This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jed Babbin is a former United States Deputy Undersecretary of Defense who served during the first Bush administration in the United States. He is the author of the political books Inside the Asylum, Showdown, and In the Words of Our Enemies.
Babbin is a political commentator and contributing editor to The American Spectator, and a contributor to National Review Online. He is also a frequent guest host on Talk Radio WMET in Washington, D.C. He is an online editor of Human Events.
He guest-hosted the following radio shows:
- The Rush Limbaugh Show on July 17, 2008
- The Mark Levin Showon August 10, 2009
- The Roger Hedgecock Show on April 21, 2010
- The Savage Nation, on August 11 and 17, 2011 and on January 23, February 1, June 15, and June 27, 2012.
Jed Regularly appears on the generally conservative Greg Garrison Radio Show out of Indianapolis, IN
Babbin holds that the Zumwalt class destroyer is less expensive and more effective than the Arleigh Burke class destroyer, but Admiral Gary Roughead, the Chief of Naval Operations has said that the switch away from the Zumwalt was in response to emerging threats and that it would be less expensive to build new Burkes than it would be to reconfigure the Zumwalt to match the Navy's needs.
- Babbin, Jed. "Defense Cuts Cannot Be Arbitrary." RealClearPolitics 30 November 2010.
- O'Rourke, Ronald. "Navy DDG-51 and DDG-1000 Destroyer Programs: Background and Issues for Congress." Congressional Research Service 14 June 2010