Jang Na-ra (Korean: 장나라; born March 18, 1981) is a South Korean singer and actress active in both the South Korean and Chinese entertainment industries since 2001. She rose to prominence with her hit studio album Sweet Dream in 2002, and starred in well-received television series Successful Story of a Bright Girl (2002), My Love Patzzi (2002), Wedding (2005), My Bratty Princess (2005), Confession Couple (2017), The Last Empress (2018–2019), and VIP (2019).
|Born||March 18, 1981|
Seoul, South Korea
|Revised Romanization||Jang Na-ra|
|Hanyu Pinyin||Zhāng Nàlā|
Early life and educationEdit
Jang spent most of her childhood in her birthplace, Yeokchon-dong, Eunpyeong District in Seoul, South Korea. She appeared with her father, Ju Ho-seong who is also an actor, in the play Les Misérables in her primary school days, thus sparking her interest to become an actress. Jang also went on to become a model for television advertisements in her high school days before entering Chung-ang University's Department of Theater, Faculty of Fine Arts where she majored in Theater and Film in March 2000. She graduated 10 years later, on February 19, 2010. The delay was due to her continuous work since her debut after she entered the university. She also received an alumni association award for her contributions to the university during the graduation rites.
Jang released her debut album First Story with the title track Burying My Face In Tears. Initially, it was not well received and only reached number 12 in Korean music charts. After starring in the popular sitcom New Nonstop, she became more well known and released the other tracks in the album such as her pop ballad style song, Confession and the April Story, ranked at the top in various music charts. The album sold 300,000 copies. Jang then became a host for MBC's music show, Music Camp and KBS's talk show Love Story. By the end of 2001, she received several New Female Artist awards from year-end Music Awards ceremonies and New MC awards from Entertainment Awards ceremonies.
In October 2002, Jang released her second album Jjang Nara Vol.2 Sweet Dream. The song Sweet Dream became immensely popular and reached number 1 in Korean music charts, instantly making Jang a household name. The album also became one of the top selling albums of that year in South Korea. Due to the success of Sweet Dream, Jang won several awards including two Daesang awards or the Grand Prize (equivalent to Korean Top Artist of the Year) from MBC Music Festival and KBS Music Awards. She also received the Korean Singer of the Year from China's CCTV-MTV Awards in 2003.
In December 2003, Jang released her third album aptly titled 3rd Story which included top tracks I am a Woman Too and Is That True?.
Jang released a Best Hits Album in 2004 consisting of songs from her 3 previous albums. She followed it up with her 4th album titled My Story released in December 2004, consisting of hit songs such as I Love School and Winter Diary.
With her popularity in China, she also made a career in music overseas by releasing Chinese-language albums. Her first Chinese album was a huge success, making her the first foreign artist in China with over 1 million copies sold. This was followed by the release of two more Chinese albums, Kungfu (2005) and Flying High (2006).
She returned to the Korean music scene in 2007 with her fifth Korean album entitled She, which consists of medium tempo Masquerade and the dance piece You & I. The following year, she released a multi-lingual album titled Dream of Asia, which includes 26 songs in 5 languages, including Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Japanese and English. Jang held a mini concert in Beijing to promote the album. During the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics, Jang was the only singer from a non-Chinese-speaking country to appear in the 2008 Olympic song Beijing Welcomes You.
In 2009, she released a duet with Jimmy Lin for the soundtrack of their film Flying With You. The track was produced by famed Singaporean musician JJ Lin. In 2012, four years after releasing Dream of Asia, Jang returned to the Korean music scene with the digital single I Only Think Of You. The same year, she released her fourth Chinese album Love Journey.
On May 20, 2018, Jang Na-Ra performed Sweet Dream, I am a Woman Too, April Story on Sugar Man season 2, which was the highest audience rating among all terrestrial and non-terrestrial programs broadcast at the same time. Sweet Dream by Jang Nara became the most-viewed performing video among all Sugar Man singers.
In 2002, Jang landed her first leading role in a drama in SBS's romantic comedy Successful Story of a Bright Girl. The drama is well received and recorded high audience ratings. She won the Best New TV Actress Award at the 2003 Baeksang Arts Awards. The success of the drama and her hit song "Sweet Dream" launched her to stardom in South Korea that year. The same year, she starred in another romantic comedy series My Love Patzzi which also attained high ratings.
