Jay and Silent Bob Reboot
Jay and Silent Bob Reboot is an upcoming American comedy film written, directed, and starring Kevin Smith. Smith has said that the movie is "literally the same fucking movie all over again", referring to his 2001 comedy Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. It is intended to be the eighth film in the View Askewniverse.
|Jay and Silent Bob Reboot|
|Directed by||Kevin Smith|
|Written by||Kevin Smith|
|Edited by||Kevin Smith|
|Distributed by||Saban Films (United States)|
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (International)
- Jason Mewes as Jay
- Kevin Smith as Silent Bob and Himself
- Shannon Elizabeth as Justice
- Brian O'Halloran as Dante Hicks
- Jason Lee as Brodie Bruce
- Joey Lauren Adams as Alyssa Jones
- Jennifer Schwalbach as Missy
- Harley Quinn Smith as Milly, a member of the girl gang
- Aparna Brielle as Jihad, a member of the girl gang
- Treshelle Edmond as Soapy, a member of the girl gang
- Alice Wen as Shan Yu, a member of the girl gang
- Craig Robinson as Judge
- Joe Manganiello as Bailiff
- Jordan Monsanto as Bailiff #2
- Frankie Shaw as Prosecutor
- Justin Long as Jay and Silent Bob’s Lawyer
- Jason Biggs as himself
- James Van Der Beek as himself
- Donnell Rawlings as Captain
- David Dastmalchian as SWAT Officer
- Kate Micucci as Mooby's Clerk
- Diedrich Bader as Gordon, a relentless Security Guard
Ralph Garman, Grant Gustin, Tom Cavanagh, Method Man, Redman, Chris Jericho, Fred Armisen, Marc Bernardin, Nicolas Cage, Molly Shannon, Scott Mosier, Rosario Dawson, and Chris Hemsworth have also been cast in undisclosed roles.
Following Clerks II, news has appeared so often of other titles to be released in the View Askewniverse; these would include Clerks III and Mallrats 2. In 2017, Kevin Smith had confirmed that those projects were cancelled for several reasons, but revealed he had written a new film starring Jay and Silent Bob titled Jay and Silent Bob Reboot. The script was already finished when it was announced and it was said that Miramax would produce it. It was announced on January 25, 2019 that Saban Films had acquired distribution rights to the film in association with Universal Pictures. It is the first film in the View Askewniverse not to be produced by Scott Mosier.
Filming was initially set to begin Summer 2017, then moved to August 2018, then to November of that same year. After the various delays, filming finally began on February 25, 2019 in New Orleans  exactly one year after Smith suffered a massive and near fatal heart attack.
During the filming of the movie, Smith released a weekly documentary called Road to Reboot, showing what is being filmed that week.
- Shoemaker, Allison (May 27, 2018). "Kevin Smith's Jay and Silent Bob Reboot Due Out in 2019". Consequence of Sound.
- Burlingame, Russ (May 25, 2018). "Kevin Smith Reveals 'Jay And Silent Bob Reboot' Plot Details And Start Date". comicbook.com.
- Chris Hemsworth joins Kevin Smith's Jay and Silent Bob Reboot: Stoked to be part of the film
- ‘Jay and Silent Bob Reboot’ Is Kevin Smith’s New Film, ‘Clerks III’ and ‘Mallrats 2’ Are Dead
- "Jay And Silent Bob Reboot' Set To Start Filming This Summer".
- "Jay And Silent Bob Reboot Movie Shooting This Year". July 23, 2018. Retrieved August 1, 2018.
- Mancuso, Vinnie (February 25, 2019). "Kevin Smith Marks 'Jay and Silent Bob Reboot' Production Start with Behind-the-Scenes Photo". Collider.com.
- www.bleedingcool.com https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03/23/kevin-smith-shares-jay-and-silent-bob-reboot-road-to-reboot-chapter-8/. Retrieved 2019-03-25. Missing or empty
- "KEVIN SMITH HAS WRAPPED ON FILMING THE JAY AND SILENT BOB REBOOT". March 27, 2019. Retrieved March 27, 2019.