Jawani Phir Nahi Ani
Jawani Phir Nahi Ani (lit. 'Youth won't come again'), sometimes abbreviated as JPNA is a 2015 Pakistani adventure comedy film directed by Nadeem Baig. It was co-produced by Humayun Saeed, Salman Iqbal and Shahzad Nasib at Saeed's production house, Six Sigma Plus. It is the first installment in the Jawani Phir Nahi Ani film series, The film stars Humayun Saeed, Hamza Ali Abbasi, Ahmad Ali Butt, Vasay Chaudhry, Mehwish Hayat and Sohai Ali Abro. The supporting cast includes Jawed Sheikh, Ismail Tara, Bushra Ansari, Ayesha Khan, Sarwat Gillani and Uzma Khan. The film is about a single man who is a divorce lawyer. He takes his three married friends on a trip to help them escape their wives and the monotony of their lives.
|Jawani Phir Nahi Ani|
Theatrical release poster
|Urdu||جوانی پھر نہیں آنی|
|Directed by||Nadeem Baig|
|Produced by||Humayun Saeed|
|Written by||Vasay Chaudhry|
|Music by||Ahmad Ali Butt|
Sahir Ali Bagga
|Edited by||Rizwan AQ|
|Distributed by||ARY Films|
|Box office||₨494.4 million|
The film was shot in various locations in Thailand including Bangkok, Pattaya and Coral Island. A few scenes were shot in Karachi. On 5 June 2015, the film wrapped and post-production began.The film was released on Eid al-Adha, 25 September 2015. It received positive reviews from critics and grossed ₨494 million worldwide, becoming the highest grossing Pakistani film to that date, breaking the record of Waar (2013). This record was then broken by Punjab Nahi Jaungi (2017). It is currently the third-highest-grossing Pakistani film.
A sequel, Jawani Phir Nahi Ani 2, was released on August 22, 2018 with Baig returning as director.
Three childhood friends, Saif (Hamza Ali Abbasi), Sheikh (Vasay Chaudhry) and Pervez (Ahmad Ali Butt), have settled down in married life but are afraid of their wives. Their friend Sherry (Humayun Saeed), a divorce lawyer, returns to Pakistan from the United States and finds that all his friends are in miserable marriages. Sherry treats the wives well so that they allow their husbands to accompany Sherry on a road trip to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Sherry actually plans to take the men to Bangkok to add excitement to their lives.
In Bangkok, Sherry meets a girl named Marina (Mehwish Hayat) and they fall in love. However, when Sherry learns that Marina is the daughter of a crime boss named Bichi Don (Ismail Tara), he wants to leave Bangkok to get away from Marina.
The men's wives, having learnt of the deception, arrive at the Bangkok hotel where the group are staying. Pervez tries to commit suicide by jumping off the hotel but is saved when he lands in a swimming pool. Sherry tells the wives that the trip was the men's idea and not his. The wives demand divorces from their husbands, saying they can no longer trust them.
A few months pass and the three friends learn that Sherry is to marry Zoya (Sohai Ali Abro). She is the daughter of Mehboob Khan (Javed Sheikh), a billionaire in Lahore. Zoya is the quintessential nouveau riche kid, who insists on speaking with a strong American-English accent and abbreviates expressions like "OMG" (Oh my God) and "MA" (Masha'Allah). She enjoys spending her father's money carelessly. Zoya's mother (Bushra Ansari), worries about her daughter's attitude.
When the three friends arrive at Sherry's wedding, he asks them not to tell Zoya and her family about Marina. Bichi Don arrives at the wedding and introduces himself as "Ya Sheikh", a friend of Mehboob Khan. Sherry tells everyone that his friend, Saif's nickname is also Sherry. The farce is that no one knows which Sherry anyone is talking about.