In 2004, she came back to the small screen and starred in MBC's weekend drama Love Is All Around, followed by KBS' romance drama Wedding. Wedding established Jang as an actress, and she received viewer acclaim for her portrayal of a woman's growth and identity in marriage.
In 2005, with her increasing popularity in China, she made a bold move by moving to China to start her singing and acting career. Her first mainstream Chinese drama is My Bratty Princess. The success of My Bratty Princess catapulted her as a hallyu or Korean Wave star in China. She made several other drama series in China which includes Good Morning Shanghai in 2007, Iron Masked Singer in 2010, and Unruly Qiao in 2011.
In 2009, she returned to the big screen with Sky and Ocean, playing a gifted violinist with a mental age of 6 years old, diagnosed with Savant syndrome. The movie was a commercial failure, and was criticized for Jang's unfair nomination at the Grand Bell Awards even before the movie was released. However, despite the controversy, Jang won the Best Actress for a Foreign Film Award at the 19th China Golden Rooster and Hundred Flowers Awards. The film also became the first Asian film to be invited to the 8th Tirana International Film Festival in Albania, where it won the Media Award.
In May 2011, Jang starred in KBS romantic-comedy Baby Faced Beauty. This marks her return to Korean screens after six years. The series averaged 10% ratings throughout its run and won favorable reviews. She later won the Excellence Award for an Actress in a mini-series at the 2011 KBS Drama Awards.
The following year, she filmed her first Chinese movie Flying With You, starring opposite Taiwanese singer and actor Jimmy Lin. She also made a cameo appearance in another Chinese film starring Jaycee Chan titled Whoever. The same year, she appeared together with her father in a Chinese drama entitled Race Course.
In December 2012, Jang reunited with her Baby Faced Beauty co-star Choi Daniel for KBS's teen drama School 2013. She received her second consecutive Excellence Award for an Actress in a mini-series at the 2012 KBS Drama Awards.
The year 2014 proved to be a busy year for Jang with three TV projects under MBC network. In July 2014, Jang played the lead role in You Are My Destiny, the Korean adaptation of the 2008 Taiwanese hit drama Fated to Love You. This TV series reunited her with Jang Hyuk 12 years after both starred in the highly rated drama Successful Story of a Bright Girl. You Are My Destiny was a hit in China and gained 200 million views. Shortly after, Jang starred in a one-episode drama special entitled Old Farewell for MBC's Drama Festival, pairing her once again with Jang Hyuk. She then took on the lead role opposite Shin Ha-kyun in the fantasy-romantic-comedy drama Mr. Back. She later won the Top Excellence Award at the 2014 MBC Drama Awards for both television series she starred in that year.
In 2017, Jang was cast in the romantic fantasy drama Confession Couple. The series was a success, and won acclaim from viewers. She also won the Excellence Award for an Actress in a mini-series at the 2017 KBS Drama Awards.
In 2018, Jang was cast in the mystery thriller drama The Last Empress, playing a musical actress who becomes the Empress of a modern-day monarch. The series received high ratings and Jang was praised for her performance with her wide range in acting.
In 2002, Jang was named as 'CF Queen' by various news outlets. This is due to her rising number of product endorsements ranging from telecommunications (KTF), automobile (KIA Spectra), fashion (SMART uniform), fast food (Popeyes) to alcoholic beverage (잎새주)
In March 2020, it was revealed that Jang had signed an exclusive model contract with air purifier brand 'Clair' back in December 2019. It is revealed that Jang would promote Clair's products not only in Korea but throughout Asia as well.
2002 was Jang's year, with best selling albums, multiple endorsements and highly rated TV shows under her belt. Her popularity throughout South Korea is massive, often dubbed as Jang Na-ra Syndrome. And eventually, her popularity extended to China and other Asian countries. However, her workload took a toll on her health. She disclosed in an interview on Healing Camp that she suffered from gastric ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome, panic disorder, bulimia, and acrophobia due to intense stress and pressure as a celebrity. She also halted her singing activities in 2014 due to stage phobia and focused her work on acting.
Jang belongs to a family of actors. Her father, Ju Ho-seong (real name Jang Yeon-kyo), is a theater actor, producer, and director. He also manages Jang's career since her debut. She has her own agency, Rawon Culture, which was established by her father.
