Bandini (TV series)
Bandini (English: Captured Female) is an Indian soap opera produced by Ekta Kapoor of Balaji Telefilms. It starred Ronit Roy and Aasiya Kazi and was set against the backdrop of Gujarat in Dharampur a village near Surat in Gujarat. The show premiered on 19 January 2009 and ended on 29 January 2011 on NDTV Imagine.
|Creative director(s)||Sandip Sikcand|
|Opening theme||"Bandini" by Richa Tripathi|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||520|
|Running time||20 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Balaji Telefilms|
|Original network||Imagine TV|
|Original release||January 19, 2009 –|
January 29, 2011
Santu Waghela is a poor but spirited girl who lives in the village of Dharampur with her maternal grandfather, Madhav Solanki, an experienced diamond cutter working for the middle-aged diamond merchant Dharamraj Mahiyavanshi. As an incentive to his best worker, Dharamraj offers to arrange and sponsor Madhav's granddaughter's marriage. Hours before the wedding, the bridegroom backs out and Madhav's fellow workers get agitated. Dharamraj, a widower, comes forward to marry the bride, Santu. For Dharamraj, the decision to marry Santu is purely a business calculation for appeasing his workforce. Dharamraj is still in love with his dead wife Subhadra, who has left him with 5 children: Hiten, Kadambari a.k.a. Kaddu, Maulik, Birwa and Suraj. Once home, he ignores Santu and she is constantly abused by his older sister, Tarulata a.k.a. Taru. After a long time, however, Dharamraj and most of his family members accept Santu as a member of the Mahiyavanshi family. Dharamraj finds his long-lost son Arjan. But eventually, because of some misunderstandings and complications, Arjan assaults Dharamraj. Birwa, trying to save her father, accidentally kills Arjan. To save Birwa, Santu takes the blame for the murder and goes to jail.
After 10 years Santu returns from prison. The Mahiyavanshis don't want her. Everyone in the Mahiyavanshi house is pretending to live happily. But Santu forces her way into the house, takes charge and starts many quarrels among family members. This brings many hidden problems to light. Dharamraj has shut himself away in a room and stopped mixing with people. But Santu with her love and honesty once again wins Dharamraj's love and family gets reunited. A woman named Megha comes forward with her son, Vishal and she claims that Dharamraj is the father of this boy. To everyone's surprise, medical tests prove that Vishal is actually Dharamraj's son. However, Dharamraj denies having any relationship with Megha. Then Santu discovers that Vishal is her own son, who was born while she was in prison. Megha had stolen Vishal from the jail hospital and Santu had been told that the baby was dead. Santu and Dharamraj reunite. Vishal comes to stay with Dharamraj and Santu, but Megha kidnaps him again.
After 16 years, Dharamraj's grandchildren have grown up. Santu is still waiting for her son Vishal to come home. After an extensive search, Vishal is found. He seems to be a good person, but this is just a mask. Megha has poisoned his mind against the Mahiyavanshis. He wants to separate Dharamraj and Santu. Dharamraj and Hiten, on finding out the truth, chase Vishal out of the house. Santu is shocked and becomes ill. Dharamraj is forced to take Santu to Vishal's house. But Vishal is exposed. Disillusioned, Santu comes back to the Mahiyavanshi house. Then Megha reappears and uses Vishal to get back at the Mahiyavanshi family. Vishal forces Dharamraj and Santu to leave the house. They go and live in Mumbai, where Dharamraj starts a new diamond business. After some time, they return to Dharampur. Meanwhile, Vishal has changed for the better. He realizes that Megha has used him as a pawn. He apologizes to his parents. Santu and Dharamraj forgive Vishal when they see that his regret is genuine. Santu finds out that she is pregnant once again. The whole Mahiyavanshi family is happy together.
- Sameer Kakkar as Saurabh Bhai
- Tarla Joshi as Vasudha Ben
- Rasika Joshi as Tarulata Kanji Waghela
- Kunal Thakkur as Arjan Dharamraj Mahiyavanshi
- Leena Jumani as Khemi Arjan Mahiyavanshi
- Mrunal Jain as Hiten Dharamraj Mahiyavanshi
- Riddhi Nayak / Vibhuti Thakur as Toral Hiten Mahiyavanshi
- Shardul Pandit as Maulik Kanji Waghela
- Prerna Wanvari as Kadambari Shashank Mehta
- Bharat Chawda as Shashank Rasik Mehta
- Kimberly Jain / Hritu Dudani as Birwa Vanraj Gohli
- Jatin Shah as Sarang Vanraj Gohil
- Yash Dasgupta as Suraj Dharamraj Mahiyavanshi
- Ali Merchant / Shailesh Gulabani as Vishal Dharamraj Mahiyavanshi
- Monika Singh as Meghna Rasik Mehta
- Avinash Sahijwani as Rasik Mehta
- Surendra Rajan as Madhav Solanki
- Abigail Jain/ Akshita Rajput as Mongi Waghela
- Sarita Shivaskar as Champakali
- Prashant Narayanan as Kanji Waghela
- Chhavi Mittal as Subhadra Dharamraj Mahiyavanshi / Anamika Desai
- Firdaus Dadi as Megha Mehra
- Akshay Anand as Manish Sabharwal
- Sumeet Sachdev as Rudra
- Karan Sharma as Krishna Arjan Mahiyavanshi
- Mohit Raina as Rishabh Hiten Mahiyavanshi
- Yash Choudhary as Nakul Hiten Mahiyavanshi
- Ashish Kapoor as Vikram Suraj Mahiyavanshi
- Megha Israni asNandini Shashank Mehta
- Micckie Dudaaney as Danish Shashank Mehta
- Rithvik Dhanjani as Parth Shashank Mehta
- Jia Mustafa as Triveni Vishal Mahiyavanshi
- Dharmesh Vyas as Virat Sanghavi
- Maya Alagh as Surekha Virat Sanghavi
- Gaurav Nanda as Tehsildar
- Rajat Tokas as Lord Krishna
- "Bandini". sulekha.com. Archived from the original on 25 September 2013. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- "Ekta puts off plans to acquire stakes in Hindi GEC". Daily News and Analysis.
- "Ekta Kapoor's Bandini going off air". The Times of India.
- "Ronit Roy turns director". The Times of India.
- "Leena quits Bandini". The Times of India.