JoJo's Circus is an American-Canadian stop-motion animated musical comedy series for preschool children. The series was created by Jim Jinkins, David Campbell, Lisa Jinkins, and Eric Weiner and produced by Cuppa Coffee Studios and Cartoon Pizza. The series is written by Douglas Wood, the creative executive for Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs and features songs with music by Jeffrey Zahn and Jim Latham and lyrics done by Judy Rothman. The theme song was performed by BECKY, and then later by Relient K for Disney Junior - Live on Stage!
The opening logo with JoJo (left) and her pet lion Goliath (right)
|Theme music composer|
|Opening theme||"Jojo's Circus" by BECKY|
|Country of origin|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||63|
|Running time||20 minutes|
|Distributor||Buena Vista Television|
|Original network||Playhouse Disney|
|Original release||September 20, 2003 –|
February 14, 2007
The show aired in reruns on Disney Junior from 2012 to 2014.
The series is set in Circus Town, a self-sufficient city whose cultural center is the "Big Top" tent. The story focuses on JoJo Tickle, a 6 year old girl clown, and Goliath, JoJo's pet lion. She and Goliath learned at the Little Big Top Circus School, where all young soon-to-be circus performers learn under their teacher Mrs. Kersplatski. Along with her friends, JoJo explores and learns while dealing with challenging situations.
JoJo's Circus relies on repetition in its structure. Each segment always begins with JoJo searching for Goliath, who is always hiding. JoJo then is presented with the situation that will occupy the theme of the show. A song, usually about the resolution of the situation, is then performed by JoJo.
At the conclusion of each episode, a secondary character asks, "What did you learn today, JoJo?", and before she can reply, JoJo is whisked away for the finale, the "spotlight moment." JoJo is then placed on a makeshift stage with various cameramen, lighting grips, and producers running about, while the "Spotlight Moment" song plays, asking what she's learned, is sung and Jojo taps her foot along (in some episodes she also taps her hand on her leg). Subsequently, JoJo explains what she has learned in the course of the episode. * Note in " Nighty Night," in "Sleep-Over Surprises," and in "My Clowny Valentine," a special lullaby version of the "Spotlight Moment" song is performed appear Ollie Otter Puppet and Duckie's Mom Puppet in Baby Einstein: My First Signs 2007 DVD.
The show's voice directors are Kent Meridith (U.S.) and Debra Toffan (Canada).
- Joanna Claire "JoJo" Tickle (voiced by Madeleine Martin): JoJo, who is a 6-year-old active girl clown whose parents are famous circus clowns. She's kind-hearted, has a great sense of humor, boundless curiosity, and excitement about life.
- Goliath the Lion (voiced by Robert Norman Smith and Alan Ford), Goliath is JoJo's lion who attends school just like JoJo. He's also part of the Tickle family. Because of his playfulness, he hides from JoJo in the beginning of each episode. He is JoJo's best friend.
- Skeebo David Seltzer/Funnyshoes (voiced by Austin Di Iulio in season 1, and by Keeler Sandhaus in seasons 2-3): Skeebo, known as the class cowboy clown since he wears a floppy cowboy hat, a star badge on his vest and purple rectangle glasses and is JoJo's best friend, and attends school with her and the other circus kids. Skeebo's eager to make people laugh by making new jokes, slight gags, and tricks which sometimes fail to work. Since "Skeebo's Pet," He's had a pet dog named Harpo.
- Croaky Ann Frogini (voiced by Diana Peressini): Croaky, the great leaper of the group, met JoJo on the first day of school, when she realized she had different abilities and agreed to help each other learn different tricks.
- Trina Rose Tightrope (voiced by Tajja Isen): Trina is a ballet dancing, tightrope walker. She comes across as abrupt and snobbish on some reason, but apologizes for her mistakes when she becomes aware of them. She has a pet cat named Caterina.
- Mr. Tickle (voiced by David Sparrow in season 1, and by Noah Weisberg in seasons 2-3): Mr. Tickle — JoJo's father and Peaches's husband — is a jolly clown who often blasts off to work in a cannon.
- Miyoshi "Peaches" Tickle (voiced by Marnie McPhail in seasons 1–2, and by Shannon Perreault in season 3): Peaches is JoJo's mother and Mr. Tickle's wife. She is a tall, skinny clown who is full of sunshine and often makes goodies for her family and Circus Town residents. She's klutzy ilk, but a good juggler and sometimes catches fifteen objects in the air when she accidentally trips.
- Mrs. Karen Kersplatski (voiced by Jayne Eastwood) She's JoJo's teacher and the big top ringmaster. A warm and encouraging teacher with glasses, Mrs. Kersplatski gives the circus kids a strong sense of mastery and confidence, with her combination of hard work and play. In the second season, she married Mr. Muscles and became Maya's stepmother. She is very clumsy and after she trips, her catchphrase is "I'm OK!"
- Dinky Pachyderm (voiced by Julie Lemieux): Dinky is a sweet and frisky baby elephant. While Dinky may be clumsy and somewhat oafish, when he dances, he turns into "Mr. Graceful." His favorite game is "Hide and Seek".
- Tater Oliver Spudinski (voiced by Cole Caplan): Tater is one of the two kids in the Spudinski group. His sleepy potato kind seems to be the antithesis to the "get up and go" feel of the show, but sometimes he can't help but join in the fun. In the second season, he has a younger sister named Small Fry.
- Bal Boa (voiced by Julie Lemieux): Bal Boa is a sneaky contortionist snake with a talent for making number and letter shapes. Bal Boa also has a knack for troublemaking. He thinks it's fun to coax JoJo and others into doing what they are not supposed to do, and the kids are sometimes susceptible to Bal Boa charms. Bal Boa is also an expert on harvesting squirting flowers by doing a trance dance.
