Joan Baldoví Roda (Valencian: [dʒuˈam baldoˈvi ˈrɔða]; born Sueca, Valencia, 7 August 1958) is a Coalició Compromís politician, who has represented Valencia Province in the Congress of Deputies since 2011.
Joan Baldoví Roda
Baldoví in 2013
|Member of the Congress of Deputies|
|Assumed office |
1 April 2011
Joan Baldoví Roda
7 August 1958
Sueca, Valencia, Spain
|Political party||Coalició Compromís|
Baldoví served as a local councillor for his hometown of Sueca for 14 years. He served as Mayor for the 2007 to 2011 term. He resigned from the council in January 2014, citing the difficulty of serving as a local and national politician simultaneously.
During his time in Congress, Baldoví attracted attention after removing his shirt and tie to reveal a t-shirt protesting against bankers. He called for changes in the electoral system to remove electoral thresholds, a Freedom of information act and conducted experiments in direct democracy.
- H. E. (31 March 2013). "Baldoví presenta las cuentas de Sueca y cumple con la Sindicatura seis años después". Las Provincias (in Spanish). Vocento. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- Sáez, Julián (7 June 2007). "Joan Baldoví (Bloc) se perfila como nuevo alcalde de Sueca". Las Provincias (in Spanish). Vocento. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- EFE (3 January 2014). "El diputado Joan Baldoví renuncia a su acta de concejal en Sueca". El Mundo (in Spanish). Sueca: Unidad Editorial Información General S.L.U. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- "El «striptease» de Baldoví en el Congreso". ABC (in Spanish). Vocento. 24 April 2013. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- "Compromís lanza el «referéndum Baldoví» para cambiar el sistema electoral". Levante-EMV (in Spanish). Prensa Ibérica. 28 October 2011. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- Hamilos, Paul (11 September 2013). "Meet Joan Baldoví, Spain's most direct democrat". The Guardian. Madrid: Guardian News & Media Limited. Retrieved 1 May 2019.