Jessica Mulroney (née Brownstein; born March 14, 1980) is a Canadian fashion stylist and marketing consultant, noted for her previous work with Kleinfeld Bridal (Hudson's Bay), past guest appearances on television shows Good Morning America and CityLine, and host of I Do, Redo. She is a Canadian fashion advocate and contributor to Sunwing's Wedding Vacations magazine.
Mulroney at a Canadian Film Centre gala in 2012
March 14, 1980
|Alma mater||McGill University|
|Relatives||John Brownstein (brother)|
Brian Mulroney (father-in-law)
Mila Mulroney (mother-in-law)
Caroline Mulroney (sister-in-law)
Mulroney was born Jessica Brownstein, the daughter of Veronica (née Coleman) and Stephen Brownstein. Her brother is Harvard professor John Brownstein. She is a descendant of the founders of Browns Shoes.
In November 2015, Mulroney styled ensembles for Sophie Grégoire Trudeau, the wife of Justin Trudeau, the Prime Minister of Canada (in an unofficial capacity); Mulroney and her husband Ben Mulroney are considered close to the couple and the Trudeau family.
In 2015, Mulroney assisted Meghan Markle in choosing a wedding dress for Markle's Suits character, Rachel Zane. In 2019, she styled Mindy Kaling for a number of appearances, including the Oscars red carpet. She was also a stylist for Shania Twain.
In 2014, Mulroney became a bridal consultant for the Hudson's Bay Company (Kleinfeld branch), which later expanded to include consulting, PR, social media, events, and serving as the acting spokesperson for their CORE Life brand, which launched in fall 2018. She made appearances on Breakfast Television Toronto and was a regular guest stylist for CityLine. In 2019, ABC signed Mulroney as a style contributor.
On June 10, 2020, Mulroney became the centre of controversy after Sasha Exeter, a black brand marketer/lifestyle influencer from Toronto, posted a video on Instagram stating that Mulroney had bullied and threatened to sue her after Exeter publicly called for social media influencers to use their platforms in support of black people; according to Exeter, Mulroney had taken this call as a personal attack. After Exeter's video gained significant attention, Mulroney lost her contracts with Hudson's Bay, ABC, Cityline and CTV (her CTV series I Do, Redo was cancelled). Following the incident, Mulroney's husband resigned from etalk on June 22.
Mulroney and sisters-in-laws Caroline, Katy and Vanessa Mulroney co-founded the charity The Shoebox Project for Shelters to assist homeless/at-risk women. In 2020 after controversy following her harassment of Sasha Exeter, Mulroney stepped down from her involvement of the project.
Brownstein married Ben Mulroney, the eldest son and second eldest child of Mila Mulroney and former Prime Minister of Canada Brian Mulroney, on October 30, 2008. The couple have three children: identical twins, Brian Gerald Alexander Mulroney and John Benedict Dimitri Mulroney (born August 12, 2010), and daughter Isabel Veronica Mulroney, known as "Ivy" (born June 12, 2013).
Mulroney is considered to be a close friend of the Duchess of Sussex, whom she met in 2011 while she was working in Toronto. In 2018, she and her husband attended the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, and their children participated as page boys and flower girl.
- "Hudson's Bay expands fashion expert Jessica Mulroney's role". bnnbloomberg.ca.
Madelyn Chung (November 6, 2015). "Sophie Grégoire-Trudeau Was Styled By Jessica Mulroney For The Swearing-In Ceremony". Huffington Post. Retrieved January 3, 2016.
As first revealed on CTV's etalk, Mrs. Grégoire-Trudeau was styled by none other than Jessica Mulroney, wife of etalk host (and yes, son of a former prime minister), Ben Mulroney. Jessica, who works with Hudson's Bay, dressed Sophie in a white baby alpaca coat from Sentaler and a black and navy dress from Quebecois designer, Erdem (a Kate Middleton-fave).
- Jeanne Beker (March 1, 2016). "Jessica Mulroney on pairing up with Sophie Grégoire-Trudeau to bolster Canadian fashion". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved March 9, 2016.
- "Jessica Mulroney". cityline.tv.
- "Jessica Mulroney: A passionate advocate for Canadian fashion". North Shore News. April 23, 2019.
- "Meet the Canadian stylist behind Meghan Markle's hottest looks". NY Post. December 3, 2017.
- "Wedding Vacations by Sunwing Reveals Why Saying 'I Do' Is Better Under the Sun". Drift Travel. 2019.
- "Meet the new Mulroneys" – via The Globe and Mail.
- "Donalda DOYLE-COLEMAN's Obituary on The Gazette". The Gazette. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- Giacomazzo, Bernadette (October 14, 2019). "Duchess Meghan Markle's BFF Jessica Mulroney Has A New Show On Netflix — All The Details!". Your Tango. Retrieved June 13, 2020.
Lora Grady (February 14, 2014). "Find out what Jessica Mulroney's guiltiest pleasure is". Chatelaine magazine. Retrieved January 3, 2016.