Two days before the marriage, Marina arrives. Sherry wants Marina's father to reject him as a potential son-in-law, so he pretends to be a homosexual. The ploy works and Marina and her father leave, only to return on the day of the wedding. Mehboob Khan and Marina's father, (Ya Sheikh) argue about Sherry and this results in both men rejecting Sherry as a potential son-in-law. The story ends when the three friends patch things up with their wives and Sherry asks for Marina's hand in marriage.
- Humayun Saeed as Shereyar a.k.a Sherry
- Hamza Ali Abbasi as Saif Ahmed a.k.a Saif/Sherry
- Ahmad Ali Butt as Parvez (Pipi)
- Vasay Chaudhry as Sheikh
- Ayesha Khan as Kubra (Saif's wife)
- Sohai Ali Abro as Zoya
- Mehwish Hayat as Marina
- Sarwat Gillani as Gul (Sheikh's wife)
- Uzma Khan as Lubna (Parvez's wife)
- Jawed Sheikh as Mehboob Khan (Zoya's father)
- Bushra Ansari as Jabbo (Zoya's mother)
- Ismail Tara as Don / Yaa Sheikh (Marina's father)
- Bashar Amir Shafi as Pipi's son (child artist)
- Gohar Rasheed as XYZ (fashion designer)
- Farhan Ally Agha as Sherry's father
- Yasra Rizvi as Sherry's mother
- Naveed Raza as Lawyer
- Zainab Qayyum as Lawyer
- Ali Kazmi as Dr. Aamir Liaquat Khan
- Fahad Mustafa as Himself
- Zainab Jamil as Charity
- Bilal Lashari as Police officer
- Wajid Khan as Stylist
- Saife Hassan as Lawyer
- Adnan Siddiqui as Himself (in picture)
- Shakeel Hussain Khan as a caller
- Viktor Krav as Gangster
On 31 March 2015, a teaser was released by ARY Films on ARY Digital Network. On 15 August 2015, the trailer was released. The video promotion of one of the movie's soundtracks, Jalwa (sung by Sana Zulfiqar and Sahir Ali Bagga) was released on 26 August 2015. Five theatrical posters of the film, featuring the main cast, were released at ARY Films' official Facebook page on 29 August 2015. Two days later, another soundtrack, Khul Jaye Botal was released on television channels on the ARY Digital Network. On 18 September 2015, a second trailer (edited by Bilal Lashari) was released. The cast appeared on several morning television shows including Morning with Juggan on 18 September 2015 and Good Morning Pakistan on Eid al-Adha (a feast day in Pakistan) to promote their movie.
|1.||"Khul Jaye Botal"||Mika Singh, Tehreem Muniba, Shani Haider||04:28|
|2.||"Dance The Party"||Ali Gul Pir, Shuja Haider||3:05|
|3.||"Jalwa"||Sana Zulfiqar, Sahir Ali Bagga||4:41|
|4.||"Jay Mundiya"||Sana Zulfiqar, Shani Haider||04:58|
|5.||"Aisa Jorh Hai"||Sara Raza Khan, Nabeel Shaukat Ali||05:19|
|6.||"Jawani Phir Nahi Ani"||Ahmad Ali Butt, Faiza Mujahid, Noor Jahan||03:43|
|Total length:||26 mins|
On 19 September 2015, Jawani Phir Nahi Ani premiered in the CineStar IMAX Lahore. Selected media personnel and celebrities, including Mahesh Bhatt attended. Another premiere was held on 20 September 2015 at Nueplex Cinemas in DHA, Karachi. On 23 September 2015, the film premiered in Dubai and on 24 September 2015 in New York City. The Chicago premiere was held on 26 September 26, 2015 and the Los Angeles premiere on 27 September 2015.
Jawani Phir Nahi Ani became the biggest opener for any Pakistani film to that date with collecting ₨ 2.07 crore, excluding previous day's limited release. It broke the previous day 1 record of Waar having ₨ 1.14 crore.
