Jenny Fähndrich (born April 25, 1989 in Carouge) is a Swiss professional BMX cyclist. She has claimed seven Swiss national championship titles in women's BMX category, and also represented her nation Switzerland, as a 19-year-old junior, at the 2008 Summer Olympics. Fahndrich has currently raced professionally for Bicicross Club Geneva under her personal and head coach Hervé Krebs.
|Full name||Jenny Fähndrich|
|Born||25 April 1989|
|Height||1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)|
|Weight||70 kg (154 lb)|
|Current team||BC Geneva|
|Discipline||Bicycle motocross (BMX)|
|Rider type||Off road|
Fahndrich qualified for the Swiss squad, as a lone female rider, in women's BMX cycling at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing by receiving an invitational berth from the Union Cycliste Internationale, based on her best performance at the UCI World Championships in Taiyuan, China. After she grabbed a ninth seed on the morning prelims with a time of 38.209, Fahndrich scored a total of 17 placing points to take the sixth spot in the semifinals, thus eliminating her from the tournament.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Jenny Fähndrich". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- Bornand, Pascal (2 August 2008). "Jenny Fähndrich bosse dur pour prolonger son rêve" [Jenny Fähndrich has been working hard to extend her dream] (in French). Tribune de Genève. Archived from the original on 29 October 2013. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- Marc, Clara (31 July 2008). "Les athlètes féminines suisses qui font les JO" [Swiss female athletes who will compete at the Olympics] (in French). Femina. Archived from the original on 29 October 2013. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- "Le cyclisme suisse lorgne les podiums olympiques" [Swiss cyclists are eyeing on the Olympic podium] (in French). 20 minutes (Switzerland). 30 July 2008. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- "Women's BMX Seeding". Beijing 2008. NBC Olympics. Archived from the original on 19 August 2012. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- "Women's BMX Semifinals Heat 1". Beijing 2008. NBC Olympics. Archived from the original on 19 August 2012. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- "JO: la longue attente des cavaliers, la déception en BMX" [Olympic Games: The long wait for riders, disappointment in BMX] (in French). Radio fréquence Jura. 22 August 2008. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
|This biographical article relating to Swiss cycling is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|