Teen Mom 2 is an American reality television series that premiered January 11, 2011, on MTV. It originally followed the lives of Jenelle Evans, Chelsea DeBoer, Kailyn Lowry, and Leah Messer from the second season of 16 and Pregnant as they navigate their first years of motherhood. The series also focuses on the themes of their changing relationships between family, friends, and boys, while highlighting the struggles of young mothers raising children.
|Teen Mom 2|
|Created by||Lauren Dolgen|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||10|
|No. of episodes||197 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Distributor||ViacomCBS Domestic Media Networks|
|Original release||January 11, 2011 –|
|Preceded by||Teen Mom|
|Followed by||Teen Mom 3|
|Related shows||16 and Pregnant|
In June 2017, it was announced that former Teen Mom 3 star Briana DeJesus would join the cast of Teen Mom 2. In May 2019, following Evans' firing from the show, it was announced that Teen Mom: Young and Pregnant star Jade Cline would join the cast. In October 2020, Chelsea Houska announced her departure from the series after 10 seasons. In December 2020, it was reported that Ashley Jones from Teen Mom: Young and Pregnant would be joining the show to replace Houska.
Jenelle Evans (from Oak Island, North Carolina) is the mother of Jace, but with her son's father out of the picture, Jenelle relied heavily on her mother Barbara, who currently has permanent custody of Jace, while Jenelle has limited visitation.
On December 4, 2012, Jenelle married Courtland Rogers. The couple got engaged in November 2012 and were expecting her second child. It was announced on January 25, 2013 that she and Courtland had split and that she had an abortion.
In June 2013, Jenelle started dating Nathan Griffith. Within months of dating they moved in together and she became pregnant with their first child. On December 14, 2013, Evans was arrested for disturbing the peace after an argument with Griffith. On June 29, 2014 she gave birth to her second child, son Kaiser Orion Griffith. In January 2015 Jenelle and Nathan got engaged, but they broke off the engagement that August. After their breakup, the former couple became engaged in a custody battle over Kaiser. In January 2017, Jenelle and Nathan reached a joint custody agreement in court.
In September 2015, Jenelle started dating David Eason, an alleged pipewelder she met on Tinder and they quickly moved in together. David had previously met Jenelle's ex-husband, Courtland Rogers, when they were cellmates in prison. David has two children from previous relationships: daughter Maryssa Rose and son Kaden David. Jenelle gave birth to their first child together, daughter Ensley Jolie Eason, on January 24, 2017. The couple got married on September 23, 2017. On October 13, 2018, police were called to Evans' house for a physical assault with Eason. According to Evans, Eason slammed her to the ground and sprained her collarbone. Evans went to the hospital following the incident. Evans claimed that Eason had been drinking which contributed to the assault. Evans decided to not press charges and no police report was filed. In April 2019, it was reported that Eason beat and shot Evans's dog, Nugget. As a result of the incident, MTV decided to forgo filming any future seasons with Jenelle.
Chelsea DeBoer (née Houska) (from Sioux Falls, South Dakota) is the mother of Aubree Skye Lind. Since giving birth to her first daughter, Chelsea's life has been consumed with taking care of herself and trying to make her tumultuous relationship with Aubree's father, Adam Lind, succeed. She obtained her GED after years of working towards it and has begun attending beauty school. During the sixth season, Chelsea was in a custody battle with Adam over Aubree. He wanted joint custody, while Chelsea wanted to keep the current custody arrangement. In March 2015, the court ruled in Chelsea's favor.
In late 2014, Chelsea met Cole DeBoer, introduced Cole in the season six premiere of Teen Mom 2 and eventually, they moved in together. The couple became engaged on November 18, 2015, and married on October 1, 2016. On January 25, 2017, Chelsea and Cole welcomed their first child, son Watson Cole DeBoer. On August 29, 2018 (her 27th birthday), Chelsea welcomed her third child, a girl named Layne Ettie DeBoer. On January 25, 2021, Chelsea gave birth to daughter Walker June.
In October 2020, Houska announced her departure from the series following the conclusion of the tenth season.
Kailyn Lowry (previously Marroquin) (from Whitehall Township, Pennsylvania) gave birth to her first child Isaac in 2010, but her relationship with Isaac's father, Jo Rivera, crumbled under the stress of balancing their lives and raising their child, and Kailyn moved out amidst their constant fighting. A romance with coworker Jordan got more serious as she turned to him for emotional support during the custody battle with Jo.
During season 4, Lowry developed a relationship with Javi Marroquin. The two got engaged after a few months of dating, and married on September 4, 2013. Kailyn gave birth to their first child, son Lincoln Marshall Marroquin, on November 16, 2013. The couple filed for divorce in December 2015.
On August 5, 2017, Lowry gave birth to her third son, Lux Russell Lowry. The father is her longtime friend Chris Lopez. Lowry's fourth child, Creed Romello Lopez, was born on July 30, 2020.
