Jatt & Juliet 2
Jatt & Juliet 2 (Punjabi: ਜੱਟ ਐੰਡ ਜੂਲੀਅਟ-੨) is a 2013 Indian Punjabi romance comedy film directed by Anurag Singh. The film is a sequel to the 2012 blockbuster Jatt & Juliet, however not directly or story-wise. Actors Diljit Dosanjh and Neeru Bajwa reprise their roles from the previous film in the sequel amongst other characters. The film released on 28 June 2013, almost a year after the release of the prequel, and received a positive response at the box office. Jatt & Juliet 2 went on to become the highest-grossing Punjabi film ever, thus beating the record previously held by the first Jatt & Juliet film. Jatt and Juliet 2 will be the first ever Punjabi movie to be released on Blu-ray.  The movie was remade in Bengali in 2018 as Inspector Notty K.
|Jatt & Juliet 2|
|Directed by||Anurag Singh|
|Produced by||Gunbir Singh Sidhu
Darshan Singh Grewal
|Written by||Dheeraj Rattan
|Music by||Raju Rao
|Edited by||Manish More|
|Distributed by||White Hill Studio|
|Box office||₹30.7 crore (US$4.6 million)|
Fateh Singh (Diljit Dosanjh) is a Punjab police constable who desperately wants a promotion. Due to this, he accepts the request of his Deputy Commissioner request backed up by Inspector Singh's (Jaswinder Bhalla) to fly to Canada and convince her daughter, Pooja Singh (Neeru Bajwa), and her mother to come back to India. Fateh assumes that it should be a fairly task. He flies to Canada and upon reaching Vancouver, starts his mission to bring Pooja back but mistakes Pooja's friend working in a beauty salon as Pooja herself, but is dismayed when he finds out that Pooja is actually a "by the books" police officer with the Vancouver Police Department. Fateh, in order to bring her back and to avoid deputation back to India, helps Pooja to convince her mother in getting herself roped with a Caucasian guy in a marriage bond whom Pooja likes. This clashes with his irreverent and unsophisticated personality, but soon the two begin to find themselves drawn to one another.
- Diljit Dosanjh as Head Constable Fateh Singh
- Neeru Bajwa as Constable Pooja Singh
- Rana Ranbir as Shampy / Loveoshan Singh
- Jaswinder Bhalla as Inspector Joginder Singh
- B.N. Sharma as Gunoshan Singh Chawla (Shampy Da Daddy)
- Bharti Singh as Preet/fake pooja
- Jacob Insley as Chris
- Dolly Mattoo as Pooja's Mother
- Rana Jung Bahadur as Pakistani taxi driver
- Anita Devgan as Fateh Singh's Mother
- Vijay Tandon as Pooja's Father
- Amrit Billa as Fateh Singh's Father
- Balinder Johal as Pooja's Grandmother
- Davinder Dillon
- Moishe Teichman as Wedding Priest
- Jazzy B in Special Appearance
- Jenny Ghotra in Guest Appearance in song Mr. Singh
- Razia Sukhbir
The Hindustan Times gave a positive review for Jatt & Juliet 2, praising the film's acting and music, while commenting that "audiences would do well to not compare the film with the original". On 25 October Jatt & Juliet became the first Punjabi Movie made in Punjab, India to have been released in Pakistan. The film has been released in Pakistan by Surya Basic Brothers Distribution and Whitehill productions in association with Yellow Hill Media and Entertainment (Pakistan).
Jatt & Juliet 2' has emerged the biggest blockbuster of Punjabi cinema. The film has made a box office collections nearing ₹20 crore (US$3.0 million) approx (All India). Jatt & Juliet 2 has broken all records in 12 days of run and established new benchmarks for the industry all over.
Film collected approx ₹7 crore (US$1.0 million)-₹7.50 crore (US$1.1 million) in 1st week. Film dropped by just 30-35% in 2nd weekend and managed further ₹3 crore (US$450,000). Film had collected ₹10 crore (US$1.5 million) in 10 days and surpassed previous record of ₹10.50 crore (US$1.6 million) lifetime of "Jatt & Juliet" by end of 2nd week.
Film finished with ₹11.75 crore (US$1.8 million) after two weeks and lifetime figure was in the range of ₹17 crore (US$2.5 million)-₹18 crore (US$2.7 million) with touching ₹20 crore (US$3.0 million). Film also collected ₹1.75 crore (US$260,000) in rest of India which means worldwide collection stood in excess of ₹18 crore (US$2.7 million) already.
PTC Punjabi Film Awards 2014Edit
Jatt & Juliet 2 won four awards at the 4th PTC Punjabi Film Awards in 2014.
|Best Film||Speed Records & White Hill Productions|
|Best Director||Anurag Singh|
|Best Actor||Diljit Dosanjh|
|Best Actress||Neeru Bajwa|
- Lakhi, Navleen. "Music is their mantra to success". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 12 July 2013. Retrieved 11 July 2013.
- Kapoor, Jaskiran. "Action Replay". Indian Express. Retrieved 11 July 2013.
- Mehta, Ankita. "Box Office Collection: 'Ghanchakkar' Disappoints; 'Jatt and Juliet 2' Blockbuster Overseas". IB Times. Retrieved 11 July 2013.
- Juneja, Raj. "Jatt and Juliet 2 garners huge collection at the box office". Times of India. Retrieved 11 July 2013.
- Sidhu, Lovedeep Kaur. "Lovedeep Kaur Sidhu's review: Jatt & Juliet 2". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 7 July 2013. Retrieved 11 July 2013.
- "Jatt & Juliet 2 released in Pakistan". punjabiportal.com. punjabiportal.com. Archived from the original on 2015-09-24. Retrieved 2013-10-28.
- "War hero's family demands apology".
- "Jatt & Juliet army disrespect".
- "Punjabi movies 'Sardaar Ji', 'Jatt & Juliet 2' to get Telugu adaptation".