Janet Alcoriza (born Janet Riesenfeld, January 4, 1918 – November 12, 1998), also known as Raquel Rojas, was an American screenwriter and actress of Austrian and Scotch-Irish descent who spent most of her career in Mexico. She contributed to more than 50 films from 1945 to 1987, and early in her career was associated with Luis Buñuel.
January 4, 1918
New York City, United States
|Died||November 12, 1998 (aged 80)|
|Other names||Raquel Rojas, Janet Gaye, Raquel Alcoriza|
When she was a girl, she fell in love with acting when she observed performances at the theater her father operated. She took lessons from her father's dancing teacher, and she later spent time in Mexico and Spain, which aided her in becoming fluent in Spanish. She later wrote about her experiences in Spain (which was at war at the time) in an autobiographical book.
Janet was married to Mexican screenwriter and director Luis Alcoriza.
- Lo que importa es vivir (1987)
- El niño y el tiburón (1978)
- Lío de faldas (1969)
- Paula (1969)
- Como perros y gatos (1969)
- Romeo contra Julieta (1968)
- Cómo pescar marido (1967)
- The Gangster (1965)
- Perdóname mi vida (1965)
- El buena suerte (1961)
- La furia del ring (1961)
- El hambre nuestra de cada día (1959)
- Me gustan valentones! (1959)
- Morir de pie (1957)
- La vida no vale nada (1955)
- La isla de las mujeres (1953)
- Don't Be Offended Beatrice (1953)
- La miel se fue de la luna (1952)
- Una gringuita en México (1951)
- Engagement Ring (1951)
- Si usted no puede, yo sí (1951)
- Daughter of Deceit (1951)
- La liga de las muchachas (1950)
- Tú, solo tú (1950)
- The Great Madcap (1949)
- Flor de caña (1948)
- Nocturne of Love (1948)
- Una extraña mujer (1947)
- The Hour of Truth (1945)
- Tlayucan (1962)
- The Exterminating Angel (1962)
- The Criminal Life of Archibaldo de la Cruz (1955)
- Tribunal de Justicia (1944)
- El niño de las monjas (1944)
- Tormenta en la cumbre (1943)
- Espionaje en el golfo (1943)
- I'm a Real Mexican (1942)
- The Three Musketeers (1942)
- Cuando viajan las estrellas (1942)
- Café Concordia (1939)
- Una luz en mi camino (1939)
- "Sólo Cine: Rojas, Raquel". cinematerapia.blogspot.de. Retrieved 2016-11-12. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "26 Jun 1946, 16 - Sioux City Journal at Newspapers.com". Newspapers.com. Retrieved 2019-03-08.
- "13 Jul 1943, Page 5 - The Circleville Herald at Newspapers.com". Newspapers.com. Retrieved 2019-03-08.
- "13 Mar 1921, 42 - New York Herald at Newspapers.com". Newspapers.com. Retrieved 2019-03-08.
- "1 Jul 1943, Page 13 - The Cumberland News at Newspapers.com". Newspapers.com. Retrieved 2019-03-08.
- "2 Mar 1938, Page 10 - Detroit Free Press at Newspapers.com". Newspapers.com. Retrieved 2019-03-08.