Jeet Heer is a Canadian author, comics critic, literary critic and journalist. He is a staff writer at The New Republic and as of 2014 was writing a doctoral thesis at York University in Toronto.[needs update] He has written for publications including The National Post, The New Yorker, The Paris Review, and Virginia Quarterly Review, and was on the 2016 jury for the Scotiabank Giller Prize. His anthology A Comic Studies Reader, with Kent Worcester, won the 2010 Rollins Award.
Heer has published several books, including:
- "A Conversation with Jeet Heer | The Comics Journal". www.tcj.com. Retrieved 2017-06-13.
- "Jeet Heer". The New Republic. Archived from the original on March 15, 2017. Retrieved May 27, 2017.
- "Host: Jeet Heer". Alberta, Calgary, Canada: Calgary Wordfest. 2014. Archived from the original on May 27, 2017. Retrieved May 27, 2017.
- "2016 Jury". Scotiabank Giller Prize. Archived from the original on May 27, 2017.
- "Rollins Book Award". Retrieved 2019-01-27.
- HINGSTON, MICHAEL; Heer, Jeet (2015). "Sweet Lechery shows us why Jeet Heer became one of Canada's leading public intellectuals". Retrieved 2017-06-13.
- "Jeet Heer Archives – The Paris Review". The Paris Review. Retrieved 2017-06-13.
- Acheson, Charles. "Review of Jeet Heer's In Love with Art". www.english.ufl.edu. Retrieved 2017-06-13.
- "Committed: In Love with Art - Françoise Mouly's Adventures in Comics with Art Spiegelman by Jeet Heer". CBR. 2013-12-18. Retrieved 2017-06-13.
- Berlatsky, Eric L. "Review of A Superhero Reader". Retrieved 2019-01-27.
- Baetens, Jan. "Review of A Comic Studies Reader". Retrieved 2019-01-27.
- Berlatsky, Eric L. "Review of Arguing Comics: Literary Masters on a Popular Medium)". Retrieved 2019-01-26.