With all of the rubbernecking she and Ben inspire, you’d think Jessica might be more guarded about her home life. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. From her gig as TV spokesperson for Pampers to her role in marketing for the new bridal boutique at Hudson’s Bay, she’s become a bit of a social media whiz. Jessica shares photos of downtime with her family as well as glamorous nights out with her husband on Instagram. Ben is on board too, tweeting the announcement of Isabel’s arrival an hour after her birth.
Rebecca Eckler (March 24, 2011). "Jessica Mulroney talks lingerie: The wife of TV personality Ben Mulroney has a new business venture". Macleans magazine. Retrieved January 3, 2016.
The former Jessica Brownstein, wife of TV personality Ben Mulroney and the daughter-in-law of former prime minister Brian Mulroney, has always been a player on the Canadian fashion scene, thanks to her natural beauty and unique style. But these days, working out of her house, her focus is on her new business, distributing high-end intimate apparel in Canada, while trying to spend as much time as possible with her twins.
- "Justin Trudeau weds". CBC News. May 30, 2005.
- SHEA, COURTNEY. "The Ben & Jess Show". Retrieved June 12, 2020.
- "Meghan Markle Says Yes To The Dress". Hello Canada Magazine. February 22, 2018.
- HATZITOLIOS, CHLOE. "Mindy Kaling's fire Oscars style is all thanks to Canadian stylist Jessica Mulroney". Retrieved June 12, 2020.
- "The Story Behind Shania Twain's Canadian Country Music Awards Looks". September 10, 2018. Retrieved June 16, 2020.
- "Hudson's Bay Expands Partnership with Stylist and Fashion Expert Jessica Mulroney". The Bay (Press release). 2019.
- "Jessica Mulroney's new fashion line goes back to basics". August 17, 2018.
- Shea, Courtney (July 5, 2017). "The Ben & Jess Show". Torontolife.com.
- Kosin, Julie (March 7, 2019). "Jessica Mulroney Is the Real Fashion Royalty". Harper's Bazaar.
- "Jessica Mulroney to help couples renew vows in wedding reality series for CTV". CTV News. October 10, 2019.
- ""When I Do needs a redo: Jessica Mulroney's new reality show on weddings"". Montreal Gazette. March 20, 2020.
- "Hot off the press: Wedding Vacations by Sunwing magazine". Retrieved June 17, 2020.
- "Hudson's Bay expands fashion expert Jessica Mulroney's role". May 10, 2018.
- "Jessica Mulroney Under Fire For 'White Privilege' Attacks On Black Influencer". huffingtonpost.ca. June 12, 2020.
- "Jessica Mulroney's TV show cancelled after host called out on 'textbook white privilege'". Global News. June 11, 2020.
- "Bell Media pulls Jessica Mulroney series after allegations she threatened career of Black influencer". June 12, 2020.
- "BRAUN: Who is Jessica Mulroney?". June 16, 2020.
- "Good Morning America Cuts Ties With Jessica Mulroney Over Alleged Social Media Threat To Black Influencer". June 12, 2020.
- "Jessica Mulroney Canceled by ABC, CTV Following Blogger's Accusations". June 11, 2020.
- "Ben Mulroney stepping down as anchor of 'etalk' in wake of scandal involving Jessica Mulroney". CP24. Canadian Press. June 22, 2020. Retrieved June 22, 2020.
- Donato, Al. "Jessica Mulroney Steps Down From Family Charity The Shoebox Project". Retrieved June 20, 2020.
- "Jessica Mulroney on pairing up with Sophie Grégoire-Trudeau to bolster Canadian fashion". March 1, 2016.
- "Jessica Mulroney : A passionate advocate for Canadian fashion". April 23, 2019.
- "Jessica Mulroney Is the Real Fashion Royalty". March 7, 2019.
- "Meghan Markle's Best Friend Jessica Mulroney Explains How The Duchess Saved A Fashion Brand". March 7, 2019.
- "Jessica Mulroney Wears a Canadian Designer to the Royal Wedding". May 19, 2019.
- "Meet the Canadian stylist behind Meghan Markle's hottest looks". March 3, 2017.
- "Meghan Markle's Best Fashion Moments". Retrieved June 17, 2020.
- "Ben and Jessica Mulroney welcome twin boys". CTVNews. Retrieved October 6, 2014.
- "Mulroney Baby Girl Arrives For Ben and Jessica", The Huffington Post Canada; retrieved June 18, 2013.
"Mulroneys embrace a laid-back lifestyle". Toronto Star. August 1, 2014. Retrieved January 3, 2016.
The pair met in Montreal as teenagers, married in 2008 and are parents of fraternal twin boys Brian Gerald Alexander and John Benedict Dimitri, who turn four later this month. Daughter Isabel Veronica “Ivy” is just a year old.
- Holt, Bethan (May 16, 2018). "Meet Jessica Mulroney, best friend to Meghan Markle and Canada's best-connected fashion power player". The Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- Mulroney children will join Princess Charlotte, Prince George as bridesmaids, page boys Retrieved May 16, 2018