- Fellini and Federico Frogini (Fellini voiced by Neil Crone; Federico voiced by John Stocker): Also called the Flying Froginis, the two Italian-accented brothers are expert jumpers and trapeze artists. Fellini and Federico are uncle and father, respectively, to Croaky. (Note in the first episode of the series "Take A Bow" the closed captioning stated that they had a Russian accent).
- Mr. Aldeberto Muscles (voiced by Mark Consuelos in season 1, and by Erik Estrada in seasons 2–3): He's the circus strong man and a physical education instructor. He knows a lot of exercises that he teaches to those in Circus Town. He has a daughter named Maya and recently married Mrs. Kersplatski, but it's not known whether he was divorced or widowed. He also speaks in both English and Spanish.
- Maya Muscles (voiced by Phoebe McAuley): The daughter of Mr. Muscles and stepdaughter of Mrs. Kersplatski. She's fairly new to both Circus Town and JoJo's class. She has red hair, wears a tiara with a pair of antennae on them and can be shy at times but loves to get up and go. She is known by her nickname "Little Mouse" by her dad and her favorite "Happy Place" is a Daisy Patch.
- Dr. Seltzer/Funnyshoes (voiced by Kathy Greenwood): Skeebo's mother, she is Circus Town's only doctor and Fire Chief Seltzer's wife. Though she's not in many episodes, her most notable appearances are in the episodes, "A Case of the Sillies", and "Tickled Pink."
- Fire Chief Seltzer/Chief Funnyshoes aka Seltzy (voiced by Patrick McKenna): He's Skeebo's father and the chief of the local fire department in Circus Town. He's also the director of the Circus Town Clown Band.
- Mr. and Mrs. Spudinski (Mr. Spudinski voiced by Bruce Bayley Johnson; Mrs. Spudinski voiced by Julie Lemieux): Tater's parents, who have the same sleepy nature as he does. It's revealed in "The Thanksgiving Hip-Hooray Parade" episode that Tater calls his father "Daddy Spud", and in "Circus Town Makeover" Mrs. Spudinski's name is revealed as Ida and Mr Spudinski's name is revealed as Russ.
- Small Fry Spudinski (voiced by Julie Lemieux): Small Fry is Tater's baby sister and one of the two kids in the Spudinski clan. She first appeared in the episode, "Hi There, Small Fry!", and she also appeared again in another episode, "Circus Town Makeover".
- Mrs. Pachyderm (voiced by Judy Marshak): Dinky's mother – she's also been referred to as Mrs. Elephant.
- Babalulu (voiced by Kathy Brier): She's Circus Town's pretzel vendor and ice cream shop owner. JoJo and her friends sometimes visits her at the ice cream parlor for a treat. JoJo and her friends taught Babalulu how to make pretzel twists in the episode "A New Twist."
- Lotta Yucks: JoJo's great-grandmother and Peaches's grandmother who was a famous circus performer doing tightrope and comical pratfall acts.
- Jumberto the Jackrabbit (voiced by Jonathan Potts): Jumberto is a rabbit magician whose tricks rarely work.
- Jig, Jag and Jug: The three nephews of Jumberto who always cause mischief.
- Terrific the Tiger Tamer (voiced by Ed Saheley): Terrific is a famous tiger tamer in Circus Town. He has a tiger named Tippoo.
- Uncle Flippy (voiced by Tony Daniels): A farmer and JoJo's uncle, Uncle Flippy owns a farm on the outskirts of Circus Town. On the episode entitled "Uncle Flippy's Funny Farm," JoJo and her classmates help Uncle Flippy round up all the animals who escaped from the barn. Strangely, he has a pet tiger and two horses named Moe ( who acts in a proper manner) and Costello (who always loves to act silly). He is Peaches' brother.
- Super Duper Girl: JoJo's favorite TV superhero clown who motto is " Morning, Noon or Night I Always Fight for What's Right" while fighting "Big Meanies" who "Pick on" others.
- Baloney Balloony (voiced by Darren Frost): Known for making balloon animals, Baloney Balloony can make any animal shaped balloons with his hands. He has a grandson named Bailey.
- Cotton Andy (voiced by Paul Soles): Cotton Andy is a cotton candy vendor who own a cotton candy machine named "Whoopsabelle" and also officiated as Justice of the Peace for the marriage of Mrs Kersplatski and Mr Muscles in the wedding episode "A Circus Town Wedding."
- Bingo Bongo: A world's greatest traveling clown who travels via hot air balloon
- Charlie the Clown Baby: Charlie is one of JoJo's cousins who the Tickles sometimes babysit. He is the son of Peaches' sister.
- Granny and Grampy Tickle (Grampy Tickle voiced by Keith Knight – Young Grampy Tully voiced by Joshua Isen; Granny Tickle voiced by Kate Gallant): JoJo's maternal grandparents, Tully and Sadie Tickle were experts on clowning way before JoJo was born. Their famous act is the "Silly Shoe Shuffle," which Granny Tickle passed the act to both JoJo and Goliath.
- Terra Cotta (voiced by Kristen Bone): Terra Corta is the little clown girl who wears an oversize flower pot for a hat, and she bought JoJo's silly skates in the "Too Many Toys" episode.
- Mrs. Cotta: Terra Cotta's mom who wears a planter for a hat.
- Mr Postman: An octopus/polyp who is the Mail Carrier for Circus Town
- Mrs. Boa: Bal Boa's mother.
- Hogan the Hamster: One of the class pets who lives at the Little Big Top Clown School
- Cha Cha the Clown Crab: One of the class pets from the Little Big Top Clown School who JoJo takes care for the night.
