|Full name||Joseph Scott Rankin-Costello|
|Date of birth||26 July 1999|
|Place of birth||England|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20:29, 3 October 2017 (UTC)|
Rankin-Costello kicked off his career with Manchester United academy before moving to the Blackburn Rovers academy in 2014. He cemented his position in the U18 and U23 teams and was also a part of the squad which reached the semi finals of the FA Youth Cup. In the 2016-17 season, he made 36 appearances the junior teams of the club. in January 2017, the 17 year old signed a professional contract with the first team, penning a deal which would keep him in the club till the summer of 2019. On 4 October, he made his senior debut against Bury where he came as a 57th minute substitute for Harrison Chapman.
- "EFL Released and Retained List 2015–16". English Football League. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- "Joe Rankin-Costello". 11v11.com. AFS Enterprises. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- "Three Academy graduates who could make their breakthrough for Rovers in League One next season". 4 October 2017. Lancashire Telegraph. 31 May 2017.
- "Promising youngster Joe Rankin-Costello signs first professional deal at Blackburn Rovers". Lancashire Telegraph. 27 January 2017. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
- "Blackburn Rovers vs Bury". Soccerway. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
- "Rovers 0 Bury 1". Lancashire Telegraph. 4 October 2017. Retrieved 4 October 2017.