Jessica Burroughs (born November 22, 1993) is an American, former collegiate All-American, professional All-Star softball pitcher. She played college softball at Florida State, being named a four-time all-conference and back-to-back Pitcher of the Year in her last two seasons. She would help the Seminoles to a semifinal finish at the 2016 Women's College World Series. Burroughs was selected first overall by the USSSA Pride in the 2017 NPF Draft. She went on to play for and win consecutive titles with the Pride in 2018 and 2019. She later played in the inaugural season of the Athletes Unlimited Softball league in 2020.
|USSSA Pride – No. 16|
|Born: November 2, 1993|
Warner Robins, Georgia
|NCAA: 2013, for the Florida State Seminoles|
|NPF: 2017, for the USSSA Pride|
|Career highlights and awards|
Burroughs was born to parents Alesia Taylor and Joe Burroughs on November 22, 1993 in Warner Robins, Georgia. Burroughs attended Houston County High School where she lettered in softball four times. She graduated in 2012.
Burroughs signed to play college softball at Florida State Seminoles, although she redshirted in 2013. In 2014 and 2015, Burroughs was an effective backup to Lacey Waldrop, earning All-ACC second team honors in both seasons. Burroughs was named the ACC Pitcher of the Year in 2016, as well as a Third Team All-American. She was named ACC Pitcher of the Year again in 2017 and a First Team All-American.
- "2016 Louisville Slugger/NFCA Division I All-America Teams". NFCA.org. Retrieved 2021-01-29.
- "2017 Louisville Slugger/NFCA Division I All-America Teams". NFCA.org. Retrieved 2021-01-29.
- "2020 Florida State Softball" (PDF). Seminoles.com. Retrieved 2021-01-29.
- "2020 ACC Softball Annual Champions & Composite Records" (PDF). Theacc.com. Retrieved 2021-01-29.
- "FSU WCWS Stats". Ncaa.org. Retrieved 2021-01-29.
- "Jessica Burroughs". Seminoles.com. Retrieved 2021-01-29.
- Nick Forrester (24 April 2017). "Jessica Burroughs drafted No. 1 overall by USSSA Pride in National Pro Fastpitch draft". Excelle Sports. Retrieved 25 April 2017.