Jens Toller Rosenheim (born 1636 in Christiania, died in 1690 in Dublin), was a Norwegian nobleman, jurist and official.
Jens Toller Rosenheim
|Governor of Lister og Mandals amt|
|Governor of Nedenæs amt|
|Died||1690 (aged 53–54)|
|Alma mater||University of Copenhagen (1652)|
University of Leiden (1658)
Family and marriageEdit
Jens Toller was the son of Niels Toller (1592-1642), who was Mayor of Christiania (now Oslo) and one of the leading merchants in the city. His father had originally come from Haderslev. Upon his father's death, Jens and his brother Niels inherited a large fortune. Jens Toller attended the University of Copenhagen (1652) and the University of Leiden (1658). He married in 1666 Anne Hansdatter Lilienskiold (d. ca 1680), the daughter of Hans Hansen Lilienskiold (1610-1681) who was the Mayor of Bergen.
Jens Toller became lawyer in 1666. He was in 1676 ennobled under the surname Rosenheim. In 1679, he became the judge of the Supreme Court. In 1676 he became a deputy in the Danish Chancellery. In 1677, he became a county governor in Lister and Mandal county, a post he held until 1681. He also temporarily served as a stewart (acting governor) in the Christianssand stiftamt, a diocesan county in the absence of Ove Juul, the Governor-general of Norway. He also served as the County Governor of Nedenæs county from 1680-1681. Rosenheim was a diplomat to England from 1687-1688. Around 1689, he went to Ireland as the Supreme Commissary of War for the Danish troops. The troops were later given to King Wilhelm III of Orange in order to fight the forces of the expelled king, James II. Rosenheim died during his commission in Ireland.
Coat of armsEdit
Description: A shield of four fields, whereof the upper dexter and the lower sinister on white background have two crossing green rose stilks with red flower, and the others on yellow background have a black human head with a white headband. The same head is the crest.
- Danish nobility
- Norwegian nobility
- Jens Toller Rosenheim article in the Norwegian Wikipedia
- ^ "Jens Toller Rosenheim". lokalhistoriewiki.no. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- ^ Helland, Åmund (1904). Topografisk-statistisk beskrivelse over Nedenes amt (in Norwegian). Kristiania, Norge: H. Aschehoug & Co. Retrieved 7 November 2020.
- ^ "Niels Toller den eldre". lokalhistoriewiki.no. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- ^ "Anne Hansdatter Lillienskiold". lokalhistoriewiki.no. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- ^ "Hans Hansen Lillienskiold d.e." lokalhistoriewiki.no. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- ^ Carl Frederik Bricka. "Rosenheim, Jens, 1636-90, Amtmand, Overkrigskommissær". Dansk biografisk Lexikon. Retrieved 1 July 2017.