Charity and other activitiesEdit
Jang does many charity work such as sending 500 million won worth of commodities and 200 million won worth of powdered milk to the hungry North Korean children. She also established a US$10,000 Jang Na-ra scholarship foundation in the Philippines. She also works with the FHI Charity organization.
She served as the public relations envoy for fair elections in the 2002 South Korean presidential election. She renewed this commitment as she was chosen as one of the honorary public relations ambassadors for the 2017 South Korean presidential election.
In 2004, Jang was named public relations envoy for China by the Embassy in Korea of the People's Republic of China.
In 2007, Jang held a fund-raising concert for child patients of leukemia in China. The Jang Foundation was established from the money raised during Jang's fan club meeting at her June 9 concert in Beijing, which was held to mark the 15th year of diplomatic relations between China and South Korea. Twelve hundred seats at the concert venue sold out early. After the concert on stage, a Chinese charity organization appointed Jang as a goodwill ambassador, making her the first foreigner to receive such an honor. The same year, she was appointed as one of the goodwill ambassadors for the China-ROK Exchange Year.
Jang is also known to contribute her talent in singing for charitable activities. In 2013, she recorded a TV campaign song named “Nanoom Song” for the Community Chest of Korea. She also performed with Jackie Chan at his charity concert "Jackie Chan and his friends" on June 24, 2006 at Nanjing, Jiangsu province of China.
In 2015, Jang was recognized for her charity activities by the Ministry of Health and Welfare.
In 2017, it was revealed that Jang had secretly donated more than 13 billion won or close to 12 million US dollars since her debut in 2001 to various charities, disaster reliefs, and academic organizations. She is also known to have a big affection with animals. Aside from donating money to animal shelters, she also participates at charity events for animal care and volunteers actively such as cleaning the sick dogs' shelters.
Korean studio albumsEdit
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions||Sales|
|My Story (나의 이야기)||8||
|Dream of Asia||11||
|"—" denotes album did not chart.|
* Sales data only available through June 2008.
Chinese studio albumsEdit
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions||Sales|
|Gong Fu (功夫)||
|Journey of Love (爱的旅途)||
Collaborative and compilation albumsEdit
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions||Sales|
|History My Love||
|Jang Nara and Friends|
|Vol. 3: Cheer Up
Track 3: Fight For Your Love For Your Life
|Calling of the Heart -
The Second Story Part 2 'Rest'
Track 1: Jesus Loves Me
|As lead artist|
|"Ladylike"||2007||No data||No data||Non-album singles|
|"Cotton Clouds" (뭉게구름)|
|"If You Ask Me To"||2008|
|"Tinker Bell" (팅커벨)||2009|
|"I Only Think of You" (너만 생각나)||2012||36||N/A|
|"It's Alright"||2008||No data||No data||Opposites Attract OST|
|"Distant Horizon" (천애지아)||2010||—||N/A||Dong Yi OST Part 1|
|"Snowman in May" (오월의 눈사람타이틀)
"Orange Tree" (오렌지 나무)
|2011||—||Baby Faced Beauty OST Part 1 & 2|
|"All Day" (하루 종일)||2014||—||Mr. Back OST Part 4|
|"Someday"||2018||—||Your House Helper OST Part 4|
|"DayDream" (백일몽)||2021||Sell Your Haunted House OST Part 4|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart.|
Data not available prior to 2010.
