Jeffrey Ngai Pang Chin
Jeffrey Ngai Pang Chin (Chinese: 魏鵬展; born 1980) is a Hong Kong poet and educator, specializing in modern free verse poems. He is the chief editor of Xiao Shuo yu Shi ("Novels and Poetry"), a trimonthly periodical publishing poems and short stories written by writers from China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong. Ngai attended Wah Yan College, Kowloon and studied Chinese Language and Literature master degree programme at The University of Hong Kong. He later received his PhD degree in Chinese Literature from Sun Yat-sen University in Guangzhou. His books include New Poetry Writing Methods (2014) and Finding the Most Beautiful Scars in the Darkest Places (2014). His children's poetry pieces Xiaoxi and Yinghuochong were chosen as materials for 67th Hong Kong Schools Speech Festival. Also, Yinghuochong was used for 7th Contemporary Writers Poems & Proses Recitation Competition and 7th Boyi Speech Cup. His works have touched on various topics including the lives of city dwellers. Zaoan and Dianche have won literature Award.[specify][excessive citations]
Jeffrey Ngai Pang Chin
|Jeffrey Ngai Pang Chin|
According to Prof. Charles Tang, "Ngai’s book New Poetry Writing Methods has a clear elaboration on the concept of modern poetry, he has also given profound views on how to write modern poems. This may be attributed to Ngai’s years of teaching experience as a teacher, making it clear and easy to understand." — Wen Xue Ping Lun(2014)
Mo Yu, chief editor of the Taiwanese literature magazine Li Shi Kan, commented: "Ngai's children's poem Yinghuochong is full of the fun and joy of childlike innocence. In the poem, the writer used stars as a metaphor for fireflies. The poem is not just written for children, but also for adults, arousing their long-lost memory of childhood." — Li Shi Kan (2016)
- 「作家部落」 [introduction of Authors]. 《香港作家》 (in Chinese). 作家雜誌社: 69–70. May 2015. ISBN 978-1898029519.
- "zh:我的作家之路「作家專訪」" [My path to being an author (Interview with the writer)]. World Journal (Philippines). 8 November 2014. p. 13.
- 《百家文學雜誌》 [Park Literary Magazine] (in Chinese). 30. 香港: 諸子出版社有限公司. February 2014. p. 119. ISSN 2074-7527.
- "編輯序" [Editor preface]. 《笠詩刊》 (Li Poetry Magazine) (in Chinese). 台灣: Shuguang Literature and Art Publishing (曙光文藝社出版) (272). 2018-08-31. ISSN 1682-802X.
- "疯狗". Poetry Sky. Retrieved 2018-08-31.
- "【今日封面人物：魏鵬展】| 作家創作專訪：以同情與共鳴的心創作" [(Today's Cover: Ngai Pang Chin): Interview with the writer: creation with a heart of sympathy and resonance]. 《巴蜀風文學》 (in Chinese). December 2017.
- "我不介意學生成績差，但我介意學生不用心做功課". Convocation Newsletter (Summer): 56. 2013. Archived from the original on 2016-02-16. Retrieved 2018-08-31.
- "探射燈：作家教師推許 古文是最簡潔中文" [Spotlight: Authors and teachers argue that classical Chinese is the most concise form of Chinese]. Oriental Daily. 19 June 2013. Retrieved 2018-08-31.
- 香港詩人專訪：一位詩人是怎樣走過來的 (專訪截圖)(刊登於《香港文藝報》2019年4月,63期,頁15) ISSN 1814-9405
- "香港作家系列--魏鹏展：从古诗韵到新诗境". Yangcheng Evening News (in Chinese). 22 March 2020. p. A6.
- 〈一月一新詩 疫下小確幸〉人物專訪(魏鵬展) (Interview with the writer)《香港仔報》[Lionrock Daily]，2020年9月30日，頁10.
- 《文學評論》，31期，2014年，出版社：香港文學評論出版社有限公司,ISSN 2074-9139