This article includes a list of general references, but it remains largely unverified because it lacks sufficient corresponding inline citations. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In the mid-1970s he retired from acting and concentrated on screenwriting. With Trevor Ray, he co-authored the fondly-remembered children's science fiction horror serial Children of the Stones (1977). A novelization followed, also in 1977. A sequel novel, Return to the Stones appeared in 2012 as an e-book and in 2015 as a physical book. Ray and Burnham collaborated on a less well-known children's five episode serial entitled Raven (1977). They also wrote the novelization (1977).
Burnham authored the children's tennis-based novel Break Point, which was made into a BBC Television series in 1982: Burnham himself played the leading role of tennis coach Frank Abbott.
Selected acting creditsEdit
- The Birthday Present (1957)
- Yangtse Incident: The Story of H.M.S. Amethyst (1957)
- The Good Companions (1957)
- Bonjour Tristesse (1958)
- Law and Disorder (1958)
- Bachelor of Hearts (1958)
- Upstairs and Downstairs (1959)
- I Could Go On Singing (1963)
- Torpedo Bay (1963)
- The System (1964)
- The Brigand of Kandahar (1965)
- "Jeremy Burnham". BFI.
- "Jeremy Burnham | Theatricalia". theatricalia.com.
- "Jeremy Burnham". www.aveleyman.com.
- "BFI Screenonline: Children of the Stones (1977)". www.screenonline.org.uk.
- "Interview With Jeremy Burnham (Children Of The Stones, 1977)". March 2, 2015.
- "RAVEN - The Complete Series / Review".
- Fischer, Bob (September 22, 2020). "Musty Books: "Raven" by Jeremy Burnham & Trevor Ray (1977)".
- "Break Point (1982)". BFI.
- "Jeremy Burnham | TV, Documentary and Other Appearances". AllMovie.