Jekhane Bhooter Bhoy
|Jekhane Bhooter Bhoy|
|Directed by||Sandip Ray|
|Produced by||Shree Venkatesh Films and Surinder Films|
|Screenplay by||Sandip Ray|
|Based on||Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay’s Bhut Bhabishyat |
Satyajit Ray's Brown Saheber Bari and Anath Babur Bhoy
|Edited by||Subrata Roy|
The film starts with Tarinikhuro or Tarinicharan Banerjee, one of Satyajit Ray's characters, telling some boys from his fanclub about ghosts. In the first and second stories the ghosts he talks about were Satyajit Ray's Anath Babur Bhoy and Brown Saheber Bari. The last one was Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay’s Bhoot Bhobishyot. (Initially four stories were supposed to be filmed, but the fourth one, Lucknow-er Duel was dropped later to avoid the length).
- "Anathbabur Bhoy" is about a ghost-hunter Anathbandhu Mitra and his uncanny experiences in a haunted house in Birbhum.
- "Brown Saheber Bari" is about "Simon", a mysterious entity who haunts a dilapidated cottage in Kalimpong.
- "Bhoot Bhobishyot" is based on a peculiar relationship between a writer and a friendly 19th century ghost. It is a light-hearted story with a memorable twist at the end of it all.
The story teller and listenersEdit
- Paran Bandyopadhyay as Tarini Khuro
- Subham Das as Poltu
- Ayus Das as Nyapla
- Amit Das as Bhulu
- Aritra Ghosh as Sunanda
- Ayan Shur as Chatpati
- Bimal Ghosh as Lakshman (the servant)
Anath Babur BhoyEdit
Brown Saheber BariEdit
- Abir Chatterjee as Ranjan Sengupta
- Bhaswar Chatterjee as Anikendra Bhoumick
- Biswajit Chakraborty as Hrishikesh Banerjee
- Lew Hilt as Dr. Larkin
The film is produced by Shree Venkatesh Films and Surinder Films. The shooting of this film has been done in different places like Shantiniketan, Kalimpong, Raipur etc. The film released on 21 December 2012.
Home Video ReleaseEdit
The film was released in Anamorphic Widescreen DVD format on March, 2013 with English subtitles and some bonus features in all regions with 5.1 channel surround sound for non-commercial home viewing.
- "Sandip Ray's ghost film". The Telegraph Calcutta. Retrieved 13 November 2012.
- "Bhaswar Chatterjee to wear Satyajit's blue sweater". The Times of India. Retrieved 13 November 2012.
- "Ghost 'writers'". The Statesman. Retrieved 13 November 2012.