Jinko Solar(NYSE: JKS) is currently the world's largest solar panel manufacturer, shipping 11.4 GW of modules in 2018. Headquartered in Shanghai, China, the company started out as a wafer manufacturer in 2006 and went public on the New York Stock Exchange in 2010. The company shipped 11.4 GW of modules in 2018.
|Traded as||NYSE: JKS|
|Xiande Li (chairman of the board of directors), Kangping Chen (CEO)|
|Revenue||US$3.64 billion (2018)|
|US$93.8 million (2018)|
Number of employees
JinkoSolar distributes its solar products and sells its solutions and services to a diversified international utility, commercial and residential customer base in China, the United States, Japan, Germany, the United Kingdom, Chile, South Africa, India, Mexico, Brazil, the United Arab Emirates, Italy, Spain, France, Belgium, and other countries and regions. JinkoSolar has built a vertically integrated solar product value chain, with an integrated annual capacity of 9 GW for silicon ingots and wafers, 5 GW for solar cells, and 9 GW for solar modules, as of June 30, 2018.
JinkoSolar has over 12,000 employees across its 6 productions facilities globally, with 15 oversea subsidiaries in Japan, Korea, Singapore, India, Turkey, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Australia and United Arab Emirates, and global sales teams in United Kingdom, Bulgaria, Greece, Romania, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Costa Rica, Colombia, Panama, and Argentina.
JinkoSolar is a member of the 'Silicon Module Super League’ (SMSL), a group of the biggest c-Si module suppliers in the solar PV industry today. The four other original members of the group are Canadian Solar, Hanwha Q CELLS, JA Solar, and Trina Solar.
Jinko Solar offers both polycrystalline and monocrystalline photovoltaic modules. In early 2016, the company introduced Eagle Black and Eagle Dual modules. The Eagle Black module is a nano-scale etched module that has high light-absorption rate of 99.7 percent, improved production when light hits at an angle during dawn and dusk and outperforms standard panels on cloudy days. The Eagle Dual is a dual-glass module that has low degradation rates and comes with a 30-year warranty. The company also offers 1,500 volt utility-scale modules.
JinkoSolar operates one of the industry’s largest R&D centers and UL certified module testing facilities with over 250 scientists and solar experts. JinkoSolar integrates advanced crystalline silicon solar PV technologies to optimize modules, resulting in more efficient, reliable, durable and cost effective PV energy solutions.
Now, JinkoSolar holds the world record for P-type Poly PERC and Mono PERC cell efficiency at 22.04% and 23.95% respectively. JinkoSolar also announced that the 60P version of its P-type PV module peak power broke the world record again with power exceeding 370w and the N-type PV module peak power reaching 378.6w.
The ultimate objective of Jinko Solar's R&D effort is to significantly reduce LCOE and increase efficiency, contributing to the growth and prosperity of solar to accelerate the realization of solar as the mainstream source of power in replacement of coal.
JinkoSolar believes that quality service is essential to raising customer satisfaction and loyalty, helping them retain existing partners, and to attract new customers. With dedicated and professional customer service teams in pre-sales, post-sales, technical services, and warranty claims, JinkoSolar is committed to providing top-notch service to their customers.
As the world's largest solar module manufacturer, Jinko Solar is committed to expanding their global worldwide production, logistics, sales, and service network in order to serve customers throughout the world. In more than 30 sites internationally, JinkoSolar has built expert teams with solar industry veterans to provide knowledgeable and responsive customer service in the local languages and time zones.
Corporate Social ResponsibilityEdit
Caring for the earth and future generations is an important and undisputable part of Jinko Solar's corporate social responsibility. Jinko Solar has combined the company's resources with its employees' love and wisdom to work together, show compassion, bring warmth and care.
For example, in 2017, JinkoSolar donated 620kW of high-efficient solar modules to GRID Alternatives. More recently, JinkoSolar donated 19.5 kW solar modules to Everybody Solar, a US non-profit organization. JinkoSolar's high-efficiency panels will help Everybody Solar provide solar systems to the headquarters of Committee on the Shelterless (COTS), which is expected to save the organization $8,000 annually on energy costs.
This is JinkoSolar's 3rd project with Everybody Solar this year. Jinko's goal is not just to help Everybody Solar fulfill its crowdfunding goals, but also to allow COTS to reinvest the savings in the homeless community. Everybody Solar, aiming to provide savings for struggling families and thousands of hours of hands-on solar job trainings.
- "JinkoSolar Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2018 Financial Results". JinkoSolar. Retrieved 26 March 2019.
- "About JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd". JinkoSolar.com. Retrieved 26 March 2019.
- "Top 10 solar module suppliers in 2018". pv-tech.org. Retrieved 26 March 2019.
- "Press Detail 11". www.jinkosolar.com. Retrieved 2018-07-20.
- "Jinko Solar | Your Best Supplier of Modules,Cells & Wafers". www.jinkosolar.com. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- "'Silicon Module Super League' big-six to reach 50% global market share in 2016". PV Tech. Retrieved 2018-07-20.
- "Press Detail 1118". www.jinkosolar.com. Retrieved 2018-07-20.
- "Press Detail 1115". www.jinkosolar.com. Retrieved 2018-07-20.
- "JinkoSolar Breaks Multiple World Records of Silicon Solar Cell and Module Technology | JinkoSolar". JinkoSolar. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- "JinkoSolar Breaks World Record for P-type Monocrystalline Cell Efficiency | JinkoSolar". JinkoSolar. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- "JinkoSolar Breaks World Records for both P-type and N-type PV Module Power | JinkoSolar". JinkoSolar. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- PVTech webinar on 'Minimizing LCOE and maximizing IRR with Jinko Solar new Cheetah series' Published 11 October 2018, accessed 11 October 2018
- PV Tech Webinar: Minimizing LCOE and maximizing IRR with Jinko Solar new Cheetah series' Jinko Solar EU. 4 October 2018. Features Andrea Viaro, EU Head of Technical Service from JinkoSolar, discussing the Half Cell Cheetah module and how the new module can minimize the LCOE and maximize the IRR of the plant. PVTech website. Published online 11 October 2018, accessed 11 October 2018
- "JinkoSolar to donate solar panels to support GRID Alternatives projects". www.solarpowerworldonline.com. Retrieved 2018-11-27.