- The Fire Clowns: The firefighting crew at the Circus Town firehouse under the command of Fire Chief Seltzer (Number 2 is a female clown who wears a purple hat wears a pink vest brown belt with gray boots; and Number 3 is a small clown with large eyeglasses yellow and purple hat with blue and pink vest with orange buttons, wearing brown belt with tools with gray boots) who carry JoJo off at the end of each episode and help build the makeshift stage for JoJo's "spotlight moment". They're also the resident orchestra for Circus Town's Big Top.
- King Regis and Queen Regina: JoJo's Royal Uncle (and brother of Mr. Tickle) and Aunt from Really Royal Land who are the Parents of Princess Josephina.
- Princess Josephina (voiced by Tajja Isen): She's JoJo's similar-looking royal cousin who lives in Really Royal Land. She has a pet lion named Hercules who looks just like Goliath. She appeared in the episode "Princess for a Day," where she and JoJo decide that it would be fun to trade places.
- Jibby Jabby-Jamboree aka Jibbs: The butler who serves the Royal Family of Really Royal Land.
- Miss Blathers: Princess Josephina's personal tutor on etiquette.
- Bailey Balloon (voiced by Matthew Josten): Baloney Ballooney's grandson. Bailey Ballooney normally attends Small Top Hills School and only visited JoJo's class on Valentine's Day. JoJo comes up with a special way to make him a valentine in the episode "My Clowny Valentine."
- Mr. Jing-A-Ling: The telephone at Fire Chief Seltzer's firehouse where Fire Chief Selzer receives their emergency calls.
- Waldo the Seal: A baby seal who suffered from memory loss who JoJo helps to remember a musical piece before a major performance.
- Ivan: A famous circus bear from Circusylvania who only speaks Circusylvanian.
- Franco the Fantastic: A lion who is known as "The King of the Jungle" and "The Greatest Circus Lion of All Times".
- Alex: Skeebo's cousin who is deaf and speaks in sign language.
- Mr and Mrs Tightrope: Trina's parents Who are slightly uppity and snooty but very loving and kind.
- T.J.Freckles/ T.J. Hiccups: Skeebo's Ventriloquist puppet in which Skeebo uses in his act.
- Dr Longtall: The veterinarian who takes care of Goliath and the other sick animals at Circus Town.
- Miss Spritzy: The hairstylist who works at the Circus Town Hair Salon
- Chico The Mouse: The ringmaster of the Mouse Circus
- Grasshopper The Maginficent: The tightrope walker of the Mouse Circus
- Sasharoo: The wild animal trainer in the Mouse Circus who trains with a chipmunk.
- Professor Tick Tock: The watcher of the cuckoos of the Cuckoo Forest and provider of the cuckoo clocks for Circus Town.
- The Cricketeers (Hector, Gracie and Cody): A musical group formed of a family of crickets who comes to perform at Circus Town. Hector is the leader and his wife is Gracie and his son is Cody. Goliath has a crush with Gracie.
- Nosey Josie: The reporter for the Circus Town News Network who has a nose for news.
- Jumping Jack: The host of Circus Town Makeover and exercise/fitness guru
- The citizens of Sky Top: The villagers who live in the village of Sky Top who at once thought that Normus the Giant was a mean giant who once destroyed their village but discovered that Normus was very friendly.
- Normus: A Friendly Giant who live on top of the beanstalk who due to a misunderstanding by the townsfolk of the beanstalk village of Sky Top thought he was a mean giant who almost destroyed the town and had a slight fear of clowns.
- Cozy: Normus's pet chipmunk
Development and conceptEdit
The show stresses simple, everyday lessons such as playing with others, personal hygiene, responsibility, and safety. Also paramount is the show's focus on exercise: JoJo often asks for audience participation (such as clapping, jumping, and stretching) for the viewers. The series is animated in Claymation, which is a serious departure to Jinkin's previous animated works.
Each episode contains a short tune dealing with the topics of the episode. (Many of these songs can be found on three CDs: Songs from JoJo's Circus, Songs from Under the Big Top!, and Playhouse Disney: Imagine and Learn with Music.) The genres of the songs range from doo-wop to funk to rock to classic punk. Phrases like "stretch your arms" and "jump up high" are common lyrics. Most of the songs are educational — telling kids how to bow, stretch, greet people, wash their hair, and clean up after themselves — while a few are more entertaining, such as Cotton Candy Sure Is Sweet or The Gum Drop Song. The theme song of the show is performed by the band Becky.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||25||September 28, 2003||March 30, 2004|
|2||14||October 17, 2004||March 20, 2006|
|3||25||May 6, 2006||February 14, 2007|
Season 1 (2003–04)Edit
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|
|1||1||"Easy as Pie / Take a Bow"||John Schnall|
|Eric Weiner (Easy as Pie)|
Suzanne Collins (Take a Bow)
|September 28, 2003|
JoJo Tickle has finally attended her first day at the Little Big Top Clown School along with her pet lion Goliath. At Clown School, they both meet their new teacher, Mrs. Kersplatski and introduced her to her new classroom. But before she left, she told JoJo not to press the orange clown nose button of a UFO shape robotic machine and left. As curiosity gives in, JoJo pressed the orange clown nose button and hilarity ensures as the strange machine runs amok and starts to throw cream pies all over the room.
There's a new kid in class, a frog named Croaky Frogini and JoJo teaches Croaky how not to be nervous about the first day of class and how to do their best in class.
|2||2||"Uncle Flippy's Funny Farm / Up, Up and Away!"||John Schnall|
|Susan Kim (Uncle Flippy's Funny Farm)|
Jill Cozza (Up, Up and Away!)
|September 29, 2003|
JoJo and her friends go on a field trip to the farm, but hilarity ensues when JoJo accidentally left the barn doors.open and the animals are out of their pens running amok.