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2001||Golden Disk Awards||Best New Artist||First Story||Won|||
|SBS Music Awards||Won|||
|MBC Music Awards||Won|||
|2002||Mnet Asian Music Awards||Best Female Artist||Sweet Dream||Won|||
|Special Jury Prize||Nominated|
|Mobile Popularity Award||Won|
|KBS Music Awards||Grand Prize (Daesang)||Won|||
|MBC Music Awards||Won|||
|Most Popular Artist||Won|
|KMTV Korean Music Awards||KMTV Award||Won|||
|Golden Disk Awards||Main Prize (Bonsang)||Won|||
|Seoul Music Awards||Won|||
|KBS Entertainment Awards||Best Newcomer in a Variety Show||Won|||
|SBS Drama Awards||Top 10 Stars||Successful Story of a Bright Girl||Won|||
|2003||39th Baeksang Arts Awards||Best New Actress (TV)||Won|||
|CCTV-MTV Music Awards||Korean Singer of the Year||Won|||
|Korea Advertisers Association||Good Model Award||N/A||Won|||
|2004||Commendation from the Secretary of Defense||N/A||Won|
|Honorary Master's Degree from the Beijing Film Academy||N/A||Won|||
|Mnet Asian Music Awards||Best Female Artist||Is That True?||Nominated|
|MBC Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actress||Love is All Around||Nominated|
|2005||China Golden Disk Awards||Most Popular Singer||Won|||
|Asia-Pacific Music Chart Awards||Asia's Best Female Singer||Won|||
|Award for Outstanding Contribution
to Korean-Chinese Cultural Exchange
|Top 10 Golden Song||Won|
|Inter-Parliamentary Union Award for Social Service||Recipient||N/A||Won|
|2007||Chunsa Film Art Awards||Hallyu Cultural Award||N/A||Won|||
|2008||Asia Model Festival Awards||Asia Star Award||N/A||Won|||
|Culture Day||Today's Young Artist Awards||N/A||Won|||
|Seoul Tour Awards||Best Korean Star Promoting Seoul Tourism||N/A||Won|||
|2009||CSR Korea Awards||Special Award (Individual)||N/A||Won|||
|Grand Bell Awards||Best Actress||Sky and Ocean||Nominated|
|2010||19th China Golden Rooster and Hundred Flowers Awards||Best Actress in a Foreign Film||Won|||
|2011||KBS Drama Awards||Top Excellence Award, Actress||Baby Faced Beauty||Nominated|
|Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries||Won|||
|Netizen Award, Actress||Nominated|
|Best Couple Award with Choi Daniel||Nominated|
|2012||KBS Drama Awards||Top Excellence Award, Actress||School 2013||Nominated|
|Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries||Won|||
|Netizen Award, Actress||Nominated|
|2014||3rd APAN Star Awards||Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries||You Are My Destiny||Nominated|
|MBC Drama Awards||You Are My Destiny, Mr. Back||Won|||
|Popularity Award, Actress||Won|
|Best Couple Award with Jang Hyuk||You Are My Destiny||Won|
|2015||8th Korea Drama Awards||Top Excellence Award, Actress||Hello Monster||Nominated|
|KBS Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries||Nominated|
|Netizen Award, Actress||Nominated|
|Best Couple Award with Seo In-guk||Nominated|
|2016||MBC Drama Awards||Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries||One More Happy Ending||Nominated|
|2017||KBS Drama Awards||Top Excellence Award, Actress||Confession Couple||Nominated|||
|Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries||Won|
|Netizen Award, Actress||Nominated|
|Best Couple Award with Son Ho-jun||Won|
|2018||23rd Chunsa Film Art Awards||Special Achievement Award||N/A||Won|||
|6th APAN Star Awards||Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries||Confession Couple||Nominated|||
|SBS Drama Awards||Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Wednesday-Thursday Drama||The Last Empress||Won|||
|2019||14th Seoul International Drama Awards||Outstanding Korean Actress||Won|||
|SBS Drama Awards||Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries||VIP||Nominated|||
|2021||7th APAN Star Awards||Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries||Nominated|
- "Jang Na-ra to Finally Graduate from University". The Chosun Ilbo. 12 February 2010. Retrieved 2016-06-12.
- "'명단공개' 장나라, 알고보니 SM출신…아이유 뺨치는 인기". My Daily (in Korean). 23 February 2015.
- "Artist of the week - Jang Nara". Soompi. 9 April 2007. Retrieved 2016-06-12.
- "回顾"淘气少女"张娜拉成名之路". Sina (in Chinese). 12 August 2003.
- "Jang Na-ra". VisitKorea. Retrieved 2016-06-12.
- "Jang Nara's Sweet Dream Comes True". KBS World. 9 September 2003.
- "Jang Nara at Home in China". The Korea Times. 21 June 2005.
- "Sales of Jang Nara's Debut Album in China Reach 800,000 Copies". KBS World. 14 March 2005.
- "Jang Nara Selected as Candidate for "Hot Issue of May" by Chinese Media". KBS World. 7 June 2005.
