Jeffrey Roger Kanew (born December 16, 1944) is an American film director, screenwriter, film producer and film editor who early in his career made trailers for many films of the 1970s and is probably best known for directing the film Revenge of the Nerds (1984) and for editing Ordinary People.
Jeffrey Roger Kanew
December 16, 1944
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter, film editor, film producer|
Kanew directed Gotcha! (1985) and Tough Guys (1986), the final film pairing actors Kirk Douglas and Burt Lancaster, having initially directed Douglas in 1983's Eddie Macon's Run. His other directorial efforts includeTroop Beverly Hills starring Shelley Long, V.I. Warshawski starring Kathleen Turner, Natural Enemies starring Hal Holbrook and Louise Fletcher, Babij Jar, a Holocaust drama, National Lampoon's Adam & Eve, several TV episodes, and for the stage and video versions of the Kirk Douglas one-man show "Before I Forget" (2009).
Kanew's son, Justin Kanew, is a reality show contestant from season 15 and season 18 of The Amazing Race. Justin was also the Democratic candidate for Congress in Tennessee's 7th District in the 2018 Midterm Election.
- "Jeff Kanew". The New York Times.
- Van Gelder, Lawrence (July 20, 1984). "Revenge of the Nerds (1984) CAMPUS 'NERDS'". The New York Times.
- "Jeff Kanew Filmography". The New York Times.
- "The Amazing Race". CBS. Archived from the original on April 20, 2012.
- "Tennessee's 7th Congressional District election, 2018". Ballotpedia.
|This article about a United States film director born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|