The Jerash Festival for Culture and Arts is an annually-held event held in Jerash, Jordan. It is part of the Jordan Festival, that aims to enrich cultural activities in Jordan. Founded in 1981 by Queen Noor, it features several shows performed by Jordanian, Arab and foreign artists.
|Jerash Festival of Culture and Arts|
|Genre||Culture & Arts|
|Dates||22–30 July 2015|
|Patron(s)||Jerash Roman theaters|
In 2015, the festival hosted 40 different Jordanian artists in Jerash, along with popular Arab singers such as: Najwa Karam, Maya Diab and Wael Kfouri. The festival is hailed as one of the largest cultural activities in the region with millions of people going to see it. The 31st Jerash Festival for Culture and Arts in 2016 attracted over 100,000 visitors and the attendance rates were a lot than last year.
- "Thanks, Ramy Ayach! Jerash Festival attracts over 150K fans on its opening weekend". albawaba.com. 26 July 2015.
- "The stars come out for Jordan's Jerash Festival". albawaba.com. 16 July 2015.
- "Jerash Festival to start July 23". The Jordan Times. 1 June 2015.
- "29th Jerash festival opens – Women in Jordan". womeninjordan.org.
- "Jordan News Agency (Petra) -". petra.gov.jo. Archived from the original on 22 November 2016.
|This Jordan-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|