Jamuna Future Park
Jamuna Future Park is a shopping mall in Dhaka. It was inaugurated on 6 September 2013. Construction began in 2002, by Jamuna Builders Ltd., a subsidiary of the Jamuna Group and the exterior was completed in 2008. It has a total floor area of 4,100,000 square feet (380,000 m2).
|Location||Ka-244, Pragati Sharani, Kuril, Baridhara, Dhaka, Bangladesh|
|Coordinates||23° 48′ 40″ N, 90° 25′ 29″ E|
|Opening date||10 August 2013|
|Architect||A J M Alamgir|
|No. of stores and services||510|
|No. of floors||8|
The complex is spread across 33 acres (13 ha) of land in Kuril, Baridhara, situated on the Pragati Sharani, neighboring middle and upper class residential areas of Dhaka city like Gulshan, Banani, Uttara and Bashundhara. It is relatively close to Shahjalal International Airport, offices of multinational companies, major embassies and other offices.
The centrally air-conditioned shopping complex has seven floors, equipped with its own 45MW power plant and WiFi internet. The lower basement and middle basement floor are reserved for car parking and a portion for a supermarket and a hypermarket. Level 1 is the base floor for all atria, facilities for live entertainment, musical and fashion shows. From the ground floor to the fifth floor, there are several categories of outlets, non-branded shops, banks, online booths and food courts. The fifth floor has space for a children's theme park, a gymnasium and a health club, two separate swimming pools for men and women, exhibition halls, banquet halls, international standard movie theater with seven individual halls, 22-lane bowling alley with karaoke facilities, and a musical and entertainment floor. JFP is also going to have Dhaka's second ice skating rink. The shopping mall is built with earth resistance as per Bangladesh National Building Code (BNBC) Zone 2.
- "Project at a Glance". Jamuna Future Park. Archived from the original on 26 August 2013. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "Features". Jamuna Future Park. Archived from the original on 16 July 2016. Retrieved 16 October 2015.
- ".: Jamuna Future Park || The Biggest Shopping Mall in South Asia !". jamunafuturepark.com. Archived from the original on 20 September 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2015.
- "Jamuna Future Park to open soon". The Daily Star. 8 October 2012. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- "Bangladesh National Building Code pdf file" (PDF). Public Works Department, Bangladesh. 2006. Retrieved 16 October 2015.
- "Jamuna Group gets Marriott as hotel partner". The Daily Star. 5 February 2013. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jamuna Future Park.|