Baloney Balloony, the amazing grandmaster balloon clown, visits JoJo's school and makes balloons for the children that look just like them, but the kids must pop the balloons when Goliath floats to the ceiling with them.
|3||3||"Hide and Go Dinky / Fire Chief Says"||John Schnall|
|Eric Weiner (Hide and Go Dinky)|
James Ponti (Fire Chief Says)
|September 30, 2003|
Dinky wants to play Hide and Seek but JoJo and Skeebo rather play other games that are too hard for Dinky to play
JoJo and Goliath are with their classmates while waiting at Chief Seltzer's' fire station plays Fire Chief Says ( A type of game similar to Simon Says) but when they receive a call for a cat rescue JoJo and her classmates helps out by cleaning the fire truck while playing Fire Chief Says.
|4||4||"Confetti Caper / JoJo on the Tightrope"||John Schnall |
|Susan Kim (Confetti Caper)|
Frederick Stroppel (Jojo on the Tightrope)
|October 1, 2003|
A box of confetti goes missing and JoJo and her friends must locate the missing confetti before her parent's performance and discovers that the mice used the confetti to use for their circus posters.
JoJo tries to prove that she can be a tightrope walker just like Trina, but finds out that it is more difficult than she thought.
|5||5||"Try These on for Boing! / Happy Birthday Tater!"||John Schnall |
|Alan Goodman (Try These on for Boing)|
Suzanne Collins (Happy Birthday Tater!)
|October 2, 2003|
JoJo goes to the Clown Shoe Store to purchase a new pair of Clown Shoes after outgrowing her old shoes.
JoJo and her friends tries to wake Tater and his family in time for Tater's 5th birthday party celebration.
|6||6||"Cotton Andy / Nighty Night"||John Schnall |
|Frederick Stroppel (Cotton Andy)|
Lisa Jinkins (Nighty Night)
|October 3, 2003|
JoJo learns how to make cotton candy from Cotton Andy the Cotton Candy master but she forgets one of the steps on how to stop the machine and blankets Circus Town with cotton candy.
JoJo learns about different bedtime routines from her friends and must sing to Goliath when her father is at the Big Top Clown convention and can't sing her to sleep.
|7||7||"Seal Fright / Skeebo's Missing Hat Trick"||John Schnall |
|Robert David (Seal Fright)|
Frederick Stroppel (Skeebo's Missing Hat Trick)
|October 4, 2003|
JoJo helps Waldo the seal who is trying to memorize a musical number but can't remember the song that he's going to perform and teaches him a trick to improve her memory and not to be nervous when he's scheduled to fill in for an ailing performer.
Jumberto the Jackrabbit accidentally made Skeebo's hat disappeared so JoJo and Goliath have to help him find it before a big performance.
|8||8||"The Legend of Clownfoot"||John Schnall |
|James Ponti||October 5, 2003|
|On Halloween, JoJo and her friends get spooked out when they hear some scary noises, believing that it's a Bigfoot-like creature, Clownfoot.|
|9||9||"The Circus Shh Shh / The Little Big Top Boogie Band"||John Schnall |
|Richard Register/Michael Gans (The Circus Shh Shh)|
Dan Elish (The Little Top Boogie Band)
|October 6, 2003|
It's Play All Day Day at JoJo's house but JoJo's father is suffering from a bad case of the Sneaky Sneezies and had to stay home from work and rest but JoJo's friends have a hard time trying to keep quiet.
JoJo and her friends form a band, but Croaky feels left out because she can't find an instrument to play and her singing is bad, so JoJo tells her that her singing might still be good in the band even though it's bad and finds a way to include her in the band
|10||10||"Drum Roll Please / Cannonball JoJo"||John Schnall |
|Suzanne Collins (Drum Roll Please)|
Annie Evans (Cannonball JoJo)
|October 20, 2003|
JoJo accidentally breaks a bass drum before a performance and JoJo, Goliath and Skeebo tries to fix the bass drum before the Frogini's performance.
After seeing photos of her relatives being shot out of cannons, JoJo wonders what it would be like to shoot out from a cannon, but learns that it takes much practice to do it.
|11||11||"Flower Shower / The Itchy-Oochy Scratch Patch"||John Schnall |
|Suzanne Collins (Flower Shower)|
Frank Stroppel (The Itchy-Oochy Scratch Patch)
|October 27, 2003|
JoJo must replace her Dad's squirting flower after his old one loses its spray and learns how to pick one after witnessing Bal Boa's Trance Dance without getting soaked.
JoJo, Goliath, and Skeebo accidentally fall into a patch of Itchy Ootchy Scratch Plants and develop a nasty rash.
|12||12||"Messy Mess / Pop Up!"||John Schnall |
|Suzanne Collins (Messy Mess)|
Peter Mattei (Pop Up!)
|December 1, 2003|
JoJo, her friends and Mr Tickle make a huge banana split for Mrs. Kersplatski as a Teacher's Day surprise along with making a big mess in the process.
Skeebo develops an outbreak of the polka-dot spots (similar to Measles or Chicken Pox ) and has to stay home in bed (for two weeks) to recover so JoJo keeps him company with a toy jack-in-the-box.
|13||13||"The Watchamadoodle / What's the Trick?"||John Schnall |
|Robert David (The Watchamadoodle)|
Annie Evans (What's the Trick)
|December 2, 2003|
Bingo Bongo, a world-famous circus clown who travels around the world via hot air balloon, accidentally drops a tennis racket while searching for her map and when JoJo and her friends see it, they have no idea on what it is and try to figure out what it is.
JoJo after seeing Terrific the Tiger Tamer showing off some tricks with his tiger Tippoo, tries to teach Goliath to do the same but Goliath was too young to learn to do a type of trick that had that degree of difficulty.
|14||14||"Zero Heroes / The Spudinski's New Act"||John Schnall |
|James Ponti (Zero Heroes)|
Mary Gallagher (The Spudinski's New Act)
|December 3, 2003|
JoJo and Goliath attempt to learn some emergency practise skills from Chief Funnyshoes.
