Jinbei (Chinese: 金杯; pinyin: Jīnbēi; lit. 'Gold Cup') is an Chinese automobile marque owned by Renault Brilliance Jinbei Automotive Co., Ltd., a joint venture between Brilliance Auto (51%) and Renault (49%) established in December 2017 and based in Shenyang, Liaoning, China. Until 2017, the marque were owned by Shenyang Brilliance Jinbei Automotive, a Brilliance subsidiary[unreliable source?] also based in Shenyang.
|Product type||Automobile marque|
|Owner||Renault Brilliance Jinbei|
|Related brands||Huasong (sister brand)|
|Previous owners||Brilliance Auto (through Shenyang Brilliance Jinbei Automotive)|
The Jinbei marque was used and produced by listed company Shenyang Jinbei Automotive, which formed a joint venture with General Motors (GM), as well as Shenyang Jinbei Coach Manufacturing with Brilliance Auto, which later known as Shenyang Brilliance Jinbei. Shenyang Jinbei Automotive was acquired by FAW Group in 1995 but sold back to the local government of Shenyang in 2000. The joint venture with GM, is no longer in operation.
The listed company was acquired by Brilliance Auto Group, the parent company of the listed company Brilliance Auto in 2018.
Despite retaining the name "Jinbei", Shenyang Jinbei Automotive no longer produces automobile but automobile parts only. The Jinbei marque is mainly produced by Shenyang Brilliance Jinbei Automotive instead.
In December 2017, Brilliance Auto and Renault announced the latter would be acquiring a 49% of the marque's owner company Shenyang Brilliance Jinbei Automotive, which was later reincorporated as Renault Brilliance Jinbei. The transaction was completed in January 2018.
Jinbei's upmarket sister marque Huasong was launched in 2014.
Brilliance (through its subsidiary Shenyang Automotive) has manufactured and sold all of its minibuses under the Jinbei and Huasong marques in a variety of models based on the structure of the Toyota HiAce vans in China. The Group's principal minibus products are the deluxe minibus and the mid-priced minibus, targeting different market segments in the Chinese commercial and passenger car segments. The deluxe models and mid-priced models include the Granse, the Aurora and the Shuttler etc.
Shenyang Jinbei has produced the Jinbei Haise, also known as the "Haishi" (海狮), the Jinbei's version of the Toyota HiAce, and also produced the Granvia, locally called the "Geruisi" (阁瑞斯) (Jinbei Granse).
Chinese-built models are exported to numerous countries. One of their export markets is Chile, which started to receive them in 2008.
In 2018, Renault Brilliance Jinbei announced plans to launch up to seven light commercial vehicles and SUVs with Renault technology, under the Jinbei and Renault marques.
Production outside ChinaEdit
Units for the African market are manufactured by the Bavarian Auto Manufacturing Company, an Egyptian subsidiary of BMW, in the 6th of October City South west Cairo-Egypt. Available model is the Jinbei Cargo Van (de) which is available as an ambulance or police car also. It is assembled in the 1999 and 2003 generation versions.
Another manufacturer of Jinbei vehicles is IKK Ichigan, Inc. in Manila, Philippines which offers the assembled models Jinbei 2 Ton, Jinbei 3 Ton and Jinbei 3 Ton. The Haise and Granse models are imported by the company and are not listed in its official product lineup.
- Jinbei Konect (Guanjing)
- Jinbei Granse
- Jinbei Granse Classic
- Jinbei Haise MK5
- Jinbei Haise MK6
- Jinbei New Haise
- Jinbei Grand Haise
- Jinbei Haise X30L
- Jinbei Haise S
- Jinbei F50
- Jinbei S70 (Jinbei Tjatse S70)
- Jinbei Haishiwang
- Brilliance Jinbei Archived 2008-06-04 at the Wayback Machine
- 公司简介 [Company Profile] (in Chinese). 华晨鑫源. Retrieved November 21, 2020.
- 2019 年年度报告 [2019 Annual Report] (PDF) (Report) (in Chinese). Shenyang Jinbei Automotive. 2020. p. 45. Retrieved November 21, 2020.
- "Brands and products. Minibuses and MPVs". Brilliance Auto. Retrieved 2018-08-01.
- Harman, Alan (2017-12-21). "France's Renault, China's Brilliance Form LCV JV". Ward's. Retrieved 2018-08-01.
- "Jinbei: Nueva marca en Chile" [Jinbei: New marque in Chile]. Autocosmos (in Spanish). 2009-09-03. Retrieved 2019-08-25.
- "Renault Brilliance Jinbei to launch 7 new models, first SUV model images exposed". Automotive News Gasgoo. 2018-07-20. Retrieved 2018-08-01.
- "Commercial Cars". Brilliance-eg.com. Archived from the original on 2009-12-22. Retrieved 2010-07-25.
- "IKK Ichigan, Inc. - Jinbei Trucks". Jinbeiphils.com. Archived from the original on 2010-09-27. Retrieved 2010-07-25.
- "Jinbei Auto Philippines". Jinbeiauto.com. Archived from the original on 2011-07-13. Retrieved 2010-07-25.