Joel Blum is an American stage actor.
Blum was born in San Francisco, California and attended the College of Marin, and joined the national touring company of Godspell at ACT in San Francisco.
Blum was nominated for the Tony Award for Best Featured Actor in a Musical twice. The first was in 1995 for his role as Frank in the Broadway revival of Show Boat. The second nomination was in 1997 for playing Buddy Becker in the original Broadway production of Steel Pier. He was also nominated for the 2004 Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Featured Actor in a Musical for his role in Golf: The Musical.
He appeared in the original production of 42nd Street on Broadway in 1980. Other Broadway roles include Stardust (1987), The Music Man (2000) and Debbie Reynolds On Broadway (1976). He played George in the second U.S. national tour of Billy Elliot the Musical, and Detective Marks/Man in the Off-Broadway musical Kid Victory (2017).
- Hodges, Linda. "BWW Interviews 'Billy Elliot' 's 'Coach' Joel Blum" broadwayworld.com, June 16, 2011
- Show Boat Playbill, retrieved October 24, 2017
- Steel Pier Playbill, retrieved October 24, 2017
- "Joel Blum Credits" Playbill, retrieved October 24, 2017
- "Joel Blum" Broadwayworld
- Golf: The Musical golfthemusical.com
- "Joel Blum" IBDB
- Kid Victory Vineyard Theatre
|This article about an American theatre actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|