Mr. Spudinski shows JoJo and her classmates some new circus acts.
|15||15||"JoJo Signs Up / The Un-Average Day"||John Schnall |
|Susan Kim (JoJo Signs Up)|
Andy Yerkes (The Un-Average Day)
|December 4, 2003|
JoJo and Skeebo while helping Peaches hang up circus posters for her accidentally hang the posters backward and use their finger painting skills to create new ones.
JoJo spends time with her father for the day and discovers that she still can have a fun un-average day that a boring average day.
|16||16||"Mirror Mirror / Trina Trips Up"||John Schnall |
|Jill Cozza (Mirror Mirror)|
Claudia Silver (Trina Trips Up)
|December 5, 2003|
JoJo learns an old family tradition called "Mirroring" from her grandparents and teams up with Goliath to do the routine for class.
Trina learns that everyone makes mistakes sometimes after she trips during her tightrope act during a talent show at school and feels embarrassed.
|17||17||"Picnic / Dance"||John Schnall |
|Andy Yerkes (The Clown Family Picnic)|
Claudia Silver (Dinky's Dance)
|December 6, 2003|
Jojo and Skeebo have a little snit before the Clown Family Relay Race to see who would win but learns that winning isn't everything.
Dinky learns to dance for the upcoming dance recital but worries that his clumsiness will ruin the recital.
|18||18||"Hamster / Shoo Fly"||John Schnall |
|Susan Kim||December 7, 2003|
Hogan the hamster escapes from his cage and JoJo and Tater uses the exercises that they learned in class to rescue him.
A fly interrupts Mr. Tickle's concert but JoJo helps out by allowing the fly to co-conduct the orchestra with her father.Note: On Directv the title was incorrectly stated the episodes as "Hamster Size and Shoo Fly Fhoo!".
|19||19||"A Circus Town Christmas"||John Schnall |
|Mary Gallagher||December 7, 2003|
|Jojo and Skeebo learn the real importance of giving.|
|20||20||"Lost Roar / Helping Hands"||John Schnall |
|Annie Evans||March 22, 2004|
Goliath loses his voice before a big performance starring him, so JoJo and her friends fill in for him.
JoJo and Goliath need to pick gumdrops so JoJo's mother, Sarah can use them to make a Gumdrop Supremo for the Circus Town Feast and gets help by everyone in town.
|21||21||"Skeebo's Pet / Rainbow"||John Schnall |
|Mary Gallagher (Skeebo's Pet)|
Susan Kim (Follow That Rainbow)
|March 23, 2004|
Skeebo wants a puppy for a pet, but his parents want Skeebo to practice by taking care a toy duck named Quacky-Wacky before he can get a real pet.
JoJo and her friends follow a rainbow to find a special treasure but they need to get through a series of obstacles to get to the treasure.
|22||22||"A Case of the Sillies / Hide and Go-Liath"||John Schnall |
|Claudia Silver (A Case of the Sillies)|
Andy Yerkes (Hide and Go-Liath)
|March 24, 2004|
While at the big top, JoJo notices rather odd behavior among the circus performers. Everyone seems to be giggling and acting goofy, rather than working on their acts. When JoJo begins laughing like crazy too, it's a good thing that she's just caught up with Dr. Seltzer.
It's bath day for Goliath and, as is usual with him, he's hiding everywhere to avoid taking a bath. As he keeps slipping out of JoJo's grasp, it seems that JoJo's attempt to get him clean is just getting her dirty.
|23||23||"Funny Bunnies / Bearable"||John Schnall |
|Claudia Silver (Funny Bunnies)|
Andy Yerkes (Ivan the Bearable)
|March 25, 2004|
Jumberto Jackrabbit ask JoJo, Goliath.and Skeebo to babysit his nephews Jig, Jag and Jug while he goes to town to fix a magic wand that is not working properly but when the triplets wake up Kaos ensues and the threesome try to get them back in the basket before Jumberto returns.
Ivan a famous circus bear from Circusylvania arrives in Circus Town but left his luggage on the train but since Ivan could only speak Circusylvanian JoJo and her friends communicate with Ivan via pantomime.
|24||24||"JoJo to the Rescue / A Clown Ride"||John Schnall |
|Susan Kim (JoJo to the Rescue)|
Annie Evans (A Clown Ride)
|March 26, 2004|
JoJo pretends to be a superhero like Super Duper Girl and helps Dinky find his lost toy duck.
JoJo visits Uncle Flippy's farm to learn how to ride a horse with her dad but her dad rides a horse named Costello who act very, very silly instead of riding Moe who is Uncle Flippy's riding horse.
|25||25||"Charlie the Clown Baby / Fire House Day"||John Schnall |
|James Ponti (Charlie the Clown Baby)|
Claudia Silver (Fire House Day)
|March 30, 2004|
JoJo and her parents babysit her baby cousin Charlie, but it can be difficult for them.
JoJo and her friends learn about fire safety during Firehouse Days at the Circustown Firehouse.
Season 2 (2004–06)Edit
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|
|26||1||"Sleep-Over Surprises / How Does Your Garden Grow?"||John Schnall |
|Pammy Salmon (Sleep-Over Surprises)|
Jill Cozza (How Does Your Garden Grow?)
|October 17, 2004|
JoJo holds her first ever sleep-over at her house but Bal Boa feels a little homesick and is afraid of showing his stuffed animal (Stuffy Wuff) during the sleep-over but is surprised that everyone brought theirs to the sleep-over.
JoJo learns to plant her own garden by growing squirting flowers, and learns that it takes time and patience for them to grow.
|27||2||"Fit as a Tickle / Pedal Pushers"||John Schnall |
|James Ponti (Fit as a Tickle)|
Douglas Wood (Pedal Pushers)
|October 18, 2004|
After Mr. Tickle's cannon breaks down and missing the Circus Train, JoJo and Mr. Muscles start an exercise program for him to get him physically fit.