- "Jang Na-ra to Release Special Album in Chinese". KBS World. 15 March 2006.
- "장나라 "비행기만 내리면 중국집 가요"". JoongAng Ilbo (in Korean). 5 March 2007.
- "Jang Nara Sings "Dream of Asia" in Beijing". China Radio International. 11 April 2008.
- "Top Korean Actress records official Beijing Olympics song". Korea.net. 18 April 2008.
- "Jang Nara collaborates with Jimmy Lin". Korea JoongAng Daily. 22 March 2012.
- "Jang Nara 'Can Only Think of You'". Korea JoongAng Daily. 20 February 2012. Retrieved 2016-06-12.
- "Jang Nara teaser images released ahead of Chinese album". Korea JoongAng Daily. 19 July 2012.
- "'슈가맨2' 장나라X양동근 역대급 슈가맨...동시간대 시청률 1위" (in Korean). bnt뉴스. 21 May 2018.
- "<논스톱> 시리즈, 그 얄팍한 매력에 대하여 ". Cine21 (in Korean). 5 March 2004.
- "아이돌 스타의 인기에 의존한 <명랑소녀 성공기". Cine21 (in Korean). 11 April 2002.
- "연기·가수 '멀티 짱' 장나라". JoongAng Ilbo (in Korean). 3 January 2003.
- "드라마 '내사랑 팥쥐' 질투의 화신役 장나라". JoongAng Ilbo (in Korean). 26 August 2002.
- "An elderly stalker". The DongA Ilbo. 9 April 2014.
- "<연합인터뷰>「오!해피데이」의 장나라, 박정철". Yonhap News (in Korean). 11 December 2003.
- "장나라 이번엔 맹랑소녀로 변신". The Korea Times (in Korean). 3 June 2004.
- "'Wedding': a bittersweet romantic comedy to explore what's important in marriage". Hancinema. 25 August 2015.
- "Who do viewers want back onscreen in 2008?". Osen. Dramabeans. 8 January 2008.
- "Jang Nara leads"Sassy Princess"". Sina. 12 May 2005.
- "Jang Nara popular with police". China Daily. 25 May 2005.
- "More Korean TV stars act abroad". Yonhap News. 4 February 2013.
- "Jang Na-ra drums up fresh attention for new song and drama in China". Korea JoongAng Daily. 17 January 2012.
- "Jang generates buzz with return to big screen". Korea JoongAng Daily. 29 October 2009.
- "장나라 영화 '하늘과바다' 겨우 1만명 :: 네이버 TV연예". Newsis (in Korean). 2 November 2009. Retrieved 2016-06-12.
- "Director Kim Tae-kyun, Jang Nara win at film fest in China". 10Asia. 2010-10-18. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2016-06-12.CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link)
- "Korea's 'Sky and Sea' Wins Prize at Tirana International Film Festival". The Chosun Ilbo. 21 December 2010. Retrieved 2016-06-12.
- "Jang Nara ends six-year TV hiatus". The Korea Herald. 27 April 2011.
- "Debut 10 years Jang Nara, "Nothing has changed..."". Hancinema. 29 March 2011. Retrieved 2016-06-12.
- "Jang Na-ra Hopes to Take on More Bold Roles with Sexy Appeal". The Chosun Ilbo. 5 July 2011.
- Hong, Lucia (2 January 2012). "Shin Ha-kyun scores top prize at 2011 KBS Drama Awards". 10Asia. Retrieved 2014-08-18.
- "Jang Nara to play leading lady in Chinese movie". 10Asia. 1 November 2011. Archived from the original on 31 August 2017.
- "′Flying With You′ Director Compliments Jang Nara". enewsWorld. 26 April 2014.
- "Jang Nara to act with Jackie Chan's son". Korea JoongAng Daily. 10 May 2012.
- "Jang Nara joins dad for new drama". Korea JoongAng Daily. 10 April 2012. Retrieved 2016-06-12.
- Jeon, Ji-young (30 November 2012). "Jang Nara's Cute Wish for School 2013's Success". KBS Global. Retrieved 2012-12-07.
- "김남주, KBS 연기대상 대상..'넝쿨당' 10관왕(종합)". Star Money (in Korean). 31 December 2012.
