Javed Ali (Hindi: जावेद अली, Urdu: جاوید علی, born 5 July 1982) is an Indian playback singer who has been singing in Hindi movies since the year 2000. In 2007 Javed Ali came into limelight for his song Ek Din Teri Raahon Mein from the film Naqaab and thereafter he sang Jashn-e-Bahaaran from Jodhaa Akbar, Arziyan from Delhi-6, Kun Faya Kun from Rockstar, Guzarish from Ghajini, Aa Jao Meri Tamanna from Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani, Gale Lag Ja from De Dana Dan, Tu Hi Haqeeqat from Tum Mile, Tum Tak from Raanjhanaa, Jab Tak Hai Jaan title track from the film Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Ishaqzaade title track from the film Ishaqzaade, Galat Baat Hai from Main Tera Hero, Daawat-e-Ishq film's Title Track, Maula from Wazir, Nagada Nagada from Jab We Met, Tu Jo Mila from Bajrangi Bhaijaan etc & many more. He is doing playback singing in various languages like Hindi, Bengali, Odia, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi and Assamese. He judged reality shows like Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L'il Champs 2011 on Zee TV and Great Music Gurukul on Colors Bangla. Javed Ali Hosted Zee TV's Singing Reality Show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012.
Javed at a musical concert in 2017
|Birth name||Javed Hussain|
|Born||5 July 1982 (age 36)|
|Occupation(s)||Playback Singer, |
Singing Reality Show's Judge
Javed Ali was born Javed Hussain in Shahpur Village situated in Muzaffarnagar district of Uttar Pradesh India. Javed Ali started singing at a very early age with his father Ustad Hamid Hussain, a popular qawwali singer. During an interview, he said that his father used to sing kirtans, a form of Sikh prayer and a way to praise gods. Ghazal legend Ghulam Ali heard Ali's voice and felt that he could become a great singer in future. Ghulam Ali not only guided Javed, but also gave him chance to sing in his live concerts. As a tribute and honour to his guru Ghulam Ali, Javed changed his name from Javed Hussain to Javed Ali.
|2000||Chori Chori Aankh||Beti No. 1||Hindi||Viju Shah|
|2001||A Ding Dang Do||Paagalpan||Raju Singh|
|2003||Ab Ghar Aaja||Haasil||Jatin Lalit|
|2004||Bhigee Hui Koi||Chameli||Sandesh Shandilya|
|Baat Samjha Karo||Kyun...! Ho Gaya Na||Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy|
|2005||Kajra Re||Bunty Aur Babli|
|Sajna Angana Aayo Re||Dil Jo Bhi Kahey...|
|Akh Ladiye||Neal 'N' Nikki||Salim-Sulaiman|
|Meri Dhoop Hai Tu||Zindaggi Rocks||Anu Malik|
|2007||Nagada Nagada||Jab We Met||Pritam|
|Ek Din Teri Raahon||Naqaab|
|Tara RU||"Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal"|
|Teri Deewani Duniya Sari||My Friend Ganesha|
|2008||Jashn-E-Bahaara||Jodhaa Akbar||A. R. Rahman (Winner: Tata Indicom Mirchi Music Award for Male Vocalist of The Year, IIFA Award for Best Male Playback)|
|Yaar Mera Dildaara||Mission Istanbul||Anu Malik|
|Bekali||A Wednesday||Sanjoy Chowdhury|
|Tu Muskura||Yuvvraaj||A. R. Rahman|
|Tu Hi Haqeeqat||Tum Mile||Pritam|
|Tum Mile (Reprise)|
|Aa Jao Meri Tamanna||Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani|
|Tu Hi Meri||Prem Kaa Game|
