Townsend in 1967.
(m. 1971; div. 1977)
(m. 19??; div. 19??)
Life and careerEdit
After co-starring with Nicol Williamson (in John Osborne's 1965 stageplay "Inadmissable Evidence") they were married between 1971 and 1977. Her son Luke Williamson was born in 1973, but in 1976 she and Nicol Williamson parted temporarily, after Townsend began a relationship with Alan Price, her co-star in Alfie Darling.
Townsend ended her acting career in 1985. She studied at the London School of Journalism and worked as a journalist for the Daily Mail, contributing a page for the financial section. She moved back to the United States in 1989.
She worked as a council trainer and facilitator at Crossroads School, Santa Monica, California and several others schools from 1989 to 1995.
She was on the Board of Directors at Leadership Directories, Inc. starting in 1993 but is no longer serving.
She is currently married to Bob Sorel.
|1967||The Spirit Is Willing||Jenny Pruitt / Priscilla Weems / Carol Weems|
|1975||Alfie Darling||Abby Summers|
|1976||The Seven-Per-Cent Solution||Mrs. Holmes|
|1980||The Awakening||Anne Corbeck|
|1966||Hawk||Belinda||"The Living End of Sisterbaby"|
|1967||The Girl from U.N.C.L.E.||Sherilee||"The Drublegratz Affair"|
|1967–68||Cimarron Strip||Dulcey Coopersmith||Main role|
|1969||The Wild Wild West||Sylvia Nolan||"The Night of the Sabatini Death"|
|1969||Bonanza||Abigail Hought||"Another Windmill to Go"|
|1969||The Name of the Game||Jackie Buchanan||"The Perfect Image"|
|1969||The Virginian||Roseanna||"Black Jade"|
|1970||Ironside||Betty||"Eden Is the Place We Leave"|
|1970||Family Affair||Anne Williams||"Angel in the Family"|
|1972||The Golden Bowl||Maggie Verver||TV miniseries|
|1972||The Gangster Show: The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui||Mrs. Dulfeet||TV film|
|1973||The Protectors||Monica Davies||"Wam: Parts 1 & 2"|
|1975||The Sweeney||Jenny Peters||"Ringer"|
|1985||Scarecrow and Mrs. King||"Ship of Spies"|
- "Robert Townsend, 77, Dies - Wrote 'Up the Organization' - NYTimes.com". nytimes.com. January 14, 1998. Retrieved January 18, 2015.
- People, April 5, 1976, Vol. 5, No. 13 Who's Afraid of Nicol Williamson? Everyone but His Spouse, Jill Townsend
- New York Magazine, dated June 14, 1976, p. 61, No Split Seen for Williamsons Online
- Winston Graham, Memoirs of a Private Man (Pan Macmillan, 2003). Accessed 7 January 2015
- "Jill Townsend-Sorel". councilofgrandmothers-ojai.org. Retrieved January 18, 2015.