- "Jang Nara Becomes Cute for Her New Role in a Chinese Drama". enewsWorld. 7 February 2013. Archived from the original on 26 July 2014. Retrieved 2016-06-12.
- "Actress Jang Na-ra Makes Ordinary Extraordinary". The Chosun Ilbo. 20 September 2014.
- "Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara to Reunite in Drama Fated to Love You". enewsWorld. 3 April 2014. Archived from the original on 7 April 2014.
- "Chinese are loving latest MBC drama". Korea JoongAng Daily. 22 September 2014.
- "Snail couple back in new short drama". Korea JoongAng Daily. 31 October 2014.
- "Jang Na-ra to star 'Mr. Back' with Shin Ha-kyun". Kpop Herald. 10 October 2014. Retrieved 2016-06-12.
- "Jang Nara wins Top Excellence Award in a Miniseries and says, "Thanks Shin Ha-kyun"". Newsen. 30 December 2014.
- "Seo In Guk and Jang Nara Confirmed for New Drama ′I Remember You′". enewsWorld. 24 April 2015.
- "Drama 'One More Happy Endling' Holds a Production Conference". BNT News. 18 January 2016. Archived from the original on 1 September 2017. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- "Son Ho-jun and Jang Nara together in new drama "Confession Couple"". Hancinema. 30 August 2017. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- "Jang Na-ra Grows Closer to Mom Thanks to Latest TV Role". The Chosun Ilbo. 25 November 2017.
- "(Yonhap Interview) Actress Jang Na-ra says recent work brings her to tears over beer". Yonhap News Agency. November 23, 2017.
- "KBS romantic comedy 'Couple on the Backtrack' exits". The Korea Times. 20 November 2017.
- "KBS Drama Awards 2017: Kim Young Chul, Chun Ho Jin share grand prize; complete winners list". International Business Times. 1 June 2018.
- ""Empress's Dignity" confirmed the main cast". JTBC. 4 September 2018.
- ""The Last Empress" Jang Nara and Shin Sung-rok Ready to Tackle Modern Day Monarchy". Hancinema. 20 November 2018.
- "주연의 품격 보여준 '황후의 품격' 장나라". Sports Donga (in Korean). 19 February 2019.
- Lee Yae-eun (June 5, 2019). "'VIP' 장나라·이상윤·이청아·곽선영·표예진 출연…오피스 멜로 온다 [공식]". My Daily (in Korean).
- "Jang Nara's Upcoming Rom-Com Confirms Go Joon, Park Byung Eun, And Jung Gun Joo For Main Cast". Soompi. 7 February 2020.
- Kim So-yeon (September 21, 2020). "[단독] 장나라X정용화, '대박부동산'으로 뭉친다" [[Exclusive] Jang Nara X Jung Yong Hwa, united as'Daebak Real Estate']. Hankyung (in Korean). Retrieved February 23, 2021.
- Se-Jin, Kwon. "장나라 "이젠 내가 CF 짱"". 파이낸셜뉴스.
- "장나라 'CF여왕'으로 화려한 탄생". 한국경제.
- "KTF 광고, 한국-폴란드 골 주인공 정확히 맞춰". I-News24.
- In-Hyuk, Hwang. "기아차 2003년형 뉴스펙트라 출시". 매일경제.
- Byeong Woo, Lee. "김재원, 15년 전 장나라와 교복 CF 찍어…"어제도 문자 주고 받아"". 한강타임즈.
- "[애드 포커스] 파파이스 '막춤편' .. 치킨 "먹고 싶은 부위만 먹자"". 한국경제.
- "보해 잎새주 광고모델 '장나라' 기용". Yeon Hap news.
- In-Suk, Jo. "클레어, 전속모델 장나라와 아시아권 모델계약". SR Times.
- Kyung-Ha, Lee. "장나라 공기청정기 '클레어', 아시아권 진출 계약 체결". 세계비즈.
- Kim, Myeong-Sang. "'최강 동안' 장나라, 화장품 모델 발탁…참존의 새로운 얼굴로". tenAsia.
- Lee, Min-Hyeong. "참존, 장나라와 전속 계약…토털 뷰티 케어 회사와 '새 출발'". YBS news.