|Gale Lag Ja||De Dana Dan|
|2010||Suraj Hai Chanda Hai||Sivaji||A. R. Rahman|
|Mayya Yashoda||Jhootha Hi Sahi||A. R. Rahman|
|Jeetoge Tum||Toonpur Ka Superrhero||Anu Malik|
|Hetechi Swapner Haat Dhore||Shedin Dekha Hoyechilo||Bengali||Jeet Gannguli|
|2011||Tinku Jiya||Yamla Pagla Deewana||Hindi||Anu Malik|
|Pyaar Mein||Thank You||Pritam|
|Dil Dar-Ba-Dar||Yeh Saali Zindagi||Nishat Khan|
|Ishq Tere Jalwe|
|Kaise Kahein Alvida|
|Chupi Chupi Bele Bele||Most wanted||Odia||Goodly Rath|
|Kun Faya Kun||Rockstar||Hindi||A. R. Rahman|
|Dil Ke Liye||Ghost||Sharib Toshi|
|Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon||Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon||Sadhana Sargam|
|2012||Jhalkiyan||Kaafiron Ki Namaaz||Advait Nemlekar|
|Bas Tu Hi||Chal Pichchur Banate Hain||Gaurav Dagaonkar|
|Neeli Neeli||Alemaari||Arjun Janya|
|Why For I Do Feel You||Balunga Toka||Odia||Goodly Rath|
|Deewana Kar Raha Hai||Raaz 3||Rashid Khan|
|Kareeb Aa Jao||Teri Meri Kahaani||Sajid-Wajid|
|Aakar Tere Kareeb||Ammaa Ki Boli|
|Jab Tak Hai Jaan||Jab Tak Hai Jaan||A.R Rahman|
|Tayyab Ali||Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai Dobara||Pritam, Laxmikant-Pyarelal|
|Mutasir||Karle Pyaar Karle||Rashid Khan|
|2014||Mere Maula Sun||Don't quit... youngistan||Robby Badal|
|Mann Kunto Maula||Bengali|
|Galat Baat Hai||Main Tera Hero||Hindi||Sajid-Wajid|
|Allahu Akbar||Gangster||Malayalam||Deepak Dev|
|Labon se labon ki||"M3 – Midsummer Midnight Mumbai"||Afroz Khan|
|AA RE AA||The System||Pakistani||Shailesh Suwarna|
|2015||Tumse Mil Ke & Rab se Maangi||Ishq Ke Parindey||Hindi||Vishal Varmaa, Palak Muchhal|
|Tu Jo Mila(Dekh Na Mudke)||Bajrangi Bhaijaan||Pritam|
|2016||Ek Tu Hi Tu||Shaukeen Kaminay||Hindi||Dharam Dewda|
|Ae Hindustan Tuzhe Banayenge||Citizen Charter||Saarthak Kalla|
|Maula||Wazir||Shantanu Moitra |
|Summane||Run Anthony||Kannada||Manikanth Kadri|
|Deewaren||Deewaren||Hindi||Vinay Jaiswal |
|Tu Kahan||Dil Sala Sanki||Promod Panth|
|Hairat-e-aashiqui||Yea Toh Two Much Ho Gayaa||Avishek Majumder|
|Yaaram||Happy Bhag Jayegi||Sohail Sen|
|2018||Tum Version||Laila Majnu||Niladri Kumar|
|Jai Mata Di||Nanu Ki Jaanu||Sajid-Wajid|
|2009||Vaamanan||"Yedho Seigiraai"||Yuvan Shankar Raja||Sowmya Raoh|
|Kunguma Poovum Konjum Puravum||"Chinnan Sirisuga"||Bela Shende|
|2010||Naan Mahaan Alla||"Oru Maalai Neram"||Shilpa Rao|
|Thambikku Indha Ooru||"Mudhal Pen Niyae"||Dharan Kumar||Sindhu|
|Enthiran||"Kilimanjaro"||A. R. Rahman||Chinmayi|
|2011||Rajapattai||"Paniye Panipoove"||Yuvan Shankar Raja||Renu|
|2012||Nanban||"Irukkaannaa"||Harris Jayaraj||Vijay Prakash, Sunidhi Chauhan|
|Thadaiyara Thaakka||"Kalangal"||S. Thaman||Chinmayi|
|Manam Kothi Paravai||"Po Po Po"||D. Imman||Solo|
|Maattrraan||"Kaal Mulaitha Poove"||Harris Jayaraj||Mahalakshmi Iyer|
|Thuppakki||"Alaikaa Laikaa"||Harris Jayaraj||Sayanora Philip|
|Aadhalal Kadhal Seiveer||"Thappu Thanda"||Yuvan Shankar Raja||Bhavatharini|
|Alex Pandian||"Rayya Rayya"||Devi Sri Prasad||Ranina Reddy|
|2013||Ambikapathy||"Oliyaaga Vandhaai"||A. R. Rahman||K.M.M.C. Sufi Ensemble|
|Maryan||"Sonapareeya"||A. R. Rahman||Haricharan, Nakash Aziz|
