Jimmy Napes is a London based Oscar, Golden Globe, Grammy and Ivor Novello winning songwriter and producer. Napes is best known for his work with Sam Smith (Stay With Me, Writing's On The Wall, Lay Me Down, Too Good At Goodbyes) Disclosure (Latch, You & Me, White Noise, Magnets) Clean Bandit (Rather Be). Napes also has songwriting and producer credits with artists including Alicia Keys, Rita Ora, Ellie Goulding, Mary J Blige, Lapsley, Jessie Ware, James Bay and more.
|Birth name||James Napier|
|Born||London, United Kingdom|
In 2010, he worked with Eliza Doolittle on her album of the same name. Since then, he has written for (and co-written with) several other artists, including Disclosure, Sam Smith, Clean Bandit and Mary J. Blige. In 2015, he earned a Grammy Award for Song of the Year for his work on Smith's "Stay with Me", co-written with Smith and Tourist. In the same year, Napes also won the Ivor Novello Award for Best Contemporary Song for co-writing Clean Bandit's "Rather Be".
Napes released his debut EP as a singer, The Making of Me, on Method Records in March 2015. For co-writing "Writing's on the Wall" with Sam Smith, Napes won the Golden Globe Award and the Academy Award for Best Original Song.
- The Making of Me (2015)
Songwriting and production creditsEdit
- Cliff, Aimee (29 October 2014). "Meet The Singer Who's Secretly Behind The UK's American Pop Takeover". The Fader. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- Donna King niography at donnakingdame.com, accessed 7 April 2018
- "SESAC's James Napier Named Billboard's No.1 Writer". SESAC. 13 November 2014. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- Jonze, Tim (8 February 2015). "Grammys 2015 – Sam Smith's Stay With Me wins song of the year". The Guardian. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- "Jimmy Napes shares title track from debut EP". DIY. Retrieved 8 March 2015.
|This article about an English musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|