Barnaby made his feature film debut with Rhymes for Young Ghouls. The film premiered in the Discovery section of the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival. It was given an independent release in Canada by its production company, Prosptector Films in 2014. In July 2014 Monterrey Media acquired the film for U.S. distribution. For his direction Barnaby was named Best Director of a Canadian Film by the Vancouver Film Critics Circle.
In 2015 Barnaby was invited by the National Film Board of Canada to participate in Souvenir, a collective made up of four First Nations filmmakers invited to use their archival material in order to create a short documentary. Barnaby's contribution was the short film Etlinisigu’niet (Bleed Down).
In 2019, Barnaby premiered his sophomore feature Blood Quantum at the Toronto International Film Festival, as the opener for the festival's Midnight Madness section. The film was named the second runner-up for the festival's Grolsch People’s Choice Midnight Madness Award. The film has been acquired for U.S. and international distribution on the Shudder streaming service, with Canadian streaming rights to be held by Crave.
- "Blood Quantum". TIFF. Retrieved 22 November 2019.
- "JEFF BARNABY". Archived from the original on 22 December 2015. Retrieved 17 December 2015.
- Brown, Todd. "Watch Jeff Barnaby's Award Winning FILE UNDER MISCELLANEOUS". Retrieved 17 December 2015.
- "RHYMES FOR YOUNG GHOULS OPENS ACROSS CANADA". Retrieved 17 December 2015.
- Latham, Brandon (9 July 2014). "Monterey Media Picks Up Canadian Aboriginal Revenge Film 'Rhymes for Young Ghouls' for U.S. Distribution". IndieWire. Retrieved 26 April 2018.
- Vancouverfilm. "And the Winners Are..." Retrieved 17 December 2015.
- "Indigenous New Wave: NFB at the Pan Am Games". National Film Board of Canada. 10 July 2015. Retrieved 26 April 2018.
- Harvey, Dennis (9 September 2019). "Toronto Film Review: 'Blood Quantum'". Variety.
- "Announcing the TIFF '19 Award Winners". TIFF. 15 September 2019.
- Wiseman, Andreas (26 June 2019). "AMC Streamer Shudder Picks Up Zombie Thriller 'Blood Quantum' For US, UK & Australia; XYZ Strikes Int'l Pacts". Deadline.
- DaCosta, Jamaias. "INTERVIEW WITH FILMMAKER JEFF BARNABY ON RHYMES FOR YOUNG GHOULS". Retrieved 17 December 2015.