|Height||175 cm (5 ft 9 in)|
Life and careerEdit
In 1979, Pacuła graduated from the Aleksander Zelwerowicz State Theatre Academy. After graduation, she joined the Warsaw Dramatic Theatre, where she acted until 1981. She began her career playing in productions of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, Othello, and As You Like It. She also found work in a few films, including Krzysztof Zanussi's Camouflage (Barwy ochronne, (1977) and Sergiu Nicolaescu's Last Night of Love (Ultima noapte de dragoste, 1980) in Romania.
In 1981, Pacuła was in Paris when the communist authorities in Poland declared martial law. She did not return to her homeland, and in 1982 emigrated to the United States, where she specialized in playing European temptresses, since her feature debut opposite William Hurt in Gorky Park (1983). She was praised by Roman Polanski for that role. She played in numerous American TV series and movies, including the Holocaust drama Escape From Sobibor (CBS, 1987), The Kiss (1988), E.A.R.T.H. Force (CBS, 1990), and the TV series, The Colony (ABC, 1996). She also starred in Lewis Gilbert's Not Quite Jerusalem released in 1984.
She was featured in Marked for Death (1990) as an expert on Jamaican voodoo and gangs; in the Italian erotic thriller Husband and Lovers (1992) as a free-spirited adultress; Tombstone (1993) as Doc Holliday's lover, Kate (also known as Big Nose Kate and Mary Catherine Horoney, born 7 November 1850); in The Haunted Sea (1997); and in the film Virus (1999), playing a Russian scientist. She currently resides in Southern California.
- Pacula was chosen by People as one of its 50 Most Beautiful People in the world (1990).
- She was listed as one of 12 "Promising New Actors of 1984" in John Willis' Screen World, volume 36.
- Ultima noapte de dragoste (1980)
- Gorky Park (1983)
- Not Quite Paradise (1985)
- Escape from Sobibor (1987)
- Death Before Dishonor (1987)
- The Kiss (1988)
- Sweet Lies (1988)
- Breaking Point (1989)
- Marked for Death (1990)
- Husband and Lovers (1991)
- Black Ice (1992)
- Body Puzzle (1993)
- Tombstone (1993)
- Warlock: The Armageddon (1993)
- Silence of The Hams (1994)
- Deep Red (1994)
- Every Breath (1994)
- Not Like Us (1995)
- Heaven Before I Die (1997)
- En brazos de la mujer madura (1997)
- The White Raven (1998)
- Virus (1999)
- Dead Man's Gun (1999) TV series
- Dinocroc (2004)
- Moscow Heat (2004)
- The Cutter (2005)
- When Nietzsche Wept (2007)
- Monk (2008)
- Shannon's Rainbow (2009)
- Black Widow (2010)
- Shefy Gefen, Pearl (1984) "This Polish Actress turns Holiday into a Movie Career in the West", Montreal Gazette, 4 December 1984, p. E1
- "Joanna Pacuła zrobiła zbyt małą karierę, by zasłużyć na honorowe obywatelstwo Tomaszowa Lubelskiego?", pomorska.pl, 11 October 2010, retrieved 2011-07-30
- "Ultima noapte de dragoste (1979)". IMDb. 13 January 2013. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- Rosenberg, Howard (1987) "In the Spotlight", Los Angeles Times, 12 April 1987, p. 3 (TV section)
- Wuntch, Philip (1988) "Horror Role is a First for Polish Acretss Pacula", Dallas Morning News, 14 October 1988
- Harris, Mark (1990) "Marked For Death starring Steven Seagal And Joanna Pacula", straight.com, 18 October 1990, retrieved 2011-07-30
- "'Virus' is piece of garbage – even its big names stink", Deseret News, 17 January 1999