Jennifer "Jenny" Frost (born 22 February 1978) is an English former singer, television presenter and model. She was a member of girl group Precious before replacing Kerry Katona in the chart-topping band Atomic Kitten from 2001 until they split in 2004. Frost returned with the group in 2005, 2006, and 2008 for one-off appearances but chose not to return when the group were invited to appear on ITV2's The Big Reunion in 2012. Original member Katona was asked to come back, and she agreed. Frost presented makeunder show Snog Marry Avoid? from 2008 to 2011. In 2011 she co-presented OK! TV alongside Jeff Brazier.
Frost performing in 2005
|Birth name||Jennifer Frost|
|Born||22 February 1978|
Wallasey, Merseyside, England
|Labels||All Around The World|
Frost was born in Wallasey, Merseyside. and grew up in Manchester. She loved music from an early age. Her earliest concert experience was when her father took her to a Level 42 concert at the age of nine. Sport and dancing were Frost's favourite activities, however, modelling was her dream. After attending St Monica's High School she started to work for the BBC Television doing the Holiday programme and travelling around the world.
Precious and Atomic KittenEdit
Frost started her musical career in 1998 in the group Precious, who were the UK entry at the Eurovision Song Contest 1999, with the song "Say It Again". The song was a top 10 hit in the UK Singles Chart and came twelfth in the contest itself. Subsequent releases by Precious enjoyed only modest success, and their debut album failed to chart at all, ultimately leading the group to go their separate ways by the end of 2000. Frost moved on by replacing Kerry Katona in Atomic Kitten, a girl group founded by OMD frontman Andy McCluskey, in 2001. After the release of their third studio album, Atomic Kitten split in 2004 although reformed a year later in 2005 and again in 2008. On 4 March 2012 it was confirmed that Atomic Kitten would reform but was later confirmed that Frost would not be returning to the group and would be replaced by Kerry Katona. Hamilton has since confirmed that Frost would be welcomed back if she wanted to rejoin the group in the future.
After the split of Atomic Kitten, Frost embarked on a solo career and released her first single "Crash Landing" on 10 October 2005, which peaked at number 47 and thus failed to reach the Top 40. Frost originally recorded the song for the band Route 1, but decided to remake it and shoot a music video for the song which featured her in a spaceship in a pink/purple setting. In February 2009, Jenny Frost stated that she did not want to continue her work in music as a solo artist and she wanted to stay in the music industry only as a member of Atomic Kitten.
After Atomic Kitten's brief reunion in 2008, Frost stated she wanted to concentrate on a television presenting career. From July 2008, she has presented the very successful BBC Three programme Snog Marry Avoid?. The series returned to BBC Three in February 2009 for a second series and a third series in February 2010. A fourth series aired in early 2011. She competed in Channel 4's former reality series Famous and Fearless in January 2011. From 13–17 and 20 June 2011 she guest co-presented OK! TV on Channel 5, she became a permanent presenter on 15 August, the programme was later axed and last broadcast on 16 December. She appeared on ITV game show The Chase in 2011 and won £14,000 for her chosen charity. She has guest presented LIVE with... on Channel 5.
Frost is part of Storm Model Management and does various modelling assignments, for example being the body of Playboy's underwear range. She became the face for Nelsons (Homeopathy) Pure and Clear anti-blemish care products in January 2011.
Frost became engaged to DJ Dominic Thrupp in 2002. In September 2007, Frost confirmed on the television show Loose Women that she was pregnant. Her son, Caspar J. Thrupp, was born on 9 October 2007. The wedding was due to take place in January 2010 but was hastily cancelled following the death of Frost's mother Rita from lung cancer.[clarification needed] In August 2010, Frost confirmed that she had separated from Thrupp.
Frost's father lived in Spain until his death in September 2017. In August 2011, she married Spanish scuba diving school owner Vicente Juan Spiteri in Ibiza. Their twin daughters, Blake and Nico, were born on 20 January 2013.
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
(with Route 1)
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart or were not released in that territory.|
|"On Me Head Son"||2001||Sporting Les and Liz McClarnon||Mike Bassett: England Manager|
|"Here Kitty Kitty"||2005||Hell Razah||Black Presidents Mixtape Vol. 1|
|2005||I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!||Contestant||Season 5|
|2008–2011||Snog Marry Avoid?||Presenter|
|2012||The Wright Stuff||Presenter|
- Jonah Lomu and Kelly Holmes among stars taking part in Famous And Fearless live event show in Liverpool. Retrieved 8 March 2011
- Ex-Atomic Kitten Jenny Frost helps launch a make-up academy Archived 7 December 2010 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved 8 March 2011
- AskMen: Jenny Frost Archived 4 June 2007 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved 1 August 2006
- 2 Feb 2012, 10:35 GMT (2 February 2012). "Atomic Kitten planning reunion television show? – Music News". Digital Spy. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- "Atomic Kitten's Natasha Hamilton: 'Jenny Frost could return'". Digital Spy. 28 March 2013. Retrieved 29 March 2013.
- Redfern, Layne (19 October 2005). "Jenny Frost Sells Herself For £3,100". entertainmentwise.com. Archived from the original on 25 March 2012. Retrieved 20 August 2011. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 4 October 2013. Retrieved 2 October 2013. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help)CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Dunkerley, Jennifer (15 August 2011). "Jenny Frost exclusive: Meet hot new OK! TV host". Daily Star. United Kingdom. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- 'Channel 5 axes OKTV after ITN news deal' Digital Spy 2011
- Jenny Frost's official biography[dead link] (Retrieved 1 August 2006)
- FemaleFirst.co.uk Jenny Frosts Kotex advertising Campaign. Retrieved 24 August 2006
- . Retrieved 8 July 2011
- Sunday Magazine, 4 December 2005, page 25
- Kimberley Dadds (11 October 2007). "Jenny Frost gives birth to a boy". Digital Spy. Retrieved 11 October 2007.
- Sad Jen cancels dream wedding.[dead link] Retrieved 2 October 2010
- Jenny Frost splits from fiancé of eight years DJ Dom Thrupp. Retrieved 21 August 2010
- OK! TV, 17 June 2011
- Riley, Esme (16 August 2011). "WEDDING JOY! Jenny Frost marries Vicente Juan Spiteri in Ibiza". nowmagazine.co.uk. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- Collinson, Dawn (18 August 2011). "Former Atomic Kitten Jenny Frost flashes a whopping wedding ring as she launches OK! TV's Big Brother show". Liverpool Echo. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- "UK Singles Chart - Jenny Frost". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- "Official Scottish Singles Sales Chart Top 100 - 16 October 2005 - 22 October 2005". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- "Crash Landing". iTunes. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- "Mike Bassett: England Manager". Amazon. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- "Hell Razah - Black Presidents Mixtape Vol. 1". Discogs. Retrieved 7 June 2018.