The film collected Rs 2.7 crores on its second day of screening. The total over the first two days was approximately Rs 5 crores. The film collected over Rs 27 crores on the first Sunday of its release. The international earnings on the first weekend was Rs. 2.5 crore. In its first week, the film grossed over Rs 13.7 crores, breaking a record for the highest domestic first week totals. The film's second weekend earnings was Rs 5 crores. Three weeks after its premier screening, the film had earned Rs 26.5 crores becoming the highest-grossing film in Pakistan. The film had grossed Rs 35.25 crores at the end of its third week, becoming the highest-grossing Pakistani film worldwide. The film ended its run by collecting Rs 34 crores locally, and Rs 15.44 crores from overseas with a total gross of Rs 49.44 crores the best earning Pakistani film to that date.
The film received positive reviews from critics in Pakistan. Rafay Mahmood of The Express Tribune rated the film "3 out of 5 stars". He said, "for all its flaws, Jawani Phir Nahi Ani is a thoroughly entertaining film that will reward you if you don’t think it out too much". He praised the performances of Saeed and Butt. Asim Malik of Daily Times wrote, "this flick is a complete package and every one made sure that the details are covered". Salima Feerasta of DAWN praised Saeed, Butt, Chaudhry, Abbasi and Hayat and said "despite its flaws, Jawani Phir Nahi Ani is an out-and-out entertainer. An engaging blend of slapstick, spoofs and wit, the film is easy on the eye and an undemanding crowd-pleaser. Definitely worth the price of admission".
Naveen Qazi of Siddy Says rated the film as "4.5 out of 5 stars". He said, "staunch religious views and conservative mind-set should be left at home". Momin Ali Munshi of Galaxy Lollywood rated the film 3.8 out of 5 stars and wrote, "Jawani Phir Nahi Ani is an outright commercial film which scores full marks on the entertainment meter". He praised the performances of Saeed, Butt, Chaudhry, Abro and Gillani.
|2016||ARY Film Awards||Best Film Jury||Won|
|Best Director Jury||Nadeem Baig||Won|
|Best Director||Nadeem Baig||Won|
|Best Actor||Humayun Saeed||Won|
|Best Actress||Mehwish Hayat||Nominated|
|Sohai Ali Abro||Won|
|Best Supporting Actor||Hamza Ali Abbasi||Won|
|Ahmed Ali Butt||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress||Aisha Khan||Won|
|Best Star Debut Male||Ahmed Ali Butt||Nominated|
|Best Star Debut Female||Sarwat Gilani||Nominated|
|Best Actor in a Comic Role||Bushra Ansari||Nominated|
|Ahmed Ali Butt||Won|
|Best Actor in a Negative Role||Ismail Tara||Nominated|
|Best Playback Singer - Female||Sana Zulfiqar||Nominated|
|Best Playback Singer - Male||Mika Singh||Nominated|
|Best Story||Vasay Chaudhry||Won|
|Best Original Music||Shani Arshad||Won|
|Best Action||Viktor Krav||Won|
|Best Choreography||Shabina Khan||Won|
|Best Costume Design||Nabila and Jahanzeb Qamar||Won|
|Best Makeup and Hairstyling||Nabila||Won|
|Best Editing||Rizwan AQ||Won|
|15th Lux Style Awards||Best Film||Nominated|
|Best Director||Nadeem Baig||Nominated|
|Best Actor||Humayun Saeed||Won|
|Best Actress||Mehwish Hayat||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actor||Javed Sheikh||Won|
|Ahmad Ali Butt||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress||Ayesha Khan||Won|
|Sohai Ali Abro||Nominated|
By February 2017 a second Jawani Phir Nahi Ani film was in development with Saeed, Nasib, Iqbal, and Seja returning to produce. Nadeem Baig returned to direct the film, which began filming November 2017 for an August 2018 release.
- "Jawani Phir Nahi Ani total collection". Box Office Pakistan. Retrieved 23 August 2018.
- "Humayun Saeed to release new film 'Jawani Phir Nahi Aani'". DAWN.com. Anum Rehman. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- "Humayun Saeed's upcoming film 'Jawani Phir Nahi Aani' eagerly awaited". Daily Times. Archived from the original on 9 December 2014. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- "Humayun Saeed's film shooting finished". Pakistan Today. Retrieved 17 June 2015.
