Jenny Taft (born September 5, 1987) is an American sports television personality, serving as the moderator on Fox Sports 1's Skip and Shannon: Undisputed. Taft additionally works as a lead college football sideline reporter on Fox Sports 1 (FS1) broadcasts. Her broadcasting career began with the Fox Sports North (FSN) regional affiliate. Taft is also a pit reporter for Battlebots on the Discovery channel.
|Occupation||Sports television personality|
|Skip and Shannon: Undisputed|
Matt Gilroy (m. 2015)
Jenny Taft was born on September 5, 1987 in Edina, Minnesota. She attended Edina High School. Taft then attended Boston University, where she played lacrosse. She majored in Broadcast Journalism and graduated with a bachelor's degree in 2010.
Fox Sports NorthEdit
Taft's broadcasting career began with Fox Sports in 2011. This early period of her career saw her fill a "Fox Sports Girl" role, as she served as a Fox Sports North sideline reporter for the Minnesota Lynx of the WNBA. During her time as an FSN Girl, she was also a social media contributor for Minnesota's Timberwolves, Twins, and Wild sports teams, as well as an in-stadium/arena host at Twins and Wild games.
Fox Sports 1Edit
In August 2013, she was promoted to join FS1's news and highlights update team. She served as a track reporter for a 2013 Supercross event, which was her debut assignment at FS1. She also served as a reporter for the U.S. women's national soccer team at the 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup.
Taft got her start in college football reporting in 2014, as part of FS1's game coverage. In 2017, Taft was elevated to lead college football sideline reporter, alongside play-by-play commentator Gus Johnson and analyst Joel Klatt. Her role at FS1 expanded considerably, as she has additionally covered the NFL, MLB, and the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show.
In 2018, she served as a fill-in host and moderator on various FS1 programs. That summer, it was announced that Taft would be succeeding Joy Taylor as the moderator of Skip and Shannon: Undisputed, hosted by Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharpe. Shortly after, on September 5, FS1 debuted CFB: Inside Slant, a weekly college football show hosted by Taft. Although taking on these new positions at FS1, she retained her college football sideline reporting duties for the 2018 season.
Taft is the daughter of John Taft, a former professional ice hockey defenseman and member of the United States men's national ice hockey team at the 1976 Winter Olympics. In 2015, Taft married Matt Gilroy, also an ice hockey defenseman.
- Michael Kosta (September 7, 2017). "Worst Birthday 103, Jenny Taft, September 5th". Worst Birthday (Podcast). Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- McGuire, Mary (March 2012). "Edina's Fox Sports North Girls". Edina. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- Griggs, Halley Quillinan (September 23, 2014). "Where Are They Now? Boston University's Jenny Taft". Inside Lacrosse. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- Fee, Gayle; Vanni, Olivia (August 19, 2013). "The Lowdown: Fox Sports 1, Jenny Taft, Regis Philbin and more…". Boston Herald. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- Maaglio, Tony; Maas, Jennifer (June 7, 2018). "Joy Taylor Leaves FS1's 'Skip and Shannon' for 'The Herd'; Jenny Taft Named New 'Undisputed' Moderator". TheWrap. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- "Sunday Q&A: FSN alum Jenny Taft is working World Cup". Star Tribune. June 6, 2015. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- Justin, Neal (August 29, 2013). "Lynx reporter gets big promotion". Star Tribune. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- "Jenny Taft to join FOX Sports Liveâ€™s news update team". Fox Sports North. Fox Sports. August 28, 2013. Retrieved February 4, 2019. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Jenny Taft | Fox Sports PressPass". Fox Sports PressPass. Fox Sports. Retrieved February 4, 2019. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- Pryor, Brooke (November 11, 2017). "Q&A with Fox sideline reporter Jenny Taft". NewsOK. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- McCarthy, Michael (June 7, 2018). "FS1 is bringing in Jenny Taft to moderate Skip Bayless, Shannon Sharpe on 'Undisputed'". Sporting News. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- Koster, Kyle (August 31, 2018). "Jenny Taft to Host Weekly College Football Show on FS1". The Big Lead. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- Allen, Matt (November 11, 2017). "Matt Gilroy, thriving in the KHL, now expected to become go-to player for U.S. Olympic team". USA Today. Retrieved February 4, 2019.