Jhenaidah (Bengali: ঝিনাইদহ pron: dʒʱinaid̪ɔɦo) is a district in the southwestern part of Bangladesh. It is a part of the Khulna Division. It has an area of 1964.77 km². It is bordered by the Kushtia District to the north, to the south by Jessore District and West Bengal (India), to the east by Rajbari District and Magura District and to the west by Chuadanga District and West Bengal (India) on the west.
From top:Payra chattar, Jhenaidah NunGola Masjid, Jhenaidah Golakata Mosque, Pir Pukur Masjid, Pathaghar Dhibi, Jor Bangla Masjid, Khorer Dhibi and Jhenaidah Textile Engineering College
Location of Jhenaidah in Bangladesh
|• Total||1,964.77 km2 (758.60 sq mi)|
|• Density||900/km2 (2,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+6 (BST)|
Annual average temperature: maximum 37.1 °C, minimum 11.2 °C; annual rainfall 1467 mm
According to the 2011 Bangladesh census, Jhenaidah District had a population of 1,771,304. Males constituted 50.04% of the population and females 49.96%. Muslims formed 90.39% of the population, Hindus 9.48%, Christians 0.06% and others 0.08%. Jhenaidah had a literacy rate of 48.4% for the population 7 years and above.
Deputy Commissioner (DC): Md. Zakir Hossain
Chairman of Zila Porishod: Kanak Kanti Das 
Mayor of Municipality: Saidul Karim Mintu
There are six upazilas under this district:
- Jhenaidah Cadet College
- Shishu Kunja School & College,Jhenidah
- Jhenaidah Government Boys High School
- Jhenaidah Government Girls' High School
- Govt. K.C. College, Jhenaidah
- Jhenaidah Kanchannagar Model High School and College
- Jhenaidah IHT
- Jhenaidah Technical School and College (JTSC)
- Maheshpur High School (MHS)
- Maheshpur Girls' School (MGS)
- Maheshpur Government Degree College
- Maheshpur Municipal Women's College
- Govt. Mahtab Uddin Degree College, Kaliganj
- Govt. Naldanga Bhushan Pilot secondary School,(Kaliganj)
- Jhenaidah Government Veterinary College
- Kotchandpur Govt. Model Pilot Secondary School
- Kotchandpur Secondary Girls' School
- Govt. K.M.H. College, Kotchandpur
- Chandpara Government Primary School
- Sheikh Kamal Textile Engineering College
- Jhenaidah Polytechnic Institute
The district is predominately Muslim, 89.6%. The next largest religion is Hinduism with 10.3%.
- Birshrestha Hamidur Rahman, National hero, a sepoy in Bangladesh Army during the Bangladesh Liberation War
- Abdul Hyee also known as Md.Abdul Hyee, a member of parliament, freedom fighter and commander during the Bangladesh Liberation War
- Jamal Nazrul Islam, a Bangladeshi mathematical physicist and cosmologist
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jhenaidah District.|
- "Jhenaidah (District (Zila))". Retrieved 2013-05-03.
- BM Rezaul Karim (2012). "Jhenaidah District". In Sirajul Islam and Ahmed A. Jamal. Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- "Bangladesh Population and Housing Census 2011: Zila Report – Jhenaidah" (PDF). Table P01 : Household and Population by Sex and Residence, Table P05 : Population by Religion, Age group and Residence, Table P09 : Literacy of Population 7 Years & Above by Religion, Sex and Residence. Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS), Ministry of Planning, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. Retrieved 17 December 2018.
- "মোঃ জাকির হোসেন" [Md. Zakir Hossain]. Jhenaidah District. Bangladesh National Portal.
- "জনপ্রতিনিধিদের তালিকা" [List of representatives]. Jhenaidah District. Bangladesh National Portal.