- "'슈가맨2' 장나라의 2002년은 신드롬이자 전설이었다". SE Daily (in Korean). 21 May 2018.
- "Jang Na-ra confesses to eating disorder". The Korean Herald. 13 October 2014.
- "장나라 "스트레스 위궤양에 각혈까지, 주변 정리했다"". Newsen (in Korean). 14 October 2014.
- "'슈가맨2' 장나라, 무대 공포증 고백 "노래 다시는 안 하겠다 다짐했는데…"". Moodeungilbo (in Korean). 21 May 2018.
- "Jang Nara's father Joo Ho-sung debuts as a movie director with 'Polaroid'". Hancinema. 23 June 2015.
- "Jang Nara says will never do movie with dad again". 10 Asia. 7 October 2009.
- "[엔터비즈]연예인 1인 기획사, 과연 남는 장사일까? 그 대차대조표를 살펴보니…". Sports Chosun (in Korean). 22 January 2013.
- "What is the secret of Jang Na-ra's baby face beauty?". Yahoo! Lifestyle. 16 January 2019.
- "장나라, 北에 CF 출연료 2억원어치 분유 전달". Sports Chosun (in Korean). 27 July 2004.
- "장나라, 아름다운 선거 홍보대사 위촉 '영광입니다~'". Sun Seoul (in Korean). 2 February 2017.
- "장나라 '2002년부터 홍보대사예요'". Yonhap News (in Korean). 17 April 2017.
- "Jang Na-ra Named Chinese 'PR Envoy'". The Chosun Ilbo. 6 February 2004.
- "Jang Nara Named Ambassador of Chinese Charity". KBS Global. Archived from the original on 2007-07-02. Retrieved 2007-06-30.
- "Four stars named "goodwill ambassadors" for China-ROK Exchange Year". China Daily. 16 December 2006.
- "Singer Jang Na-ra helps quake victims". Korea JoongAng Daily. 14 February 2009.
- "Jang Nara to be associate professor at university in Beijing". 10Asia. 2 July 2010.
- "Jang Nara to promote Gangnam District". The Korea Times. 2011-01-11. Archived from the original on 2016-08-05. Retrieved 2016-06-12.
- "Jang Nara Lends her Voice to Community Chest of Korea". 10Asia. 7 June 2013.
- "Jang Nara Recognized by Jackie Chan for Success in China". Soompi. 27 June 2006.
- "Actress Jang Na-ra Recognized for Charity Works". The Chosun Ilbo. 25 November 2015.
- "Generous Jang Na-ra". New Straits Times. 24 November 2017.
- ""선행도 여신급" 16년간 130억 이상 기부한 장나라". Sports Seoul (in Korean). 21 November 2017.
- "유기견 보호소에서 무릎 꿇고 강아지 '똥·오줌' 치우는 장나라". Insight (in Korean). 7 July 2018.
- "[투데이 연예톡톡] 장나라, 유기견 보호소 봉사 포착 '훈훈'". MBC News (in Korean). 9 July 2018.
- "K-pop Album Sales Volume" (in Korean). Recording Industry Association of Korea. Archived from the original on 2018-04-18. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- "First Story charting". Archived from the original on 2009-01-16. Retrieved 2019-07-25.
- "Sweet Dream charting". Archived from the original on 2008-12-05. Retrieved 2019-07-25.
- "3rd Story charting". Archived from the original on 2005-05-26. Retrieved 2019-07-25.
- "My Story charting". Archived from the original on 2009-02-28. Retrieved 2019-07-25.
- "Dream Of Asia charting". Archived from the original on 2009-02-26. Retrieved 2019-07-25.
- "2001 K-pop Album Sales Volume" (in Korean). Recording Industry Association of Korea. Archived from the original on 26 September 2004. Retrieved 30 April 2018.
- "2002 K-pop Album Sales Volume" (in Korean). Recording Industry Association of Korea. Archived from the original on 21 December 2007. Retrieved 30 April 2018.
- "March 2003 K-pop Album Sales Volume" (in Korean). Recording Industry Association of Korea. Archived from the original on 2005-03-23. Retrieved 30 April 2018.
- "2003 K-pop Album Sales Volume" (in Korean). Recording Industry Association of Korea. Archived from the original on 2 September 2004. Retrieved 30 April 2018.
