Jefferson City School District
|Jefferson City School District|
575 Washington Street
|Superintendent||Dr. John Jackson|
|Accreditations||Southern Association of Colleges and Schools|
Georgia Accrediting Commission
The Jefferson City School District has two elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school.
- Jefferson Academy
- Jefferson Elementary School
- Jefferson Middle School
- Jefferson High School
In the summer of 2020, Jefferson City Schools made national headlines as one of the first school districts in the United States (and the first in Georgia) to resume in-person classes during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- "Free US Geocoder". Archived from the original on 2011-05-11. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
- School Stats, Retrieved June 5, 2010.
- Georgia Board of Education[permanent dead link], Retrieved July 9, 2010.
- Fausset, Richard (6 August 2020). "A Small Georgia City Plans to Put Students in Classrooms This Week". The New York Times. Retrieved 18 August 2020.
- Yan, Holly (30 July 2020). "Jefferson City Schools will be the first in Georgia to reopen Friday. These parents won't be sending their children". CNN. Retrieved 18 August 2020.
- Toone, Stephanie (28 July 2020). "A small Georgia school system will start the school year this week". Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved 18 August 2020.