Jatinegara railway station
Jatinegara Station (JNG) is a large class type A railway station located on the border between Jatinegara and Matraman, to be precise in Pisangan Baru Village, Matraman, East Jakarta. The station is the main entrance to Jakarta from cities east of Jakarta. Jatinegara station is operated by Kereta Api Indonesia and Kereta Commuter Indonesia.
|Location||Jl. Raya Bekasi Barat, Pisangan Baru, Matraman, East Jakarta|
|Elevation||+16 m (52 ft)|
|Owned by||Kereta Api Indonesia|
|Operated by||Kereta Commuter Indonesia|
|Platforms||3 island platforms|
1 side platform
|Classification||Large class type A|
|Opened||15 October 1909|
|Previous names||Meester Cornelis Station (SS)|
All but a few intercity trains originating from cities east of Jakarta stop at Jatinegara[a]; however, all trains heading to those cities pass the station. The government is planning to make the station into a terminus for some of these trains.
Before the construction of the station, the area where the current building stood was known as swamp named "Rawa Bangke". Jatinegara station was opened on 15 October 1909 during the Dutch colonial period. It was known then as Meester Cornelis station. The station was designed by S. Snuyff, the head of the department of public work of the Indies at that time. Jatinegara station was the main station for the independent municipality of Meester Cornelis (now Jatinegara, a subdistrict of Jakarta). The station was meant to be the main connection to the east (Bandung).
The following is a list of train services at the Jatinegara Station.
- KRL Commuterline
- Blue Line, towards Jakarta Kota and Bekasi via Manggarai (Bekasi branch)
- Blue Line, towards Jakarta Kota and Bekasi via Pasar Senen (Bekasi branch)
- Blue Line, towards Jakarta Kota and Cikarang via Manggarai (Cikarang branch)
- Blue Line, towards Jakarta Kota and Cikarang via Pasar Senen (Cikarang branch)
- Yellow Line, towards Depok (Depok branch)
- Yellow Line, towards Bogor (Bogor branch)
- Intercity trains that does not stop at Jatinegara are: the Gumarang, the Kertajaya, the Tawang Jaya, early-morning services of the Argo Parahyangan, the Pangandaran, the Walahar Express/Cilamaya Express and local trains for Jatiluhur railway station.
- Buku Informasi Direktorat Jenderal Perkeretaapian 2014 (PDF) (in Indonesian).
- "Een nieuw station". Het nieuws van den dag voor Nederlandsch-Indie. 1909-10-11. Retrieved 2020-10-09.
- "Meester Cornelis, Stasiun". Ensiklopedi Jakarta (in Indonesian). Dinas Komunikasi, Informatika dan Kehumasan Pemprov DKI Jakarta. 2010. Archived from the original on March 28, 2012. Retrieved July 10, 2011.
- Stasiun Jatinegara Archived 2016-03-04 at the Wayback Machine, Jakarta.go.id
- Media related to Jatinegara Station at Wikimedia Commons
- (in Indonesian) PT KAI - the Indonesian rail company
- (in Indonesian) Forum Semboyan35 - Indonesian Rail fans Forum
|Preceding station||Kereta Api Indonesia||Following station|