Javier Tejada had obtained a degree in Physical Sciences in 1970 from the University of Barcelona and five years later got his Ph.D. in condensed matter physics. He is currently Professor of Condensed Matter Physics at the University of Barcelona (UB) and member of the experimental magnetism research group.
Javier Tejada had worked in such institutions and universities as Paul Sabatier University in France, the Technical University of Munich in Germany, as well as the American institutions such as the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign, UC Berkeley, New York University and University of Birmingham and Liverpool. He is a member of the following institutions: Spanish Royal Society of Physics, Catalan Physics Society, New Academy of Sciences, American Physical Society, and Academy of Sciences, Arts and Letters of the Basque Country.
Works and publicationsEdit
Javier Tejada has published 268 papers in international journals such as Science, Physical Review Letters, Physical Review, Europhysics Letters, Applied Physics Letters and Nature Materials. He has also published 200 articles in various Spanish language newspapers including Diario de Navarra, El País, El Periódico de Catalunya and La Vanguardia.
- 2015 – Humanidades e investigación científica. Una propuesta necesaria
- 2018 – Otros ojos para ver el prado
Javier Tejada has 15 international patents achieved in collaboration with companies and institutions such as Xerox, Carburos Metálicos, Premo, Endesa, Samca and the European Central Bank (on security methods for the European currency). He has also directed 27 basic research projects, 17 dissertations and 25 doctoral theses.
- "Javier Tejada". Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- "El catedrático Javier Tejada, Medalla de la Real Sociedad Española de Física" [Professor Javier Tejada, Medal of the Royal Spanish Society of Physics]. University of Barcelona. 25 January 2016. Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- "Javier Tejada, professor of Condensed Matter Physics at the UB: "University professors should be prepared to change the areas and aims of their research to open doors to new fields"". University of Barcelona. 16 August 2011. Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- Joseba Elola (22 February 2009). "Javier Tejada es uno de los pocos españoles que pasará a la historia como descubridor de un nuevo fenómeno de la física. Además, tiene 15 patentes fruto de sus investigaciones Reportaje sobre ciencia española: "El hombre magnético"". El País (in Spanish). Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- "APS Fellow Archive". American Physical Society. Retrieved 29 July 2019.