Japan at the 1952 Summer Olympics
Japan competed at the 1952 Summer Olympics in Helsinki, Finland. Japan returned to the Olympic Games after not being invited to the 1948 Summer Olympics because of the nations's role in World War II. 69 competitors, 58 men and 11 women, took part in 60 events in 13 sports.
|Japan at the|
1952 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Japanese Olympic Committee|
|Competitors||69 in 11 sports|
|Flag bearer||Bunkichi Sawada|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
|Gold||Shohachi Ishii||Wrestling||Men's Freestyle Bantamweight|
|Silver||Masao Takemoto||Gymnastics||Men's Long Horse Vault|
|Silver||Tadao Uesako||Gymnastics||Men's Floor Exercises|
|Silver||Hiroshi Suzuki||Swimming||Men's 100m Freestyle|
|Silver||Shiro Hashizume||Swimming||Men's 1500m Freestyle|
|Silver||Toru Goto, Yoshihiro Hamaguchi, Hiroshi Suzuki, and Teijiro Tanikawa||Swimming||Men's 4 × 200 m Freestyle Relay|
|Silver||Yushu Kitano||Wrestling||Men's Freestyle Flyweight|
|Bronze||Takashi Ono||Gymnastics||Men's Long Horse Vault|
|Bronze||Tadao Uesako||Gymnastics||Men's Long Horse Vault|
- Road Competition
Men's Individual Road Race (190.4 km)
- Kihei Tomioka — did not finish (→ no ranking)
- Masazumi Tajima — did not finish (→ no ranking)
- Tadashi Kato — did not finish (→ no ranking)
- Tamotsu Chikanari — did not finish (→ no ranking)
- Track Competition
Men's 1.000m Time Trial
- Final — 1:23.2 (→ 26th place)
Men's 1.000m Sprint Scratch Race
- Kihei Tomioka — 23rd place
Men's 3m Springboard
- Preliminary Round — 65.23 points (→ 15th place)
Women's 10m Platform
- Preliminary Round — 36.24 points (→ 11th place)
One fencer, Shinichi Maki, represented Japan in 1952.
One shooter represented Japan in 1952.
|Yukio Inokuma||Men's 50 metre rifle prone||396||17|
- "Japan at the 1952 Helsinki Summer Games". sports-reference.com. Archived from the original on 22 May 2015. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Japan Rowing at the 1952 Helsinki Summer Games". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 10 March 2018.