Jan van Schijndel
van Schijndel in 1951
|Full name||Jan van Schijndel|
|Date of birth||4 March 1927|
|Place of birth||Schiedam, Netherlands|
|Date of death||28 February 2011(aged 83)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 4 March 2011|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 4 March 2011
A one-club man, van Schijndel has played his entire career for SVV in Schiedam, with whom he won the 1949 Dutch league title and the first Dutch Supercup. He was one of the last surviving players of that title-winning squad.
Van Schijndel made his debut for the Netherlands in a March 1949 friendly match against Belgium and had earned a total of 17 caps, scoring one goal. He captained the Netherlands in his last three games. He was a non-playing squad member for his country at the 1952 Summer Olympics.
- Scores and results list the Netherlands' goal tally first.
|1||16 June 1949||Olympic Stadium, Helsinki, Finland||Finland||4-0||4-1||Friendly match|
Van Schijndel died on 28 February 2011 at the age of 83.
- Netherlands - Champions - RSSSF
- Netherlands - List of Super Cup Finals - RSSSF
- Henk Könemann, eeuwige legende van SVV - Algemeen Dagblad (in Dutch)
- Netherlands roster - FIFA
- National team stats - Voetbalstats (in Dutch)
- Voormalig international Jan van Schijndel overleden - Voetbal International (in Dutch)
- Jan van Schijndel at National-Football-Teams.com