|Singam II||"Kannukulle"||Devi Sri Prasad||Priya Himesh|
|All in All Azhagu Raja||"Orae Oru"||S. Thaman||Solo|
|2014||Nimirndhu Nil||"Kadhal Nergayil"
|G. V. Prakash Kumar||G. V. Prakash Kumar, [[Sashaa
|Arima Nambi||"Edhayam En Edhayam"||Anandan Sivamani|
|2015||Puli||"Jingiliya"||Devi Sri Prasad||Pooja AVf\|
|2016||Pencil||"Kangalilae "||G. V. Prakash Kumar||Shreya Ghoshal|
|Uyire Uyire||"Listen To My Heart"||[[G. V
Prakash Kumar]] || Jayaprada
|2017||S3||"O Sone Sone"||Harris Jayaraj||Priya Subramaniyan, M. C. Vickey|
|Indrajith||"Vidigira Vaanil Kodigalai"||KP|
|2009||Tanemando||Ganesh Just Ganesh||Mickey J Meyer||Ajeesh Mix|
|2010||Maham Maye||Komaram Puli||A. R. Rahman||Suchitra|
|2011||Aakasam Lo Oka Thara||Seema Tapakai||Vandemataram Srinivas||Sravana Bhargavi|
|Adagaku Nannemi||Bezawada||Bapitutul||Chandreyee Bhattacharya|
|Ninnu Choosina||Bezawada||Amar Mohile||Shweta Pandit|
|Evo Pichi veshalu||Wanted||Chakri|
|Surro Surra||Shakti||Mani Sharma||Suchitra|
|Raccha Rambola||Sarocharu||Devi Sri Prasad||Rita|
|2014||O Meri Jane Jana||Oka Laila Kosam||Anup Rubens|
|Gullabi Kallu Rendu||Govindudu Andarivadele||Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|Ori Devudo||Alludu Seenu||Devi Sri Prasad||Suchitra|
|2015||Vachchaadu||Son of Satyamurthy||Solo|
|2017||Side Please||Nenu Local||Solo|
|Thakita Thakajum||Rarandoi Veduka Chudham||Solo|
|Thakita Thakajum (Rock Version)||Rarandoi Veduka Chudham||Solo|
|2010||Kadhi Kadhi||Irada Pakka||Nilesh Moharir|
|2011||Jadle Naate||Mohaan Aawatey||Aniruddha Kale||Neha Rajpal|
|2013||Maula Maula||Asa Mee Ashi Tee||Amit Raj||Shilpa Pai|
|2014||Zara Zara||Pyaar Vali Love Story||Pankaj Padghan, Sameer Saptiskar & Amit Raj||Sayali Pankaj|
|Zara Zara (Male)||Pyaar Vali Love Story||Pankaj Padghan, Sameer Saptiskar & Amit Raj|
|Zara Zara (Unplugged)||Pyaar Vali Love Story||Pankaj Padghan, Sameer Saptiskar & Amit Raj||Sayali Pankaj|
|2015||Kaisi Ye Teri Preet||Mumbai-Pune-Mumbai 2||Avinash-Vishwajeet|
|Bali Umar||Lord Of Shingnapur||Farhan Shaikh||Roop Kumar Rathod, Sadhana Sargam|
|2016||O Mhare Sajna||Prem Kahani EK Lapleli Ghoshta||Pravin Kumar||Pamela Jain|
|Year||Album Name||Record Label|
|2006||Shaan Unki Hai Badi||Super Cassettes Industries Ltd|
|2006||Khwaja Pyare Teri Dhoom||Super Cassettes Industries Ltd|
|2011||Punjabi Tadka||Hamara Music|
|2011||Dil Ki Baatein||Venus Records and Tapes, Mumbai|
|2012||Yaara||Filmy BOX Interactive |
|2012||Love is in the Air (Song: Anahat)||Asha Audio and 92.7 BIG FM|
|2014||Ishqana||SRK Media Entertainment|
|2014||With Love...Javed Ali||Music Wires|
|2015||Javed Ali Telugu Hits||Aditya Music (India) Pvt Ltd|
|2016||Saaiyan||Times Music India|
 He has also sung many devotional songs with popular singers like Debashish, Preeti, Pinky, Charanjeet Singh Sondhi, Soham Chakraborty, Kalpana, Priya Bhattacharya etc.In 2018 he sang for Manju warrier starrer malayalam film Aami.The song chand hoga was wrieetn by Gulzar and music by Toufiq quereshi.The film is a biopic on Indian English writer Kamala Das
Recently Javed Ali working on his Music Video Single 'Rangreziya' . He sang as well as composed the song for his Video Single.
