Jason Ralph (born April 7, 1986) is an American actor best known for his roles as Peter Pan in Peter and the Starcatcher on Broadway and the character Quentin Coldwater in the Syfy television series The Magicians. He was born in McKinney, Texas and studied acting at SUNY Purchase.
|Born||April 26, 1986|
McKinney, Texas, U.S.
|Education||State University of New York, Purchase (BFA)|
In 2010, he co-founded a theater company named Strangemen Theater Company with his peers from Purchase College. As an artistic director of his company, Strangemen produced several plays including the Obie award-winning production of The Woodsman by James Ortiz and Edward W. Hardy.
In 2014, he starred in the comedy-drama movie I'm Obsessed with You alongside Manish Dayal, Rachel Brosnahan and Thomas McDonell. Also that year, he played the role of Ian Thompson in the film A Most Violent Year.
In 2015, he played the role of Harrison Dalton, the son of President Dalton in the CBS TV series Madam Secretary and as Mike Vickery in the NBC TV series Aquarius. He also played Stan in Manhattan. The same year, Ralph was cast as Quentin Coldwater, the lead role in the Syfy fantasy drama series The Magicians, which premiered on December 16, 2015.
It was reported in 2018 that Ralph had married actress Rachel Brosnahan, but Brosnahan later revealed in early 2019 that they had been married "for years" before their relationship became public. Both attended the Golden Globe Awards ceremony in 2019, where she thanked him during her acceptance speech.
|2014||I'm Obsessed with You||Jake Birnbaum|
|2014||A Most Violent Year||Ian Thompson|
|2020||I'm Thinking of Ending Things||Young Man|
|2010||The Good Wife||Student #2||1 episode|
|2011||Gossip Girl||Sam||2 episodes|
|2013||Smash||Fan||Episode: "The Producers"|
|2013||Blue Bloods||Jake Singer||Episode: "Justice Served"|
|2014||Looking||Jason||Episode: "Looking for Now "|
|2015||Grace and Frankie||William||Episode: "The Dinner "|
|2015-2016||Aquarius||Mike Vickery||Recurring role; 10 episodes|
|2015||Madam Secretary||Harrison Dalton||Recurring role; 5 episodes|
|2015||Manhattan||Stan||Recurring role; 6 episodes|
|2015–2019||The Magicians||Quentin Coldwater||Main role (seasons 1-4)|
|2016||Dark Day||Ian Howe||Main cast|
|2018-present||Younger||Jake Devereux||Recurring role|
- "Jason Ralph". hollywoodlife.com. December 7, 2015. Retrieved April 4, 2017.
- Ralph, Jason (April 6, 2015). "Yo. Tomorrow's my birthday..." Twitter. Retrieved January 30, 2016.
- Weiss, Rachel (September 6, 2013). "From Purchase to "Peter" and Beyond – The Purchase Beat". thepurchasebeat.com. Retrieved March 14, 2017.
- "The Tin Man Takes Shape off-Broadway Q&A". otdowntown.com. December 29, 2014. Retrieved January 1, 2021.
- "'The Magicians' Star Jason Ralph Signs With Paradigm (Exclusive)". hollywoodreporter.com. March 25, 2019. Retrieved January 1, 2021.
- "Outfitted: Jason Ralph". maxim.com. April 7, 2016. Retrieved January 1, 2021.
- "Discover How The Tin Man Lost Heart". woodsmantheplay.com. Retrieved January 1, 2021.
- "The Woodsman". iobdb.com. Retrieved January 1, 2021.
- Lovett, Jamie (December 3, 2014). "Jason Ralph And Sosie Bacon To Star In The Magicians". comicbook.com. Retrieved April 4, 2017.
- Petski, Denise (December 9, 2015). "'The Magicians' First Episode To Air Ahead Of January Premiere On Syfy". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved April 4, 2017.
- Talarico, Brittany (September 25, 2018). "Did The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Star Rachel Brosnahan Marry Jason Ralph?". People. Retrieved January 7, 2019.
- Farley, Rebecca. "Rachel Brosnahan Reveals She's Secretly Been Married For "Years"". Retrieved January 31, 2019.
- Fernandez, Alexia (January 6, 2019). "Rachel Brosnahan Thanks Husband Jason Ralph as She Wins Golden Globe: 'I Love You'". People. Retrieved January 7, 2019.
- Gilbert, Ryan (July 8, 2013). "Peter and the Starcatcher's Jason Ralph on Conquering His Shyness & Rescuing the Love of His Life". Broadway.com. Retrieved April 14, 2020.