lovernj dve godine u Himkiju, Partizanu obeštećenje 600.000 dolara". novosti.rs (in Serbian). Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- "MERCI, JOFFREY!". bckhimki.ru. 4 February 2015. Retrieved 12 February 2015.
- "Nuggets Sign Rookie Forward Joffrey Lauvergne". NBA.com. February 19, 2015. Retrieved February 19, 2015.
- Charania, Sham (February 11, 2015). "Joffrey Lauvergne Finalizing Two-Year Guaranteed Deal With Nuggets". RealGM.com. Retrieved February 21, 2016.
- "Westbrook leads Thunder past Nuggets without Durant". NBA.com. February 22, 2015. Retrieved February 22, 2015.
- "Cousin has 37 points, 20 rebounds in Kings' win over Nuggets". NBA.com. February 19, 2016. Retrieved February 21, 2016.
- "Thunder Acquires Joffrey Lauvergne". NBA.com. August 30, 2016. Retrieved August 30, 2016.
- "Westbrook's 38, triple-double lead Thunder past Grizzlies". ESPN.com. February 3, 2017. Retrieved February 4, 2017.
- "Bulls acquire Payne, Morrow, and Lauvergne from Thunder". NBA.com. February 23, 2017. Retrieved February 23, 2017.
- "SPURS SIGN JOFFREY LAUVERGNE". NBA.com. July 18, 2017. Retrieved July 18, 2017.
- "Jokic's triple-double leads Nuggets over Spurs, 117-109". ESPN.com. February 13, 2018. Retrieved February 14, 2018.
- "Joffrey Lauvergne joins Fenerbahce Dogus". fenerbahce.org. July 4, 2018. Retrieved July 16, 2018.
- "Joffrey Lauvergne - EuroBasket 2013". fiba.com. Retrieved 22 September 2014.
- "Joffrey LAUVERGNE - World Cup 2014". fiba.com. Retrieved 22 September 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Joffrey Lauvergne.|