- Mentored the singing reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L'il Champs 2011 on Zee TV.
- Hosted Zee TV's Singing Reality Show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012.
- Mentored Bengali Singing Reality Show on Colors Bangla named Great Music Gurukul in 2015.
- One of the judges of Zee TV's Singing Reality Show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Lil champs 2017 
- Presently one of the judges of Indian Idol Season 10 (Replacement of Anu Malik) 
Awards and nominationsEdit
- IIFA Awards 2009 in The Best Male Playback Singer category for the song Jashn-E-Bahara from the film Jodhaa Akbar.
- Screen Awards 2012 (19th) in The Best Playback Singer Category for the Title Track of the film named Ishaqzaade.
- Own Radio Mirchi's Mirchi Music Awards (4 Awards) in 2012 in the following categories: Best Song Representing the Sufi Tradition – Kun Faya Kun from the film Rockstar, Best Indipop Song “Mera Kya Saheb Haitera” from “Dil Ki Baatein”, Best Album of the year and Mirchi listener Award for Rockstar.
- Uttar Pradesh Government has Honored Javed Ali with the highest prestigious award of the state – Yash Bharti Samman.
- India TV awarded Javed Ali with the Yuwa Award 2015.
Nominated for AwardsEdit
- Nominated For Filmfare Awards (2010) for The Best Male Playback Singer category for the song Arziyan from the film Delhi-6.
- Nominated For 63rd Filmfare Awards South (2016) for The Best Male Playback Singer category for the song Sanje Veleli from the film Luv U Alia.
- Nominated for Zee Cine Awards (2013) for The Best Male Playback Singer category for the song Ishaqzaade from the film Ishaqzaade.
Javed Ali performs live with his band all over the world. In 2016 July–August Javed Ali performed in 9 cities of the United States of America. Also Javed Ali regular performs in maestro A.R Rahman's worldwide live concert tours.
On 15 August 2016 Javed Ali performed in the Headquarters of the United Nations with the maestro A.R Rahman to celebrate India's 70th Independence Day.
Along with playback singing & live performing, Javed Ali is associated with various social works. He performs live for various social causes to raise funds. In 2016 Javed Ali performed in Mumbai at a fundraiser event for war widows.
He recently performed for a fund raiser for an old age home at Satpala, Virar in Palghar, Maharashtra on 10th November 2018.
- "Javed Ali: Sufi music has the power to overcome social tensions". The Times of India. 2 June 2016.
- "A film is made for actors, not for singers: Javed Ali". Hindustan Times. 13 August 2013.
- "Javed Ali: I have never faced any discrimination". The Times of India. 5 December 2015.
- "I can never hurt anyone: Javed Ali". The Times of India. 19 August 2016.
- "All my hits were offered to me when I was 'on leave': Javed Ali". The Times of India. 19 July 2013.
- "Notes From His Heart: Javed Ali on his Musical Journey". The Hindu. 21 December 2015.
- "JAVED ALI UNPLUGGED". The Pioneer. 9 November 2014.
- "Singer Javed Ali talks AR Rahman and all things gaana in this exclusive interview!". bollyspice.com. 9 August 2015.