- "2004 K-pop Album Sales Volume" (in Korean). Recording Industry Association of Korea. Archived from the original on 29 September 2007. Retrieved 30 April 2018.
- "February 2005 K-pop Album Sales Volume" (in Korean). Recording Industry Association of Korea. Archived from the original on 2005-12-19. Retrieved 30 April 2018.
- "First Half of 2008 K-pop Album Sales Volume" (in Korean). Recording Industry Association of Korea. Archived from the original on 2009-02-20. Retrieved 30 April 2018.
- "Gaon Digital Chart" (in Korean). Gaon Music Chart.
- "골든디스크 대상에 그룹 god의 '길'". Yonhap News (in Korean). 14 December 2001.
- "성시경·장나라, '2001 가요대전' 신인상". JoongAng Ilbo (in Korean). 30 January 2002.
- "MBC '10대 가수 가요제' 수상자 선정". Yonhap News (in Korean). 21 December 2001.
- "보아，NO.1 뮤직비디오 인기상". KMIB (in Korean). 1 December 2002.
- "'KBS 2002 가요대상' 대상에 장나라". Yonhap News (in Korean). 31 December 2002.
- "'2002 MBC 10대가수 가요제' 대상에 장나라". Yonhap News (in Korean). 2 January 2003.
- "KMTV 코리안뮤직어워드 수상자 선정". Yonhap News (in Korean). 28 December 2002.
- "제17회 골든디스크상 대상에 그룹 쿨". Yonhap News (in Korean). 13 December 2002.
- "서울가요대상 최고 영예에 보아". Yonhap News (in Korean). 6 December 2002.
- "'2002 KBS 연예대상'에 개그맨 신동엽". Yonhap News (in Korean). 29 December 2003.
- "'2002 SBS 연기대상' 대상에 안재모". Yonhap News (in Korean). 1 January 2003.
- "백상예술대상에 「집으로…」「올인」". Yonhap News (in Korean). 26 March 2003.
- "전국광고주대회 "기업 살아야 나라가 산다"". MK (in Korean). 1 October 2013.
- 장나라, 최고 대우로 중국 드라마 출연. Cine21 (in Korean). 11 September 2004.
- "Jang Nara chosen best Asian singer". China Daily. 2 August 2005.
- "장나라, 中 '아ㆍ태 뮤직 어워드' 3관왕". Hankyung (in Korean). 31 July 2005.
- "이병헌 수애 '그 해 여름' 춘사대상영화제 5관왕 영예". edaily (in Korean). 14 September 2007.
- "아시아의 스타 '장나라'". Newsis (in Korean). 18 January 2008.
- "Bae Receives National Order of Culture Merit". The Korea Times. 19 October 2008.
- "Journalist Wins Award for Promoting Tourism". The Korea Times. 1 July 2008.
- "후지제록스, 환경보호 캠페인 1년 365일 실시". Financial News (in Korean). 23 June 2009.
- "2014 MBC Drama Awards Winners". iMBC (in Korean).
- "KBS Drama Awards 2017: Kim Young Chul, Chun Ho Jin share grand prize; complete winners list". International Business Times. 1 January 2018.
- "주호성-장나라 부녀, 공로상 수상 "장미를 주었더니, 향기 남았더라" (2018 춘사영화제)". Star Daily News (in Korean). 18 May 2018.
- "이병헌·손예진·아이유 APAN스타어워즈 노미네이트". Star News (in Korean). 27 September 2018.
- Lee, Jihyun (January 1, 2019). [SBS 연기대상] 감우성·김선아, 공동 대상..베스트 커플상까지(종합) [[SBS Drama Awards] Gam Woo-sung, Kim Sun-ah, co- grand prize.. Best Couple Award (Comprehensive)]. News1 (in Korean). Archived from the original on December 31, 2018. Retrieved June 26, 2020.
- "Awards honor the best in TV drama". Korea JoongAng Daily. August 30, 2019.
- Kim, Soo-hyung (January 1, 2020). "'열혈사제' 김남길, 대상으로 '8관왕' 기염‥'VIP' 장나라, 프로듀서상 (종합) [2019 SBS 연기대상]". Osen (in Korean). Archived from the original on December 31, 2019. Retrieved January 1, 2020 – via Naver.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jang Na-ra.|