Official Parliamentary Portrait of Jo Platt
|Member of Parliament|
|Assumed office |
8 June 2017
|Preceded by||Andy Burnham|
|Shadow Minister for Cabinet Office|
|Assumed office |
10 July 2018
|Preceded by||Laura Smith|
|Parliamentary Private Secretary to Shadow Secretary of State for Education|
13 July 2017 – 10 July 2018
|Shadow Sec.||Angela Rayner|
|Wigan Metropolitan Borough Council Cabinet Portfolio Holder for Children and Young People|
June 2014 – June 2017
|Succeeded by||Jennifer Bullen|
|Councillor for Astley and Mosley Common Ward of the Metropolitan Borough of Wigan|
3 May 2012 – 5 September 2017
|Preceded by||Sean Ell|
|Succeeded by||Paula Wakefield|
Joanne Marie Platt
15 June 1973
|Political party||Labour Co-operative|
On 13 July 2017 she became Parliamentary Private Secretary to Angela Rayner  and she is also a Member of the Communities and Local Government Select Committee. On 10 July 2018 she became Shadow Minister for the Cabinet Office.
Platt was a councillor and was Portfolio holder for Children and Young People's Services on Wigan Council, until she became a Member of Parliament. She officially stepped down as borough councillor on 5 September 2017  and was succeeded on 19 October by fellow Labour and Co-operative candidate, Paula Wakefield. Platt was selected as the Labour Party candidate for the Leigh constituency in the 2017 general election. She won the seat with 26,347 votes or 56.2% of the total votes cast.
Following the General Election win, Platt was announced as Parliamentary Private Secretary to Angela Rayner, she held this role until 10 July 2018 where she was offered Shadow Minister for Cabinet Office.
Platt has two children.
- "Members' Names Data Platform query". UK Parliament. Retrieved 24 April 2019.
- "Leigh parliamentary constituency - Election 2017". BBC News. Retrieved 18 August 2018.
- "Jo Platt makes history becoming Leigh's first female MP". Lancashire Post. 9 June 2017. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- "Honoured to have been appointed PPS to the wonderful @AngelaRayner Proud to be a part of this great team. #StandingUpForEducation #Labour". Twitter. 13 July 2017. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Jo Platt MP". UK Parliament. Retrieved 7 January 2018.
- "Leigh MP stands down as borough councillor: Leigh". Wigan Today. Retrieved 5 September 2017.
- "Declaration of results: Election of a ward councillor for Astley Mosley Common" (PDF). Wigan Council. Retrieved 19 October 2017.
- "Election 2017: Leigh". BBC News. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- Mutch, James (28 April 2017). "Cllr Joanne Platt named as Labour candidate for Leigh's next MP". Leigh Journal. Retrieved 8 June 2017.
- Profile at Parliament of the United Kingdom
- Contributions in Parliament at Hansard 2010–present
- Voting record at Public Whip
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
| Member of Parliament
|This article about a Labour Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom (MP) representing an English constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom elected at the 2017 general election or a subsequent by-election is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|