After missing the mailman while trying to mail invitation for Mr. Tickle's surprise party JoJo starts a bicycle delivery service with Skeebo, Fire Chief Seltzer and the Fire Clown band.
|28||3||"A New Twist / Lost and Found"||John Schnall |
|Cate Lieuwen (A New Twist)|
Douglas Wood (Lost and Found)
|October 19, 2004|
Babalulu the owner of the local ice cream parlor now has a job selling pretzels at the Big Top but she doesn't know how to twist pretzels so JoJo and her friends help out doing crazy twisted forms for Babalulu's pretzels.
JoJo accidentally leaves an old family heirloom a large clown nose which once belong to her maternal Great Grandmother Lotta Yucks (Peaches' s Grandmother) at Babalulu's ice cream parlor and must relocate it not knowing that the large red clown nose got mixed up with cherries at the ice cream parlor.
|29||4||"The Best Breakfast Ever / Popcorn Panic!"||John Schnall |
|Susan Kim||October 20, 2004|
JoJo and her father tries to make a special breakfast for Peaches for Sweet Peaches Day (a holiday like Mother's Day) but it goes awry
JoJo and her friends make crafts out of a type of popcorn that they thought was old and wouldn't pop but it's a special kind known as " Giggle Corn" that pops whenever they laugh.
|30||5||"Frown Fighters / Goliath the Great!"||John Schnall |
|Jill Cozza (Frown Fighters)|
Cate Lieuwen (Goliath the Great!)
|October 21, 2004|
While at the park practicing funny clown walks JoJo and her friends discovers a depressed Cotton Andy after his cotton candy making machine Whoopsabell breaks down and try to cheer him up exhibiting the funny clown walks that they learned in class.
Franco the Fantastic the King of the Jungle and greatest circus lion of all time visits the Big Top for a performance and Goliath feels a little jealous and envious about him and thinks that Franco was better than him but learns that being himself is just as good.
|31||6||"Hi There, Small Fry! / My Dinner with the Tightropes"||John Schnall |
|Susan Kim (Hi There, Small Fry!)|
Claudia Silver (My Dinner with the Tightropes)
|January 1, 2005|
JoJo and her friends meets Tater's new baby sister, Small Fry, for the first time but Tater gets jealous when SmallFry gets all the attention but learns that being a big brother is very important.
JoJo and her parents are invited to the Tightropes for dinner but has to act fancy but learns that the Tightropes rather have the Tickle family be funny than fancy and learn a few humorous tricks from the Tickles.
|32||7||"My Favorite Frogsitters / Night of the Teddy Bear Dance"||John Schnall |
|Susan Kim (My Favorite Frogsitters)|
Douglas Wood (Night of the Teddy Bear Dance)
|January 17, 2005|
The Froginis take care of JoJo and Goliath for the night while the Tickles celebrate their wedding anniversary.
JoJo and Goliath witness a special dance by the Teddy Bears while camping out with the Clown Scouts at the Funny Face National Park.
|33||8||"100 Days and Counting / Hoop Happy"||John Schnall |
|Douglas Wood (100 Days and Counting)|
Peggy Sarlin (Hoop Happy)
|February 6, 2005|
|34||9||"Charlie the Clown Baby Returns / Fishing Trip"||John Schnall |
|Claudia Silver/Douglas Wood (Charlie the Clown Baby Returns)|
Andy Yerkes (Fishing Trip)
|February 23, 2005|
JoJo, Goliath and her dad take Charlie to Uncle Flippy's Funny Farm for a.visit but chaos ensues when Charlie wanders off and discovers a whole new way to tour the farm
JoJo and her friends goes Clowny-fishing with her dad and Goliath accidentally unplugs the lake's plug and JoJo and her friends try to rescue the Clowny-fishes.
|35||10||"Goliath Gets a Boo Boo / Join the Club"||John Schnall |
|Annie Evans (Goliath Gets a Boo Boo)|
Pammy Salmon (Join the Club)
|March 4, 2005|
Goliath hurts himself while playing Follow the Leader by stepping on a splinter and JoJo and her mom takes him to see Dr. Longtall the veterinarian but Goliath felt a little nervous but JoJo discovers that others are also nervous as well and discover that laughter could stop their nervousness.
It's "Bring Your Kids To Circus Town Club " day at the Circus Town Club and JoJo and her friends decide create a club of their own but disagree on a Silly Secret Signal for the club but decide to combine all three into one code for their clubhouse.
|36||11||"The Mane Event / Stuck On You"||John Schnall |
|Becky Mode||March 20, 2005|
Goliath gets a mane-cut for the Big Whoop-De-Do celebration but has a difficult time selecting the perfect mane-cut for him.
Granny and Grampy Tickle comes for a visit and JoJo are planning a juggling act with 10 balls with little clown faces on them but need to paste 10 little noses but over do with the Super Duper Clown Paste and gets stuck with Goliath.
|37||12||"The Robot Clown / Mice-Capades"||John Schnall |
|Claudia Silver/Douglas Wood (The Robot Clown)|
Andy Yerkes (Mice-Capades)
|March 27, 2005|
Note: "Mice Capades" shares a title with an episode of The Fairly OddParents as well as the animated short featuring Herman and Katnip and another with M-G-M's Tom and Jerry. JoJo and her dad help Skeebo and his dad assemble a robotic clown for their new act but when both Mr. Tickle and Fire Chief Seltzer fail to read the instructions JoJo, Goliath, Skeebo and Harpo help them out.
