Jimmyjane is a privately held company that was in San Francisco, California then moved to Larkspur, CA which produces high-end, design-oriented sexual accessories including vibrators and sex toys. Ethan Imboden, the company’s founder and creative director, launched the company in 2003. In October 2014, Robert Rheaume became the president.
Jimmyjane's product collection ranges from lotions, games, blindfolds and massage candles to award-winning vibrators, which include flagship steel, gold and platinum models. The products are designed in-house, and have been recognized with AIGA, ID and IDSA design awards.
In 2009, Jimmyjane released the first vibrator in their Pleasure to the People series, a design collaboration between Founder, Ethan Imboden, and designer Yves Béhar. The first release in the series was the Form 2 Waterproof Rechargeable Vibrator, which was followed by Form 3, and Form 4 which completed the series after three years.
In May 2013, the vibrators were featured on the Rachael Ray show. In 2014, Imboden was a keynote speaker at the XBIZ adult entertainment industry convention in Los Angeles, in a speech about sex toys.
Over the course of 2015, Forms 1, 5 and 8 were released, as well as the LiveSexy line that are lower priced versions of the premium Form products.
- "Jimmyjane's Founder". Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Can a Better Vibrator Inspire an Age of Great American Sex? - The Atlantic". The Atlantic. 14 May 2012. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "GQ Magazine". GQ. Archived from the original on 13 September 2014. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- Pleasing the Masses The Verge, March 29, 2016
- "Gift Guide: Jimmyjane Form 6 Massager - TechCrunch". TechCrunch. 16 November 2012. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- W, Rachel. "Jimmyjane FORM 3 Wins IDEA Silver 2011". IDSA Award Winners. IDSA.org. Retrieved 6 March 2012.
- Walker, Alissa. "New vibrator from Yves Behar arouses our interest". Fast Company. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Rachael Ray Tries a Jimmyjane Sex Toy on National TV Showing Couples... -- SAN FRANCISCO, May 22, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ --". 22 May 2013. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Amazon Sells 60,000 Sex Toys and Related Products? Welcome to Sex 4.0 - Hedo Swing Lifestylers Blog". Hedo Swing Lifestylers Blog. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- Official website
- San Francisco Chronicle “The Pleasure Principle" 2/12/06
- San Francisco Chronicle "Jimmyjane: the Eco-Sexy Lifestyle" 4/16/09
- Interview with Jimmyjane founder Ethan Imboden
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|