Leah Messer (previously Simms and Calvert) (from Elkview, West Virginia) is a former cheerleader and the teen mother of twins Aliannah "Ali" and Aleeah "Gracie". From a small town outside of Charleston, West Virginia. Leah and ex-husband Corey Simms eventually learn that Ali suffers from Titin muscular dystrophy.
In August 2011, Leah started dating Jeremy Calvert. They married on April 4, 2012, after eight months of dating, and had their first child, daughter Adalynn Faith "Addie" Calvert, on February 4, 2013. In April 2015, Jeremy filed for divorce from Leah after three years of marriage. On June 8, 2015, the couple finalized their divorce. Leah was given custody of Addie, while Jeremy received visitation rights.
Briana DeJesus (from Orlando, Florida) got pregnant by her ex-boyfriend, DeVoin Austin II. Her first daughter Nova Star DeJesus was born on September 10, 2011. Previously one-fourth of the cast for Teen Mom 3 and a participant on Family Therapy with Dr. Jenn, DeJesus' casting for Teen Mom 2 was announced on June 5, 2017. Briana gave birth to her second daughter, Stella Star, on July 2, 2017. The father is Luis Hernández.
Jade Cline (from Indianapolis, Indiana) is the mother of Kloie Kenna Austin. The father is her boyfriend Sean Austin. Previously part of the Teen Mom: Young and Pregnant cast, Cline's casting was confirmed in May 2019, replacing Jenelle Eason.
Ashley Jones (from Vallejo, California) is the mother of Holly Isabella Lockett who was born on September 15, 2017. The father is her ex-boyfriend, Bariki Smith. Previously part of the Teen Mom: Young and Pregnant cast, Jones' casting was announced in December 2020, replacing Chelsea DeBoer.
Timeline of cast membersEdit
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||12||January 11, 2011||March 29, 2011|
|2||12||December 6, 2011||February 14, 2012|
|3||13||November 12, 2012||February 4, 2013|
|4||12||February 18, 2013||April 29, 2013|
|5||25||13||January 21, 2014||April 13, 2014|
|12||July 16, 2014||October 1, 2014|
|6||12||July 9, 2015||September 24, 2015|
|7||24||12||March 21, 2016||June 6, 2016|
|12||January 2, 2017||March 13, 2017|
|8||31||18||July 17, 2017||November 6, 2017|
|13||May 7, 2018||July 30, 2018|
|9||30||18||January 14, 2019||May 13, 2019|
|12||September 10, 2019||November 26, 2019|
|10||30||18||September 1, 2020||December 29, 2020|
|12||May 4, 2021||July 22, 2021|
- Seidman, Robert (December 15, 2010). "MTV's 'Teen Mom 2' Premieres January 11th; Focuses on the Journeys of Four New Teen Moms". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on December 18, 2010.
- "EXCLUSIVE! Here's Who Will Be Replacing Jenelle Evans on 'Teen Mom 2'". The Ashley's Reality Roundup. May 8, 2019.
- Jordana Ossad (November 10, 2020). "Chelsea Houska is Leaving Teen Mom 2". MTV. Retrieved November 12, 2020.
- Jodi Guglielmi (December 4, 2020). "Young + Pregnant Star Ashley Jones Joins Cast of Teen Mom 2". People. Retrieved December 7, 2020.
- "Meet the Cast of Teen Mom 2!". Us Weekly. December 15, 2010. Retrieved December 22, 2010.
- "Jenelle". MTV.com. MTV Networks. Retrieved December 22, 2010.
- Brown, Brody; Real, Evan. "Teen Mom 2's Jenelle Evans Opens Up About Trying to Regain Custody of Jace: 'I'm Ready, I'm Prepared'". UsMagazine.com. Us Weekly. Retrieved December 22, 2016.
- Matthew Scott Donnelly. "Breaking News: Jenelle Rogers Is Pregnant With Her Second Child". MTV Remote Control Blog. Retrieved January 16, 2013.
- Toomey, Alyssa. "een Mom 2's Jenelle Evans Suffers Miscarriage, Receives Support from Ex Gary Head". E!. Retrieved January 26, 2013.
- Bentley, Jean (December 15, 2013). "Pregnant 'Teen Mom 2' star Jenelle Evans was arrested again". Zap2it. Retrieved December 15, 2013.
- Abbate, Emily (October 25, 2013). "Jenelle Evans Loving Gesture For Boyfriend Nathan Griffith Could Be One She'll Regret". The Stir. Retrieved November 25, 2013.
- McRady, Rachel (December 15, 2013). "Pregnant Jenelle Evans Arrested For Fight With Boyfriend". Us Weekly.
- McRady, Rachel (June 30, 2014). "Jenelle Evans of Teen Mom 2 Gives Birth to Second Son Kaiser With Ex-Fiancé Nathan Griffith". Us Weekly. Retrieved June 29, 2014.
- Reilly, Kaitlin. "Jenelle Evans & Nathan Griffith's Custody Battle Is Getting Uglier". Refinery29. Refinery 29, Inc. Retrieved December 22, 2016.
