JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. (NYSE: JKS) is currently the world's largest solar panel manufacturer, shipping 11.4 GW of modules in 2018. Headquartered in Shanghai, China, the company started out as a wafer manufacturer in 2006 and went public on the New York Stock Exchange in 2010.
|Traded as||NYSE: JKS|
|Xiande Li (Chairman), Kangping Chen (CEO)|
|Revenue||US$3.64 billion (2018)|
|US$93.8 million (2018)|
Number of employees
JinkoSolar distributes its solar products and sells to a utility, commercial and residential customer base in China, the United States, Japan, Germany, the United Kingdom, Chile, South Africa, India, Mexico, Brazil, the United Arab Emirates, Italy, Spain, France, Belgium, and other countries and regions. JinkoSolar has built a vertically integrated solar product value chain[clarification needed], with an integrated annual capacity of 9 GW for silicon ingots and wafers, 5 GW for solar cells, and 9 GW for solar modules, as of June 30, 2018.
JinkoSolar has over 13,500 employees across its 6 productions facilities globally, with 15 oversea subsidiaries in Japan, Korea, Singapore, India, Turkey, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Australia and United Arab Emirates, and global sales teams in United Kingdom, Bulgaria, Greece, Romania, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Costa Rica, Colombia, Panama, and Argentina.
JinkoSolar is a member of the 'Silicon Module Super League’ (SMSL), a group of the biggest c-Si module suppliers in the solar PV industry today. The four other original members of the group are Canadian Solar, Hanwha Q CELLS, JA Solar, and Trina Solar.
Jinko Solar offers both polycrystalline and monocrystalline photovoltaic modules. In early 2016, the company introduced Eagle Black and Eagle Dual modules. The Eagle Black module is a nano-scale etched module that has high light-absorption rate of 99.7 percent, improved production when light hits at an angle during dawn and dusk and outperforms standard panels on cloudy days. The Eagle Dual is a dual-glass module that has low degradation rates and comes with a 30-year warranty. The company also offers 1,500 volt utility-scale modules.
JinkoSolar operates one of the industry’s largest R&D centers and UL certified module testing facilities with over 250 scientists and solar experts.
Now, JinkoSolar holds the world record for P-type Poly PERC and Mono PERC cell efficiency at 22.04% and 23.95% respectively. JinkoSolar also announced that the 60P version of its P-type PV module peak power broke the world record again with power exceeding 370w and the N-type PV module peak power reaching 378.6w.
- "JinkoSolar Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2018 Financial Results". JinkoSolar. Retrieved 26 March 2019.
- "About JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd". JinkoSolar.com. Retrieved 1 October 2019.
- "Top 10 solar module suppliers in 2018". pv-tech.org. Retrieved 26 March 2019.
- "Press Detail 11". www.jinkosolar.com. Retrieved 2018-07-20.
- "Jinko Solar | Your Best Supplier of Modules,Cells & Wafers". www.jinkosolar.com. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- "'Silicon Module Super League' big-six to reach 50% global market share in 2016". PV Tech. Retrieved 2018-07-20.
- "Press Detail 1118". www.jinkosolar.com. Retrieved 2018-07-20.
- "Press Detail 1115". www.jinkosolar.com. Retrieved 2018-07-20.
- "JinkoSolar Breaks Multiple World Records of Silicon Solar Cell and Module Technology | JinkoSolar". JinkoSolar. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- "JinkoSolar Breaks World Record for P-type Monocrystalline Cell Efficiency | JinkoSolar". JinkoSolar. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- "JinkoSolar Breaks World Records for both P-type and N-type PV Module Power | JinkoSolar". JinkoSolar. Retrieved 2018-08-23.