When Chico the mouse loses some of the items he needs for the Mouse Circus after Fire Chief Seltzer accidentally vacuumed up the items. JoJo, Goliath and their friends find clever ways to use ordinary objects to replace the things Chico needs.
|38||13||"A Circus Town Wedding"||John Schnall |
|Susan Kim||June 30, 2005|
|When Mrs. Kersplatski announced that she and Mr. Aldeberto Muscles are getting married and becomes Maya's Stepmother, Maya fears that her dad won't be able to spend time with her anymore and runs away from home but learns that her dad loves her more than ever.|
|39||14||"Get Crabby / Bouncing Bowling Ball"||John Schnall |
|Annie Evans (Get Crabby)|
Susan Kim (Bouncing Bowling Ball)
|July 4, 2005|
JoJo looks after the class pet, a clown crab named Cha-Cha, for the night and teaches Cha-Cha about nose-honking but forgets to put the lid on his cage and must find him before going back to school.
JoJo, Skeebo and Croaky are in the finals of the Junior Bouncing Bowling Tournament and JoJo learns not to be nervous but accidentally tosses the bouncing bowling ball to bounce outside and having everyone chasing it down.
|40||15||"The Octopus Ride / Hiccup Helper"||John Schnall |
|Douglas Wood (The Octopus Ride)|
Annie Evans (Hiccup Helper)
|July 11, 2005|
JoJo, Goliath and her friends are ready to ride The Octopus at the annual Circus Town Carnival but Goliath and Dinky couldn't go the ride because they're too little but both Goliath and Dinky found a ride they could go on.
Skeebo gets the Hiccups and JoJo and her friends tries to help cure them
|41||16||"Follow that Monkey / X Marks The Spot"||John Schnall |
|Claudia Silver/Douglas Wood (Follow that Monkey)|
Andy Yerkes (X Marks the Spot)
|July 18, 2005|
JoJo, Trina and Skeebo play a game of "Monkey See, Monkey Do" after the monkeys who are part of Mr Tickle's new act escape from the Big Top and run loose into Trina's house causing chaotic mayhem in the process (Note: This was the only time the Monkeys took JoJo to the Spotlight instead of The Fire Clowns).
JoJo her friends go on a pirate treasure hunt after finding a map in a bottle finding clues along the way towards the treasure.
|42||17||"Happy Hoppy Day / Brushing Up"||John Schnall |
|Susan Kim||July 25, 2005|
JoJo and her classmates celebrate a new holiday that the Frogini Brothers brought over from the "Old Country" and learn about the traditions of Happy Hoppy Day.
JoJo, Croaky and Skeebo go to the Big Kid Toothbrush Tree to help Goliath get a new tooth brush and to the Big Kid Toothpaste Tree after Goliath outgrows his baby toothbrush and toothpaste and relearns how to brush his teeth.
|43||18||"The Cricketeers / Tickled Pink"||John Schnall |
|Douglas Wood (The Cricketeers)|
Susan Kim/Michael Cavanaugh (Tickled Pink)
|August 8, 2005|
A musical family band, The Cricketeers are coming to The Big Top for a concert but Hector gets separated from his wife, Gracie (whom Goliath had a crush with), and his son, Cody, so JoJo and her friends help out in finding them by making cricket chirps.
While at the Barbecue at The Seltzer's home, JoJo accidentally eats some merry berries, a summertime treat that she is allergic to, which causes her to turn pink and itchy and causes her nose to swell up and learn how some certain types of food allergies can be dangerous if not treated in time.
|44||19||"Practice Makes Perfect / Happy Not-Birthday Skeebo"||John Schnall |
|Douglas Wood (Practice Makes Perfect)|
Susan Kim (Happy Not-Birthday Skeebo)
|August 29, 2005|
JoJo accidentally break a toy calliope that she was going to give to Maya for her birthday but decides to perform "The Circus Song" on a real calliope for her birthday.
JoJo, Goliath and their friends decide to throw a surprise "not-birthday" party for Skeebo after he spent his birthday at his grandparents.
|45||20||"Best Pet in Circus Town / Picture Perfect"||John Schnall |
|Cate Lieuwen (Best Pet in Circus Town)|
Claudia Silver (Picture Perfect)
|September 26, 2005|
Terrific the Tiger Tamer arrives in Circus Town to judge a pet show (only open for dogs and cats) and JoJo helps Skeebo and Trina to train their pets.
It's Class Picture Day at the Circus Town Clown School but chaos erupts when Skeebo's pet rabbit wouldn't cooperate during the photo shoot.
|46||21||"Make it Snappy / Harpo Come Home"||John Schnall |
|Peggy Sarlin (Make it Snappy)|
John Schnall (Harpo Come Home)
|October 3, 2005|
JoJo and her friends make a batch of clownberry juice for the annual fundraiser for the school but as they rushed to make a next batch they forgot to add the clownberries.
While playing Whirling Whizmo (a type of Frisbee game) Skeebo's pet dog, Harpo disappears while chasing after a Clown Bird and JoJo, Goliath, Skeebo and their friends searches all over Circus Town for Harpo.
|47||22||"Circus Town Hoedown / Time Flies"||John Schnall |
|Mark Radice/Michael Cavanaugh (Circus Town Hoedown)|
Becky Mode (Time Flies)
|November 14, 2005|
Mr.Tickle brings home a Cuckoo Clock for JoJo from the Cuckoo Forest but it doesn't want to cuckoo and discovers that the little bird wasn't a real cuckoo and receives a real cuckoo in exchange.
|48||23||"The Thanksgiving Hip-Hooray Parade"||John Schnall |
|Douglas Wood||November 20, 2005|
|The Annual Thanksgiving Hip Hooray Parade is in jeopardy when Mrs. Kersplatski is hospitalized after breaking her elbow and Jo Jo and her friends bring the parade to Mrs Kersplatski and the patients at the Big Boo Boo Hospital.|
|49||24||"Quiet Magic / Too Many Toys"||John Schnall |
|Jill Cozza (Quiet Magic)|
James Ponti (Too Many Toys)
|December 5, 2005|
Skeebo brings his cousin Alex (who is hearing-impaired) to school for a mind reading act who uses sign language as part of the act and teaches JoJo and her friends how to uses sign language.
