Jelastic is a cloud platform software vendor that provides Multi-Cloud PaaS (Platform as a Service) based on container technology for hosting service providers, ISVs, telecommunication companies, enterprises and developers. The platform is available as public cloud in more than 70 data centers worldwide, private cloud (virtual and on premise), hybrid and multi-cloud. Jelastic provides support of Java, PHP, Ruby, Node.js, Python, Go environments, custom Docker containers and Kubernetes clusters.
|Ruslan Synytskyy (CEO)|
|Services||PaaS, Cloud Hosting, Private Cloud, Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, Multicloud, Kubernetes, Docker (software)|
Jelastic's co-founder and current CEO is Ruslan Synytskyy.
In 2013-2015 the platform added support of PHP, Ruby, Python, Node.js, .NET and support of Docker containers. The latest runtime addition was in 2017 by integrating GoLang. In 2014, there was introduced private cloud solution, and in 2015 the platform could be already used as a hybrid and multi-cloud.
On June, 2013 Jelastic announced the hiring of Mark Zbikowski, a former Microsoft architect and contributor to MS-DOS, as a senior adviser. On July 2013, Rasmus Lerdorf, creator of PHP, joined Jelastic as a senior adviser.
Jelastic keeps working on improvement of Java technology and user experience, thereby in 2018 the platform proved its leading position in this direction getting Duke's Choice Award for the second time.
In March 2019, Jelastic added support of Kubernetes services offering pre-packaged clusters that can be installed and scaled automatically.
- Languages: Java, PHP, Ruby, Node.js, Python, .NET, Go
- Virtualization: Docker (software), Virtuozzo
- Load-Balancers: NGINX, Apache, HAProxy, Varnish, LiteSpeed
- Application Servers: Tomcat, LiteSpeed, GlassFish, Jetty, Payara, Apache, NGINX PHP, NGINX Ruby, SmartFoxServer, Railo, SpringBoot, TomEE, WildFly, JBoss
- Databases: MySQL, MariaDB, Percona, PostgreSQL, Redis, Neo4j, MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB, OrientDB
- VPS: CentOS, Ubuntu, Windows VPS
- Additional: Maven, Memcached, Storage
- Integrated IDEs: IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, NetBeans
The platform can be installed on bare metal or any IaaS as public cloud, VPC, private on-premise, hybrid or multi-cloud.
Jelastic PaaS can be installed and fully configured by Jelastic Ops team, or this can be performed automatically on top of Google Cloud, MS Azure and Digital Ocean, as well as on top of bare metal using an ISO image.
The platform configuration includes integration with billing systems like WHMCS, Odin System Automation, Cleverbridge or custom billing if required.
Jelastic provides pay-as-you-use pricing model within public cloud. Resources are charged on hourly base: RAM and CPU (cloudlet resource unit), Disk space, External traffic, Public IP and SSL. The price for each resource unit depends on the chosen hosting provider and can be estimated on a monthly, daily or hourly base within dev panel. Cloud hosting expenses can be tracked and optimized using built-in billing details for whole account or specific application.
Private cloud installation is charged monthly on a license base per physical server. There are two types of licensing - for installation with further self-administering and for installation with managed services.
Partnership with service providers is built on franchise model with revenue sharing.
Jelastic is installed by a wide range of hosting providers and telcos, among them are DataCenter Finland, Telecom Italia, eApps, infomaniak, PrimeTel, Layershift, Elastx, innofield, Aruba Cloud, Hidora, CloudJiffy and others.
Jelastic is used by system integrators and companies from different spheres (finance, software, sport, gaming etc.) like FA Solutions, The International Football Association Board, GMV, G5 Games, Miele, Philips Lighting and others.
- "Company page". Jelastic. Retrieved 2019-12-29.
- Adrian Bridgwater (October 5, 2011). "Jelastic Beta Deploys Java Apps in the Cloud". Dr. Dobb’s Journal. Archived from the original on September 1, 2015. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- Robert Lippert (October 10, 2011). "Jelastic bringt Java-Apps ohne Anpassung in die Cloud". Heise online. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- "Oracle Announces Winners of the 2012 Duke's Choice Awards". Oracle Corporation. Retrieved 7 February 2018.
- Alexander Neumann (October 2, 2014). "PaaS: Jelastic unterstützt nun Node.js" (in German). Heise online. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- Steve O'Hear (December 13, 2010). "Hivext secures $500,000 from Runa Capital for its Cloud dev platform". TechCrunch. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- Natasha Starkell (April 25, 2012). "Java Application Deployment Platform Jelastic Raises $2 Million from Russian Venture Funds". TechCrunch. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- Adrien Henni (September 10, 2013). "$100 million Russian fund Maxfield Capital invests in Java application hosting platform Jelastic". East-West Digital News. Retrieved 7 February 2018.
- Darryl K. Taft (June 6, 2013). "Jelastic Taps Former Microsoft MS-DOS Pioneer as Advise". EWeek. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- Christopher Tozzi (July 2, 2013). "Founder of PHP Joins Jelastic PaaS Cloud Hosting Provider". Channel Futures. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- Simon Maple (November 24, 2014). "James Gosling and Bruno Souza Join Jelastic as Advisers". InfoQ. Retrieved 7 February 2018.
- "Создатель Java вошел в совет директоров хостинга облачных сервисов Jelastic" (in Russian). Lenta.ru. November 18, 2014. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- Announcing 2018 Duke's Choice Award Winners https://blogs.oracle.com/java/announcing-2018-dukes-choice-award-winners
- Adrian Bridgwater. "Java Hosting Platform Jelastic Adds NGINX". Dr. Dobb's Journal. Archived from the original on September 1, 2015. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- Adrian Bridgwater (December 10, 2012). "Jelastic Releases Plugin For IntelliJ IDEA". Dr. Dobb's Journal. Archived from the original on December 18, 2014. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- "Jelastic announces integration with Eclipse IDE". SD Times. November 13, 2012. Archived from the original on September 3, 2014. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- Elizabeth White (April 3, 2014). "Jelastic and WHMCS Collaborate". Cloud Computing Expo. Archived from the original on December 10, 2015. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- "Jelastic Usage-Based Pricing". Jelastic. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- "Locaweb disponibiliza integração com o Docker na plataforma Jelastic Cloud" (in Portuguese). Computerworld. September 3, 2015. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- "Jelastic y GMV se alían para ofrecer servicios cloud avanzados" (in Spanish). March 2, 2016. Retrieved 7 February 2018.