- "Javed Ali: "New breed of singers want instant fame"". radioandmusic.com. 27 June 2012.
- "I want to sing for SRK: Javed Ali". sify.com. 2 July 2012.
- "Did you know that Javed Ali is 'very fond of EDM?'". Hindustan Times. 9 October 2015.
- "Javed Ali sings for a TV show". The Times of India. 19 November 2015.
- "Bollywood singers can't be complacent: Javed Ali". The Times of India. 31 July 2013.
- "Music for peace: Javed Ali reflects on his favourite numbers and the value of Sufi music". The Hindu. 1 June 2016.
- "Javed Ali At The 5th Veda Session At Whistling Woods International". mediainfoline.com. 21 October 2016.
- "Musically Yours: Javed Ali". bollywood.com.
- "Javed Ali: The voice of Amitabh, Hrithik". rediff.com.
- "Rahman Sir gets the best out of you and loves experimenting: Javed Ali, After his upbeat track 'Galat Baat Hai' from the film 'Main Tera Hero', the singer has lent his voice for two tracks 'Bol De' and 'Mera Gham' for the film Kochadaiiyaan, for which AR Rahman has composed the music". radioandmusic.com. 9 April 2014.
- "Wazir song Maula Mere Maula: Singer Javed Ali adds another gem to his collection". india.com. 18 December 2015.
- "Seven Singers Come Together this Holi to Celebrate Unity with Deewaren". The Times of India. 22 March 2016.
- "Amazon.com: Yaara: Javed Ali: MP3 Downloads".
- "Javed Ali on iTunes".
- "Maa Ke Darbaar Hai Jaana MP3 Song Download from Maa Ke Darbaar Hai Jaana for Free". bubblepot.co. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- "Singer Javed Ali turns composer for upcoming single". radioandmusic.com. 24 October 2016.
- "Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012' announces its anchor Javed Ali". The Times of India. 17 October 2012.
- "Kids today are very talented: Javed Ali". The Times of India. 3 July 2011.
- "Javed Ali to host SaReGaMaPa 2012". radioandmusic.com. 15 October 2012.
- "Toast to the host". The Hindu. 28 October 2012.
- "Great Music Gurukul Mentors". colorsbangla.com.
- "Contest - SA RE GA MA PA Lil Champs". Zee TV Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L'il Champs. Retrieved 2017-08-01.
- "Composer Anu Malik removed from Indian Idol as judge after 'Me Too' allegations". 21 October 2018. Retrieved 26 October 2018.
- "Javed Ali, Nooran sisters to pay tribute to AR Rahman at IIFA 2015". radioandmusic.com. 18 May 2015.
- "Dhanush and Javed Ali fight it out". The Times of India. 16 June 2016.
- "'Touring with Rahman is a dream come true': Javed Ali". Deccan Chronicle.
- "Mangaluru: 'Jashn' at Forum Mall as singer Javed Ali wows huge crowds". The Times of India. 6 March 2016.
- "The 'S' word in songs boosts popularity of the song: Singer Javed Ali". newskarnataka.com. 11 March 2016.
- "From the community: Palak Muchhal and Javed Ali Captured the Hearts of Music Lovers in Chicago". chicagotribune.com. 18 July 2016.
- "Javed Ali's ode to A.R. Rahman on his birthday". india.com. 4 January 2016.
- "I see myself doing more than playback: Javed Ali". deccanchronicle.com. 1 December 2015.
- "Singer Javed Ali to perform live in Bengaluru". The Times of India. 26 December 2014.
- "Euphonious Occasion: 'The Versatile-Javed Ali', a musical extravaganza creates memories". radioandmusic.com. 19 August 2016.
- "Javed Ali performs at Times Hyderabad Festival 2015". The Times of India. 6 October 2015.
- "Javed Ali commences 2013 with music concerts". radioandmusic.com. 4 January 2013.
- "A.R. Rahman enthrals audience at UN concert to celebrate Independence Day". The Hindu. 16 August 2016.
- "Singer Javed Ali to perform at fundraiser for war widows". The Times of India. 12 August 2016.
- "Singer Javed Ali to perform at fundraiser for war widows". .intoday.in. 11 August 2016.