Joe O'Connor (snooker player)
Paul Hunter Classic 2017
|Born||8 November 1995|
|Highest ranking||67 (July-August 2019)|
|67 (as of 12 August 2019)|
2019 World Championship (qualifying)
|Best ranking finish||Semi-final (2019 Welsh Open)|
He won four events on the 2017–18 English amateur tour.
Ahead of the 2018–19 season, he defeated Brandon Sargeant 4–1 and then Oliver Brown 4–0 to secure a two-year professional tour card for the first time at the 2018 EBSA Play-Offs at the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield.
In June 2018, he beat Andrew Norman 10–3 to become the English Amateur Champion before turning professional.
In February 2019 O'Connor defeated top 10 players Kyren Wilson, Ding Junhui and John Higgins en route to his first ranking event semi-final at the Welsh Open, eventually losing 2–6 to Stuart Bingham.
Performance and rankings timelineEdit
|Performance Table Legend|
|LQ||lost in the qualifying draw||#R||lost in the early rounds of the tournament
(WR = Wildcard round, RR = Round robin)
|QF||lost in the quarter-finals|
|SF||lost in the semi-finals||F||lost in the final||W||won the tournament|
|DNQ||did not qualify for the tournament||A||did not participate in the tournament||WD||withdrew from the tournament|
|NH / Not Held||means an event was not held.|
|NR / Non-Ranking Event||means an event is/was no longer a ranking event.|
|R / Ranking Event||means an event is/was a ranking event.|
|MR / Minor-Ranking Event||means an event is/was a minor-ranking event.|
- It shows the ranking at the beginning of the season.
- He was an amateur.
- New players on the Main Tour don't have a ranking.
- The event was called the Riga Open (2014/2015–2015/2016)
- The event was called the Haikou World Open (2013/2014)
- The event was called the Players Tour Championship Grand Finals (2011/2012–2012/2013) and the Players Championship Grand Final (2013/2014—2015/2016)
Amateur finals: 1 (1 title)Edit
|Outcome||No.||Year||Championship||Opponent in the final||Score|
|Winner||1.||2018||English Amateur Championship||Andrew Norman||10–3|
- "UK Snooker: Joe O'Connor to man up for crack at champion Neil Robertson". York Press.
- "Joe O'Connor awaits Mark Selby tie at UK Championship". 12 November 2015 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- "UK Championship 2014: Neil Robertson test excites O'Connor". 26 November 2014 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- "Reports from the English Amateur Tour 2017/18 – EASB". www.easb.co.uk.
- "Clarke and O'Connor Win EBSA Play-Offs - WPBSA". www.wpbsa.com.
- "Ranking History". Snooker.org. Retrieved 6 February 2011.