Joel Wilson (umpire)
Joel Sheldon Wilson (born 30 December 1966) is an international cricket umpire from Trinidad and Tobago. Wilson is currently a member of the Elite Panel of ICC Umpires, representing the West Indies. He stands in matches of all the three formats of international cricket – Tests, One Day Internationals (ODIs) and Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is).
Wilson umpiring during the 2019 Ashes
|Full name||Joel Sheldon Wilson|
|Born||30 December 1966|
Siparia, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago
|Tests umpired||18 (2015–2020)|
|ODIs umpired||66 (2011–2020)|
|T20Is umpired||26 (2012–2018)|
Source: Cricinfo, 24 January 2020
Joel Wilson was one of the twenty umpires selected to stand in matches during the 2015 Cricket World Cup hosted by Australia and New Zealand. Wilson served as an on-field umpire in three matches in Australia during the tournament. A few months later, Wilson stood in his first Test match as an umpire in the match between Bangladesh and South Africa at Chittagong from 21–25 July 2015.
In April 2019, he was named as one of the sixteen umpires to stand in matches during the 2019 Cricket World Cup. In July 2019, Wilson was promoted to the Elite Panel of ICC Umpires following the retirement of Ian Gould and the exclusion of Sundaram Ravi.
- "Player profile: Joel Wilson from West Indies". CricketArchive. Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- "ICC names two new umpires in elite panel for 2019-20". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 30 July 2019.
- "ICC announces match officials for ICC Cricket World Cup 2015". ICC Cricket. 2 December 2014. Retrieved 12 February 2015.
- "South Africa tour of Bangladesh, 1st Test: Bangladesh v South Africa at Chittagong, Jul 21-25, 2015". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- "Match officials for ICC Men's Cricket World Cup 2019 announced". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 26 April 2019.
- "Umpire Ian Gould to retire after World Cup". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 26 April 2019.
- "Michael Gough, Joel Wilson added to ICC Elite umpires panel; S Ravi omitted". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 30 July 2019.