- Ossad, Jordana. "Can Jenelle and Nathan Stick To Their Teen Mom 2 Custody Agreement?". MTV News. Viacom International Inc. Retrieved January 12, 2017.
- McRady, Rachel. "Jenelle Evans Goes "Muddin" on a Date With New Boyfriend David Eason: See the Cute Pictures!". UsMagazine.com. Us Weekly. Retrieved December 22, 2016.
- King, Brittany. "Teen Mom 2's Jenelle Evans Welcomes Her Third Child, a Baby Girl!". People. Retrieved January 24, 2017.
- Lara, Maria Mercedes. "Teen Mom 2's Jenelle Evans Is Engaged — Check Out Her Ring". People. Retrieved February 12, 2017.
- "Jenelle Evans Accuses David Eason of Assault in Disturbing 911 Call". October 19, 2018.
- "Jenelle Evans' Husband David Eason Seeking Anger Management". TMZ. Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- Burroni, Christine; Hirsch, Chelsea (May 8, 2019). "MTV cuts ties with 'Teen Mom' star Jenelle Evans". Page Six. Retrieved May 8, 2019.
- "Chelsea". MTV.com. MTV Networks. Retrieved December 22, 2010.
- Schumann, Rebecka. "Chelsea Houska And Adam Lind's Custody Battle Ends With One 'Teen Mom 2' Star Behind Bars". International Business Times. Retrieved December 27, 2016.
- "Chelsea DeBoer on Instagram: "He's stuck now! 😍💍 @coledeboer"". Instagram. Archived from the original on 2021-12-26.
- "Chelsea DeBoer on Instagram: "Mr & Mrs DeBoer ❤️"". Instagram. Archived from the original on 2021-12-26.
- Petit, Stephanie. "Teen Mom 2 Star Chelsea Houska Gives Birth to Baby Boy, Meet Watson Cole!". People. Retrieved January 25, 2017.
- Hawks, Asa. "Cole and Chelsea DeBoer Welcome Daughter Layne Ettie on Chelsea's Birthday". starcasm.net. Starcasm. Retrieved September 23, 2018.
- Ossad, Jordana. "Chelsea Houska Welcomes Fourth Child". MTV News. Retrieved January 28, 2021.
- Webber, Stephanie (November 17, 2013). "Kailyn Lowry, Teen Mom 2 Star, Welcomes Baby Lincoln Marshall Marroquin With Husband Javi Marroquin". Us Weekly. Retrieved November 18, 2013.
- Brown, Laurel (November 17, 2013). "'Teen Mom 2's' Kailyn Lowry and Javi Marroquin welcome baby Lincoln". Zap2it. Retrieved November 18, 2013.
- Goeres, Kelsey (2019-06-24). "'Teen Mom 2': Kailyn Lowry On Her Divorce: 'Nobody Cheated'". Showbiz Cheat Sheet. Retrieved 2020-02-04.
- "Kailyn Lowry on Instagram: "Lux Russell, 08/05/17 💕 7 lbs 15 oz, 19 3/4" born at 3 am on the dot. It only took us 7 weeks to decide a name and 8 weeks to make it…"". Instagram.
- Adams, Char. "Teen Mom 2 Star Kailyn Lowry Welcomes Baby No. 3". People.com. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
- Jordana Ossad (August 3, 2020). "Kailyn Lowry Welcomes Fourth Son". MTV.
- Everett, Cristina (January 19, 2011). "'Teen Mom 2' star Leah Simms opens up about daughter's health concern: 'It's a hard topic'". Daily News. New York. Archived from the original on May 31, 2012.
- "EXCLUSIVE: 'Teen Mom 2' Star Leah Messer-Calvert Welcomes Baby No. 3". In Touch Weekly. Retrieved March 5, 2013.
- Miller, Shannon (April 7, 2012). "'Teen Mom' marries in Catlettsburg". The Daily Independent. Retrieved February 26, 2013.
- Chan, Anna. "Leah Messer and Jeremy Calvert of Teen Mom 2 Have Finalized Their Divorce". UsMagazine.com. Us Weekly. Retrieved December 22, 2016.
- Hearon, Sarah. "Meet 'Teen Mom 2' Star Leah Messer's New Older Boyfriend Jason Jordan". UsMagazine.com. UsWeekly. Retrieved 23 September 2018.
- "'Teen Mom 2' Star Leah Messer Confirms She Has a New Man — Meet Jason Jordan!". In Touch Weekly. American Media Inc. Retrieved 23 September 2018.
- "Teen Mom 3 Cast Announced: Meet the 16 and Pregnant Alums Joining the Franchise". EOnline. November 1, 2011. Retrieved November 1, 2012.
- Fernandez, Alexia (June 5, 2017). "Briana DeJesus Is Back for Teen Mom 2 — and Is Pregnant with Her Second Child!". People. United States. Retrieved June 5, 2017.
- "Teen Mom 2 Star Briana DeJesus Posts First Photo of Daughter Stella Star". people.com.
- "TEEN MOM Jade Cline Confirms New Split From Sean Austin, Family Restaurant Still A Go".