Jean-Baptiste Djebbari (or Djebbari-Bonnet) is a French aircraft pilot and politician of La République En Marche! (LREM) who has been serving as Secretary of State for Transport in the government of Prime Minister Édouard Philippe since 2019. From 2017 until 2019, he was a member of the French National Assembly, representing the department of Haute-Vienne.
Jean-Baptiste Djebbari in 2019
|Secretary of State for Transport|
|Assumed office |
3 September 2019
|Prime Minister||Édouard Philippe|
|Preceded by||Elisabeth Borne|
|Member of the National Assembly|
for Haute-Vienne's 2nd constituency
21 June 2017 – 3 October 2019
|Preceded by||Daniel Boisserie|
|Succeeded by||Pierre Venteau|
|Born||26 February 1982|
|Political party||La République En Marche!|
|Alma mater||École nationale de l'aviation civile|
Early life and educationEdit
In parliament, Djebbari served as the LREM group's coordinator on the Committee on Sustainable Development and Regional Planning from 2017 until 2019. In this capacity, he was the rapporteur on a 2018 bill on the reform of the SNCF. From January until September 2019, he later served as one of his parliamentary group's spokespersons under the leadership of its chairman Gilles Le Gendre.
In September 2019, Djebbari joined the government of Prime Minister Édouard Philippe and was appointed Secretary of State for Transport in the Ministry of Ecology, led by Élisabeth Borne. Early in his tenure, he led unsuccessful efforts to rescue French airline Aigle Azur until a commercial court rejected financial rescue offers.
- Christine Ducros and Jean-Yves Guérin (7 July 2019), Un député LREM veut renationaliser les autoroutes Le Figaro.
- Michel Rose (29 January 2019), Gloom lifts in Elysee as townhall debates re-energize Macron Reuters.
- "Elections législatives 2017". Ministry of the Interior (in French). Retrieved 19 June 2017.
- (in French)Jean-Baptiste Djebbari : «Par mon métier, je sais ce qu’est un "découché"»
- Jean-Baptiste Djebbari French National Assembly.
- Mathilde Siraud (14 January 2019), Le groupe LaREM à l'Assemblée muscle son équipe de porte-parole Le Figaro.
- (in French)Décret du 3 septembre 2019 relatif à la composition du Gouvernement
- Matthieu Protard (27 September 2019), French airline Aigle Azur to cease activities after court rejects rescue bids Reuters.
- Alexandre Lemarié (9 April 2019), LRM prépare déjà le financement de la campagne présidentielle de Macron en 2022 Reuters.