Javier Tejada had obtained a degree in Physical Sciences in 1970 from the University of Barcelona and five years later got his Ph.D. in condensed matter physics. He is currently Professor of Condensed Matter Physics at the University of Barcelona (UB) and member of the experimental magnetism research group. He is a member of the following institutions: Spanish Royal Society of Physics, Catalan Physics Society, New Academy of Sciences, American Physical Society, Academy of Sciences, Arts and Letters of the Basque Country.
Works and publicationsEdit
Javier Tejada has published 268 papers in international journals such as Science, Physical Review Letters, Physical Review, Europhysics Letters, Applied Physics Letters and Nature Materials. He has also published 200 articles in various Spanish language newspapers including Diario de Navarra, El País, El Periódico de Catalunya and La Vanguardia.
- 2015 – Humanidades e investigación científica. Una propuesta necesaria
- 2018 – Otros ojos para ver el prado
Javier Tejada has 15 international patents achieved in collaboration with companies and institutions such as Xerox, Carburos Metálicos, Premo, Endesa, Samca and the European Central Bank (on security methods for the European currency). He has also directed 27 basic research projects, 17 dissertations and 25 doctoral theses.
- "Javier Tejada". Retrieved 6 March 2018.
- "Ficha de Javier Tejada en UB". Retrieved 6 March 2018.
- Joseba Elola (22 February 2009). "Javier Tejada es uno de los pocos españoles que pasará a la historia como descubridor de un nuevo fenómeno de la física. Además, tiene 15 patentes fruto de sus investigaciones Reportaje sobre ciencia española: "El hombre magnético"". El País. Retrieved 6 March 2018.