Jessica Hausner (born 6 October 1972) is an Austrian film director and screenwriter. She received international attention in 2001 when her film Lovely Rita, a portrait of a young girl who feels confined by family constraints, was screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2001 Cannes Film Festival. Three years later she returned to Cannes with her film Hotel. Her 2014 film Amour Fou was selected to compete in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival.
Jessica Hausner at the 66th Venice International Film Festival
|Born||6 October 1972|
Jessica Hausner is the daughter of Viennese painter Rudolf Hausner, sister of costume designer Tanja Hausner and half sister of set designer and painter Xenia Hausner. She studied at Filmacademy Vienna. With fellow directors Barbara Albert and Antonin Svoboda and director of photography Martin Gschlacht, she founded the Viennese film production company coop99 in 1999. 2017 she was appointed a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
- "Festival de Cannes: Lovely Rita". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 22 October 2009.
- "Festival de Cannes: Hotel". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 1 December 2009.
- "2014 Official Selection". Cannes. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "Academy Invites Record 774 New Members: 39 Percent Female and 30 Percent People of Color". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2019-03-05.
- "24th Moscow International Film Festival (2002)". MIFF. Archived from the original on 28 March 2013. Retrieved 30 March 2013.
- "Un Certain Regard Jury 2016". Cannes Film Festival. 28 April 2016. Archived from the original on 1 May 2016. Retrieved 28 April 2016.