JazzCash, formerly known as MobiCash, is a Pakistani mobile wallet, mobile payments, and branchless banking services provider. It was launched in 2012 as MobiCash by Mobilink (now Jazz) in partnership with their subsidiary bank Mobilink Microfinance Bank. It has a market share of 64 percent in mobile money activity.
|Industry||Mobile financial services|
|Aamir Ibrahim (CEO)|
JazzCash was launched in 2012 as MobiCash by Mobilink (now Jazz) in partnership with Waseela Bank, which was later renamed as Mobilink Microfinance Bank. In 2016, MobiCash was renamed as JazzCash.
In 2020, JazzCash partnered with Payoneer to provide freelancers with a solution that would allow them to withdraw funds from their Payoneer account through their JazzCash wallet. Currently, more than one lac such accounts has been linked to JazzCash.
- Attaa, Aamir. "Mobilink Launches MobiCash".
- https://lcg.lums.edu.pk/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/startup_ecosystem_v_1.0.pdf[bare URL PDF]
- Desk, BR Web (April 17, 2021). "JazzCash surpasses Easypaisa to lead the Mobile Money Market". Brecorder.
- "MobiCash is now JazzCash". 20 May 2016.
- "JazzCash and Payoneer Team up to Make Freelance Payments Easy". Payoneer.
- Ali, Kalbe (May 31, 2021). "Cash wallets are the future of fintech". DAWN.COM.