JoJo and her family have a yard sale and learns to depart with the toys that she has outgrown and doesn't play with anymore.
|50||25||"Ride 'em Goliath"||John Schnall |
|John Schnall & Annie Evans||January 6, 2006|
|Goliath is ready to ride the Wacky Cycle (Unicycle) without the training wheels but is afraid of falling off so JoJo teaches Goliath how to keep his balance on the Wacky Cycle.|
|51||26||"Chores Galore"||John Schnall |
|Cate Lieuwen & Samantha Kate||January 6, 2006|
|JoJo and Goliath helps out doing chores around the house with her parents but disaster happens when a box of laundry detergent falls into the washing machine and Uncle Flippy's Laffabilly Goat escapes from his pen and didn't realize later that everything did worked out after all.|
|52||27||"A Snowclown for Dinky / Skating Away"||John Schnall |
|Susan Kim||January 23, 2006|
it's a snow day in Circus Town but Dinky has the sniffles and couldn't come out and play in the snow so JoJo and her friends help build a snow clown for him and bring it to his house.
JoJo and Goliath goes ice skating with Trina and her mom but doesn't know how to skate so Trina teaches them how to ice skate but when Trina injures her knee on a twig sticking out of the pond, JoJo stakes her way to Mrs. Tightrope for help.
|53||28||"Simply Ear-Resistible"||John Schnall |
|Cate Lieuwen & Samantha Kate||March 20, 2006|
|JoJo created a pair of Really Silly Bunny Ears for the annual Springtime Celebration pageant at the Little Big Top Circus School but discovers that the others students are wearing regular plain store bought Bunny Ears for the pageant instead of making their own. JoJo later asks Jumberto Jackrabbit for help and learns that everyone can be different.|
Season 3 (2006–07)Edit
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|
|54||1||"Hula Is Cool-a"||John Schnall |
|Cate Lieuwen & Samantha Kate||May 6, 2006|
|JoJo returns to school from a fun Summer Vacation at Hula Bula but forgot the video tape that she was going to show to her class mates during Show and Tell.|
|55||2||"Stuck on You"||John Schnall |
|Cate Lieuwen & Samantha Kate||May 8, 2006|
|JoJo accidentally glues her hand and Goliath's paw together after overdoing with the Super Duper Clown Paste while trying to glue ten little clown noses on their clown face juggling balls.|
|56||3||"Silly Silly Putt-Putt"||John Schnall |
|John Schnall & Annie Evans||June 8, 2006|
|JoJo accidentally loses her father's prize trophy golf ball during a game of Silly Putt Putt.|
|57||4||"The Giggle Kite"||John Schnall |
|Cate Lieuwen & Samantha Kate||June 23, 2006|
|After her kite was accidentally torn JoJo received her dad a special kite that needs laughter to fly.|
|58||5||"Princess for a Day"||John Schnall |
|Peggy Sarlin||July 17, 2006|
|JoJo switches places for a day with her lookalike cousin, Princess Josephina, along with Goliath and Hercules. but soon she learns that being a princess isn't as fun as it looked and Princess Josephina learned that being a clown isn't as fun as it looked either.|
|59||6||"Pie in the Sky"||John Schnall |
|Douglas Wood||August 29, 2006|
|JoJo and her clown scout friends are going on a special camping trip to Uncle Flippy's farm to celebrate the first day of spring. The first day of spring is also the start of "cream pie in the sky" season, which is a lot like a meteor shower. But when thay find Uncle Flippy's farm has been "creamed". the next morning, JoJo gathers the entire town to help save the farm.|
|60||7||"My Granny's Shoes"||John Schnall |
|Claudia Silver, Douglas Wood & Andy Yerkes||September 10, 2006|
|As JoJo visit her grandparents to learn circus acts that her grandparents done in their youth for the annual "Pass It On" show in the Big Top, but she notice that her granny is having problems remembering things so JoJo helps her remember things along with the Tickles inviting Grampy and Granny to stay with them.|
|61||8||"JoJo and the Beanstalk"||John Schnall |
|Cate Lieuwen & Samantha Kate||November 20, 2006|
|A parody on "Jack and The Beanstalk" has JoJo and her friends on an adventure climbing up a beanstalk that they grew with some magic beans that were given to them by Jumberto Jackrabbit and helping a friendly giant named Normus (who at first was scared of JoJo and her friends) and his pet chipmunk Cozy and helps Normus win the annual Laughter In The Sky contest in the annual picnic and dispelling a rumor that he was a mean giant (which the townsfolk didn't realized that his laughter was too strong and loud and caused the destruction to their town) and helps saves the picnic by blowing away the storm clouds that threatened to ruin the picnic.|
|62||9||"Circus Town Makeover"||John Schnall |
|Douglas Wood||January 7, 2007|
JoJo and the Spudinskis appear on the television program "Circus Town Makeover" hosted by Jumping Jack as guests where JoJo discussed about how one day Spudinskis were stuck on the couch and the entire town tried to get them off the couch and how Jumping Jack came and help the Spudinskis to exercise and eat healthier and having them do a brand new act on television.Note: This was the only time that JoJo didn't do the "Spotlight Moment" sequence allowing the Spudinskis the honor of doing the "Spotlight Moment" instead.
|63||10||"My Clowny Valentine / Hop Hooey!"||John Schnall |
|Douglas Wood||February 14, 2007|
|JoJo learns how to make a valentine for a friend who is far away / JoJo learns how to calm down during frustrating situations and learns a new game that Croaky calls Hop Hooey.|