- "It's a wrap for 'Jawani Phir Nahi Ani'". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 17 June 2015.
- "Humayun Saeed completes filming 'Jawani Phir Nahi Ani'". Daily Times. Archived from the original on 17 June 2015. Retrieved 17 June 2015.
- "It's a wrap for Jawaani Phir Nahi Aani!". DAWN.com. Retrieved 17 June 2015.
- "'Jawani Phir Nahi Aani' teaser trailer released". Business Recorder. Asfia Afzal. Retrieved 1 April 2015.
- "Jawani Phir Nahi Ani's trailer creates a buzz on social media". The News Tribe. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- "JPNA soundtrack album". Saavn. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- "Tamasha (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) on iTunes". iTunes Store. Retrieved 10 October 2015.
- "Jawani Phir Nahi Ani". arynews.tv. Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- "President ARY Network Salman Iqbal, Mahesh Bhatt attend JPNA Lahore premier". arynews.tv. Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- "JPNA Karachi premiere". ARY News. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- "JPNA all set for a worldwide premier". hip. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- "Jawani Phir Nahi Ani sets new box office record in Pakistan". ARY News. Retrieved 28 September 2015.
- "JPNA creates day one record in Pakistan". BoxOfficeDetail. Retrieved 28 September 2015.
- "Waar beats domestic box office record with opening day take of Rs11.4m – The Express Tribune". Express Tribune. 17 October 2013. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- "JPNA day two business". BoxOfficeDetail. Archived from the original on 27 September 2015. Retrieved 28 September 2015.
- "Jawani Phir Nahi Ani on a rampage; makes Rs 27 million on 3rd day of Eid". ARY News. Retrieved 28 September 2015.
- "Jawani Phir Nahi Ani sunday trends: anither record". BoxOfficeDetail. Retrieved 28 September 2015.
- "Jawani Phir Nahi Ani Worldwide Update :: New Weekend Record". Box Office Detail. Archived from the original on 30 September 2015. Retrieved 29 September 2015.
- "Jawani Phir Nahi Ani Breaks Week One Record In Pakistan". BOD. Retrieved 15 October 2015.
- "Jawani Phir Nahi 12 Days Official Business :: Crosses 20cr". BOD. Archived from the original on 20 November 2015. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- "JPNA becomes Pakistan's highest-grossing film". tribune. Retrieved 13 October 2015.
- "Jawani Phir Nahi Breaks All Time Worldwide Record In Pakistan". BOD. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "JPNA: Pointless but very entertaining". The Express Tribune. Rafay Mahmood. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- "'Jawani Phir Nahi Aani' delivers what it promises". Daily Times. Asim Malik. Archived from the original on 25 September 2015. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- "Jawani Phir Nahin Aani is a drunk desi uncle on the dance floor". DAWN.com. Salima Feerasta. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- "Bangkok and brazen banters". Siddy Says. Naveen Qazi. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- "Jawani Phir Nahi Ani ( Review): This laugh out loud riot is the definition of good commercial cinema". Galaxy Lollywood. Momin Ali Munshi. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- ARY Digital (2 July 2016). "Jawani Phir Nahi Ani - World Tv Premiere". Retrieved 4 July 2016 – via Facebook.
- "The nominations for the ARY Film Awards are out, with many stunning debut actors, directors and musicians vying for the coveted awards". ARY News. 7 February 2016. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- "LSA nominations row: Ahmed Ali Butt moved to Best Supporting Actor category". The Express Tribune. 13 July 2016. Retrieved 30 July 2016.
- "Day one on the sets of 'Jawani Phir Nahi Ani 2'". The Express Tribune. 8 November 2017. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "Final release date of 'Jawani Phir Nahi Ani 2' revealed". The Express Tribune. 24 November 2017. Retrieved 25 November 2017.