Joseph V. DiPenta (born February 25, 1979) is a former Canadian professional ice hockey defenceman currently serving as the Vice-President of Development for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada. DiPenta is a Christian.
February 25, 1979|
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||199 lb (90 kg; 14 st 3 lb)|
61st overall, 1998|
DiPenta was drafted 61st overall by the Florida Panthers in the 1998 NHL Entry Draft. DiPenta grew up in Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia. Former teams include the Halifax Mooseheads, Boston University, Philadelphia Phantoms, Chicago Wolves, Atlanta Thrashers, Manitoba Moose and Anaheim Ducks.
On July 11, 2009, DiPenta attempted a return to the NHL signing a one-year contract with the Buffalo Sabres.
|2005–06||Mighty Ducks of Anaheim||NHL||72||2||6||8||46||16||0||0||0||13|
Awards and honorsEdit
- June 27, 1998 — Drafted by the Florida Panthers in the third round, 61st overall.
- July 12, 2000 — Signed by the Philadelphia Flyers as a free agent.
- March 5, 2002 — Traded to the Atlanta Thrashers for Jarrod Skalde.
- August 19, 2004 — Signed by the Vancouver Canucks as a free agent.
- August 11, 2005 — Signed by the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim as a free agent.
- August 14, 2007 — Re-signed by the Anaheim Ducks as a free agent to a one-year contract.
- July 15, 2008 — Signed by Frölunda HC as a free agent.
- July 11, 2009 — Signed by the Buffalo Sabres as a free agent.